FYI:
    800 series are a multi-core processors!
    625 has 8 cores.
    02-25-17 02:39 PM
    We should learn how to... "Google" - at least!
    02-25-17 02:39 PM
    The BlackBerry Keyone is a disaster. I can tell you its gonna suck.

Firstly the name... they went with keyone when mercury was a much better name

Specs. I applaud the camera and the ram and the rest of the stuff... but snapdragon 625? For 549$.

Dude we get snapdragon 808 phones for cheaper nowadays.

The presentation sucked

April...lawl

And iam pretty sure that they wont advertise it.

Posted via my Nokia 3310
    So based on your reaction I suspect you're deeply disappointed because you love the phone, you love the keyboard but pissed off because you can't play your Pokémon in 3D because of specs? Or racing games?

This is a productivity phone, the 625 is justified to prolong battery life, not everyone cares about specs, people want a phone to fit their needs. I want this phone because of the latest android, keyboard and security and I need a phone that lasts through out the day with heavy usage.

Passport/CB10 on Bell
    02-25-17 02:41 PM
    FYI:
    800 series are a multi-core processors!
    so are the 6xx.....
    Carjackd and jakie55 like this.
    02-25-17 02:41 PM
    If you want BlackBerry Android, with its better security and updates, along with BlackBerry suite exclusives, you need to purchase from a BlackBerry licencee.
    If I need an Android device BlackBerry name will be at the bottom of the list.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 02:42 PM
    Hmm.. I can buy two ZTE Blade V8 Pro $230 per device. (Same spec as Keyone without PKB) and still have $90 left on my pocket.
    02-25-17 02:43 PM
    Check blackberrymobile.com
    02-25-17 02:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    You're all over the place - pushing the goalposts around on every reply.
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-25-17 02:45 PM
    Hmm.. I can buy two ZTE Blade V8 Pro $230 per device. (Same spec as Keyone without PKB) and still have $90 left on my pocket.
    Then do it. I guess this pkb device is not for you.
    02-25-17 02:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's at the top of my list. Can't be rooted. Monthly Security updates. Flick physical keyboard. Yes, I'm paying a premium for a lower specced (in some aspects) phone. But I get a better level of security. Plus I may wait for purchase incentives or for the price to come down a bit.
    guizmox, Carjackd, jakie55 and 3 others like this.
    02-25-17 02:50 PM
    Does it have a blackberry physical keyboard?

Passport/CB10 on Bell
    02-25-17 02:52 PM
    This launch should be used at high schools and colleges around the world as an example of how to fail from beginning to end. I've seen kids at science fairs put on a better presentation.
    02-25-17 02:53 PM
    If BlackBerry management team are monitoring this forum, they are probably saying to themselves what have we done.
    I doubt it. After reading the OP's message, they are probably wondering why some people here are so quick to complain. I think OP is being very bitter and negative, and didn't put much thought into his final conclusion.
    ollyberry likes this.
    02-25-17 02:54 PM
    If BlackBerry management team are monitoring this forum, they are probably saying to themselves what have we done.

Posted via CB10
    No they do not since they never listen

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 02:56 PM
    @OP, Are you done designing your passport 2?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 02:57 PM
    Those statements are ridiculous. The only "same specs" are the chipset and ram. When you take a closer look you will see the differences. (401ppi vs 434ppi, dual sim vs sd using one of the slots, gorilla glass 3 vs 4, Quick charge 2 vs 3, 3140mAh vs 3505mAh, full touch vs capacitive qwerty, marshmallow vs nougat, etc.)

So, "same specs" is not a very accurate term...
    jakie55, SMocek and croman like this.
    02-25-17 02:58 PM
    The other thing I noticed is that on the day of the launch of a new Apple phone/device, they put a big notice on the front page of their website to drum up excitement, and the device info and ordering availability is there immediately. I just checked both ShopBlackBerry and blackberry.com and I see nothing about the KEYOne.
    I wasn't very impressed by the presentation either, I thought it was a little rushed. But look, we have to accept that BlackBerry at this point does not have the resources of Apple nor the might that they once had. Considering the circumstances, I think this device and the partnership with TCL is a step in the right direction for BlackBerry and the handsets business.
    02-25-17 03:01 PM
    Mobilephones using Snapdragon 835:

Samsung Galaxy S8 (Will be the first mobile to use this chipset)
    Microsoft Surface phone (this doesn't even exist but ok)
    Xiaomi Mi6 (only available in China)

Mobile brand using Snapdragon 625:

Asus
    Huawei
    Lenovo
    ZTE
    Oppo
    Vivo
    But at what prices?

Get some cases and screen protectors with the remaining $90
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-25-17 03:02 PM
    I just checked in GSMArena a comparison between my Blackberry Priv and the new Blackberry KEYone
    The only things were the KEYone surpasses my Priv is a faster GPU, Adreno 418 @ 600 MHz vs Adreno 506 @ 650 MHz (I don't know whether is better or not anyway as this Adreno 506 graphic unit is integrated on Snapdragon 625 and Adreno 418 in 808) and a FM radio.

Sorry, not going to change my Priv for a KEYone

Posted via NEC G9D+
    02-25-17 03:03 PM
    Go ahead or I can sell you a couple of iPhones for $50 each.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 03:05 PM
    Oh right the plastic keyboard is what is warranting 300$ premium on price tag, lol
    You were expecting a wooden keyboard? Seriously, the keyboard is what sets the phone apart, and the tech involved is pretty advanced. People who are not interested in a PKB should obviously go elsewhere. I don't think anyone would argue that this is the best Android for anyone who doesn't want a PKB.

The chip and battery were chosen for endurance, not for being the fastest out of the gate. Every review I've watched so far makes this point.

My impression is that anything under $600 these days is mid-range, not flagship class. Yes you can get comparable specs for less but not with PKB and BlackBerry Android. I have no idea whether those things will attract many buyers but without them (the BB hardened Android at least) there's no reason for BlackBerry mobile devices to exist at all, at any price.

I completely get that it can be a tough call whether the BlackBerry distinctives are worth the extra money. I've been using a OnePlus One for over two years. I passed on the PRIV and Dtek60. I may pass on the KEYone but... I'm getting that feeling I may just go for it. That "plastic keyboard" does have a certain draw, and I think I like the 3:2 screen.
    jakie55, jng0705, SMocek and 9 others like this.
    02-25-17 03:08 PM
    Right I just came he after months of inactivity cause I JUST wanted to complain for the sake of complaining. Not that I was waiting for this stupid phone to come out for months only to be disappointed on specs and pricing.

I guess DTEK60 for you is not high end... either way BETTER SPECS cheaper than keyone. No excuses.
    No need to have a tantrum about it.
    02-25-17 03:09 PM
    Then do it. I guess this pkb device is not for you.
    I already have it haha. I was preparing for Keyone so I can get used to snapdragon 625 performance, but performance is like between 808 & 810. Of course, it does have better battery life. Not snappy as 821, exynos 8890, kirin 950/960, though. If you have DTEK60, it's will be definitely slower.
    02-25-17 03:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Great but you took the time to come in here and complain?
    Carjackd and ollyberry like this.
    02-25-17 03:10 PM
    Go ahead or I can sell you a couple of iPhones for $50 each.

Posted via CB10
    I have most of iphones already. no thanks lol
    02-25-17 03:11 PM
446 12345 ...