Having spent a few days now on the KEYone, totally addicted to it.

Absolutely the complete opposite of a disaster.
    How it is in comparison to your Iphone? ;p

Posted via CB10
    03-04-17 01:23 PM
    I truly hope it does well in sales! But I'm skeptical of how much of a demand there really is for a physical keyboard on a smartphone these days. Or BlackBerry Android phones, in general.

Also, if BlackBerry Mobile is counting on lots of BB10 and BBOS "hold-outs" like me to upgrade, I'm not so sure they will see the mass exodus they hoped for. If BB10/BBOS users haven't moved on to another platform by now, it's probably because their current devices still meet most their needs just fine and/or the BlackBerry Android phones just aren't interesting enough to get them to switch.

Many of us just aren't interested in the KEYone (despite your recent not-so-subtle attempts to guilt and shame us into moving on, haha).

I do hope the KEYone proves my skepticism wrong.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    Count me as someone who has been 100% happy with my Z10 with no frustrations, but I am absolutely excited about the KEYone. I hadn't been planning to retire my BB10 phones for at least another year, but I will jump in June if the K1 Android task switching isn't too onerous.

However, even after buying it, if the phone doesn't feel as natural as BB10 after a month of diligent practice, I'll return it without hesitation. There isn't a single app out of the million+ available on Android that is worth putting up friction in opening and switching apps, sharing, file management, etc.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    03-04-17 01:35 PM
    The BlackBerry Keyone is a disaster. I can tell you its gonna suck.

Firstly the name...
    I stopped reading here... Why does the name matter?
    WT44 likes this.
    03-04-17 02:12 PM
    There isn't a single app out of the million+ available on Android that is worth putting up friction in opening and switching apps, sharing, file management, etc.

Then you're in luck. Opening and switching between apps is identical - just touch the square instead of swiping up.

Sharing and File Management on Android is light years ahead of BB10.
    03-04-17 02:28 PM
    Then you're in luck. Opening and switching between apps is identical - just touch the square instead of swiping up.

Except that sharing part is horribly slow...
    03-04-17 02:38 PM
    Except that sharing part is horribly slow...
    Not my experience. Integration between apps is much, much deeper and richer on Android.
    03-04-17 02:39 PM
    Not my experience. Integration between apps is much, much deeper and richer on Android.
    Not the integration and how it works. Spoke to quite a few other Priv users, they notice the same thing. It's when you press the Share button, that dialog takes forever to even display to select where to share to.
    03-04-17 02:54 PM
    Not the integration and how it works. Spoke to quite a few other Priv users, they notice the same thing. It's when you press the Share button, that dialog takes forever to even display to select where to share to.
    Odd, as that is not my experience.
    03-04-17 02:56 PM

Thanks, Conite! I'm looking forward to testing.

As I've said, I've been impressed with the improvements I've seen in Android M and N, and I would love to have better FTP options as well as Skype for Business, OneDrive for Business and other integrations that I've been able to live without up to now.

The last time I seriously tested Android (Lollipop), the lack of granular permission settings for apps was an absolute deal breaker. I kept installing apps then rejecting the bundled permissions, which meant I could ever test the apps unter face and functionality. I finally just gave up altogether!

Now I'm comfortable that I will be able to install and test apps in a careful conservative manner to set the level of privacy/security with which I'm comfortable.

03-04-17 06:08 PM
    The BlackBerry Keyone is a disaster. I can tell you its gonna suck.

Firstly the name... they went with keyone when mercury was a much better name

Specs. I applaud the camera and the ram and the rest of the stuff... but snapdragon 625? For 549$.

Dude we get snapdragon 808 phones for cheaper nowadays.

The presentation sucked

April...lawl

And iam pretty sure that they wont advertise it.

Posted via my Nokia 3310
    What exactly is your problem with it? The price? The specs? Or the price for the specs? A Samsung Galaxy A7 with about the same specs costs about the same thing and noone is moaning. If ur complaints are that you'd prefer better specs, then you just need to look around for the device that suits you. The DTEK60 is one of many

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 01:34 PM
    03-05-17 02:10 PM
    I would buy one if they had offered a 64GB or 128GB storage option but with 32GB it would be practically useless to me. In 2017 we should not need to be uninstalling apps or deleting pictures or some other stuff due to lack of internal storage.
    03-05-17 02:16 PM
    I would buy one if they had offered a 64GB or 128GB storage option but with 32GB it would be practically useless to me. In 2017 we should not need to be uninstalling apps or deleting pictures or some other stuff due to lack of internal storage.
    Then add a U3 SD card as extended device storage.
    03-05-17 02:19 PM
    Then add a U3 SD card as extended device storage.
    That is good for music and pictures but not all apps and pictures in apps. A lot of chat apps have images in them these days. Storage card is good for some things but not all things.
    03-05-17 02:24 PM
    I feel like this device is the complete opposite of a disaster. I think most people are forgetting they're not trying to tailor this device to everybody. This isn't the device they expect to take on the apples and samsungs of the world.

This is being developed for a niche group and it hits all of the marks that they require. We'll see how it does pretty soon but I think it's great.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 02:26 PM
    For me its a winner.I am in, I hope India gets it soon before its glory days are over as usually it hits the Indian market when its saturated globally. Can wait to lay my hands on one

Red passport
    03-05-17 02:29 PM
    Good article
    03-05-17 02:33 PM
    That is good for music and pictures but not all apps and pictures in apps. A lot of chat apps have images in them these days. Storage card is good for some things but not all things.
    You misunderstand. You can use an SD card as external memory, or to extend the device's INTERNAL memory instead.
    03-05-17 02:34 PM
    What I read people used the BlackBerry in the past or testing devices before from BlackBerry like the Priv are comparing the keyboard to the bold 9900 and the Classic series. So that neat and it means it will rocks under your fingertops. Second the device is made to last the whole day with a good mix for most users on this planet. The price will be a bit on the high end when it will come out in april/may but they never said it will be under 599euro/549 dollar and at that time it will be lower.

If i must choose I would also go for the 625 and I my hope was with this chipset before they announced it. The screen is big enough and my only hope is that i can make movies and pictures without rotating the device 90 degrees when holding it in my hand.

So is it a failure if prereviewer and reviewers talking about a great device with the best hardware mix and talking about a high end device and worthy to be a true flagship there is this Android World.
    03-05-17 03:13 PM
    Look, the OP with all due respect is spreading FUD. Let's all wait until we can test the KEYOne in real world conditions, shall we? The name is ok from the order sheet filled out by an enterprise or government customer. The OP also has to realize this device isn't intended to be a flagship in the eyes of the consumer. BlackBerry tried to do that with the Priv, and get cute by adding a slider, and failed. The last thing we all should complaining about is price. I think the intended markets will buy the KEYOne, where they didn't buy the Priv. BlackBerry Mobile and TCL need the KEYOne to succeed. Why? Its success paves the way for two consumer-oriented devices with souped up specs: the successors of the DTEK 60 and possibly the Priv. Also, a wildly successful KEYOne can lead to a higher end version with the SD 821 or 835 SoC, 4GB of RAM, even more MP on the camera -- all of which, of course, will demand a much higher price. But for now, BlackBerry fans ought to be happy with what the KEYOne brings to the primary markets of enterprise and consumer. Most consumers, I think, will be happy with the typical boring Android slab, and find the whole package, particularly with nice camera sensor, an attractive device to consider buying.

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Classic with BB10 OS 10.3.3.2205 on T-Mobile
    03-05-17 03:28 PM
    You misunderstand. You can use an SD card as external memory, or to extend the device's INTERNAL memory instead.
    Maybe I misunderstood then. You can extend the internal storage memory with the memory card? So if I have a 256GB memory card installed it would be as if I had an internal storage of 288GB (32+256).??
    03-05-17 03:33 PM
    Maybe I misunderstood then. You can extend the internal storage memory with the memory card? So if I have a 256GB memory card installed it would be as if I had an internal storage of 288GB (32+256).??
    http://www.androidcentral.com/inside...ptable-storage
    03-05-17 03:47 PM
    Thanks for the link. From what I had read before though was that some Android smartphone manufacturers allowed their internal memory storage to be expanded via memory card and others did not. Blackberry does then..?
    03-05-17 04:01 PM
    I can't wait to ditch my overheating mess of a priv.
    03-05-17 04:49 PM
    Thanks for the link. From what I had read before though was that some Android smartphone manufacturers allowed their internal memory storage to be expanded via memory card and others did not. Blackberry does then..?
    Yes
    9900Boldfan likes this.
    03-05-17 05:13 PM
446 ... 1415161718