hello fans, I would like to share with you a few things, in fact I am a big fan of blackberry since os7 versions, and there I went to Keyone crossing os10, and honestly I am quite disappointed, I think that there are a lot of faults to correct on android blackberry, buttons navigations are not in the right place, the microphone is mediocre, the graphics applications as Call is very ugly, the only thing I find is the battery, in anyway it was my personal opinion
    09-18-18 02:58 PM
    hello fans, I would like to share with you a few things, in fact I am a big fan of blackberry since os7 versions, and there I went to Keyone crossing os10, and honestly I am quite disappointed, I think that there are a lot of faults to correct on android blackberry, buttons navigations are not in the right place, the microphone is mediocre, the graphics applications as Call is very ugly, the only thing I find is the battery, in anyway it was my personal opinion
    You seem to be referencing issues with Android - not the KEYᵒⁿᵉ in particular.

It takes getting used to.
    09-18-18 03:09 PM
    yes but sometimes I touch the arrow back, and it's nothing or it touches something else on the screen, I really would like to work on a lot of things, maybe the Key2 is better in this side, or maybe I just arrived from the Blackberry Classic, that's why I noticed this difference, and to tell you, the Classic is a very powerful phone and very powerful, I think of elsewhere return to the Classic or the Z30.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    09-18-18 03:35 PM
    yes but sometimes I touch the arrow back, and it's nothing or it touches something else on the screen, I really would like to work on a lot of things, maybe the Key2 is better in this side, or maybe I just arrived from the Blackberry Classic, that's why I noticed this difference, and to tell you, the Classic is a very powerful phone and very powerful, I think of elsewhere return to the Classic or the Z30.
    Trust me, just bear down and use the KEYᵒⁿᵉ exclusively for at least a month. It can take that long to reprogram muscle memory.
    09-18-18 03:49 PM
    Yea microphone and call quality are not the best but hopefully TCL have money to improve.
    Amine Berry likes this.
    09-18-18 04:56 PM
    and I find that the os10 with its graphics and its black theme mode and its hub and led of notifications is simply beautiful, I see that there is a big difference and I did not feel the premium quality of blackberry, it is completely TCL apart from the logo behind and a little keyboard, even if the keyboard is not really complete, but I'll get used because I simply love Blackberry, it's different and it's class for me.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    09-19-18 02:48 AM
    My wife made the transition from Classic to KeyOne and I was expecting her to have issues. After a week she proclaimed it the best phone she's ever had. She's crazy picky.
    Amine Berry, rarsen and FF22 like this.
    09-19-18 03:57 AM
    sound's good, maybe i need just time for that.
    09-19-18 06:13 AM
    As conite says, give it time. It took me time from Passport to PRIV. I’ve been through DTEK and now use the KEYone. I’ve gone back to BB10 phones as WiFi device for week of vacation days in my living room. The KEYone is preferable and went everywhere outside that living room. The nostalgia isn’t always the actuality. Best wishes and patience with the new device. You’ll learn to love it once you get used to it.
    Amine Berry, Gajja, FF22 and 1 others like this.
    09-19-18 06:35 AM
    As conite says, give it time. It took me time from Passport to PRIV. I’ve been through DTEK and now use the KEYone. I’ve gone back to BB10 phones as WiFi device for week of vacation days in my living room. The KEYone is preferable and went everywhere outside that living room. The nostalgia isn’t always the actuality. Best wishes and patience with the new device. You’ll learn to love it once you get used to it.
    I will support that. My move from BB10 was from a Z10 to a Priv. At first I thought I had made a bad mistake, but now a couple of years later I don't regret a single thing.
    Amine Berry likes this.
    09-20-18 09:11 AM
    Those of you who are not happy with the call/audio quality: with Oreo you can actually boost treble on the phone app's built-in equalizer (phone app>settings>sounds&vibration>sound equalizer>boost treble). This helped me really a lot and it feels almost like having my Classic phone call quality back...
    Last edited by shandy-R2D2; 09-20-18 at 02:04 PM.
    09-20-18 09:20 AM
    Those of you who are not happy with the call/audio quality: with Oreo you can actually boost treble on the phone app's built-in equalizer (phone app>setting>sounds&vibration>sound equalizer>boost treble). This helped me really a lot and it feels almost like having my Classic phone call quality back...
    Thanks for the tip!
    FF22 likes this.
    09-20-18 12:27 PM
    and I find that the os10 with its graphics and its black theme mode and its hub and led of notifications is simply beautiful, I see that there is a big difference and I did not feel the premium quality of blackberry, it is completely TCL apart from the logo behind and a little keyboard, even if the keyboard is not really complete, but I'll get used because I simply love Blackberry, it's different and it's class for me.
    Honestly, I think you're 100% correct in your assessment. Android is noisy in its design, notifications, etc. BB10 is much more streamlined and clean. Of course, BB10's capabilities are much more limited than Android's, so there's the tradeoff.

No amount of practice or muscle memory development will make Android as simple and elegant as BB10 for the functions where BB10 is superior. It's a design and interface issue, not a user education and training issue.

However, if, like many people, you have no choice but to switch to Android, rest assured that it is usable, once you learn how to configure it and get used to it. Conite is correct that retraining your muscle memory may take a few weeks.

But, for me, no amount of training, configuration, or dedicated effort has let me warm to using Android. Even Blackberry's laudable effort to migrate the Hub and provide the activity tab can't fool Android to prioritizing the inbox over every other aspect of the phone the way BB10 did.

In Android, messaging is just one of 100s of thousands of other apps, and it feels like it. Moreover the designers of the Android Hub have added way too many buttons and controls that muddle the composition area.

From what I've read, a lot of people around here either don't notice or don't care about these issues. I'm jealous of them. I really wish I didn't mind all the Android lipstick and mascara that's been frantically applied to the Hub. But it just annoys the crap out of me.
    rolfep and Amine Berry like this.
    09-20-18 12:52 PM
    Honestly, I think you're 100% correct in your assessment. Android is noisy in its design, notifications, etc. BB10 is much more streamlined and clean. Of course, BB10's capabilities are much more limited than Android's, so there's the tradeoff.

No amount of practice or muscle memory development will make Android as simple and elegant as BB10 for the functions where BB10 is superior. It's a design and interface issue, not a user education and training issue.

However, if, like many people, you have no choice but to switch to Android, rest assured that it is usable, once you learn how to configure it and get used to it. Conite is correct that retraining your muscle memory may take a few weeks.

But, for me, no amount of training, configuration, or dedicated effort has let me warm to using Android. Even Blackberry's laudable effort to migrate the Hub and provide the activity tab can't fool Android to prioritizing the inbox over every other aspect of the phone the way BB10 did.

In Android, messaging is just one of 100s of thousands of other apps, and it feels like it. Moreover the designers of the Android Hub have added way too many buttons and controls that muddle the composition area.

From what I've read, a lot of people around here either don't notice or don't care about these issues. I'm jealous of them. I really wish I didn't mind all the Android lipstick and mascara that's been frantically applied to the Hub. But it just annoys the crap out of me.
    Agreed. While the Android hub is nothing short of a miracle compared what else exists on android, it is not as streamlined as the bb10 hub.

My big gripe is with the way conversations are handled. I have started a few threads about this but it seems not to bother anyone else, so I can't get any traction even here on CB.

If they could just clean up the conversation view, and make the pull down calendar view not so goofy, the hub would be near perfect.
    Frank Costanza likes this.
    09-20-18 05:16 PM
    Agreed. While the Android hub is nothing short of a miracle compared what else exists on android, it is not as streamlined as the bb10 hub.

My big gripe is with the way conversations are handled. I have started a few threads about this but it seems not to bother anyone else, so I can't get any traction even here on CB.

If they could just clean up the conversation view, and make the pull down calendar view not so goofy, the hub would be near perfect.
    Honestly, I gave up on conversation view after two days of fiddling with it. It's not a great model for my work, anyway, because people jump on and off email chains all the time, and it's too Cumbersome to look at who was on each email.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-20-18 05:27 PM
    Honestly, I gave up on conversation view after two days of fiddling with it. It's not a great model for my work, anyway, because people jump on and off email chains all the time, and it's too Cumbersome to look at who was on each email.

I have never liked conversation view in email. Just show me each separate message in the order it was received, thank you.
    psychofox13 likes this.
    09-20-18 05:59 PM

I like conversation view in Outlook or BB10, but had to disable it in the Android hub as it is extremely frustrating to navigate. The reply buttons are not in a fixed position, half the time are not even visible on the screen until you scroll, and keyboard shortcuts do not work in conversation mode. Do not know how they came up with that design!
    Amine Berry likes this.
    09-20-18 07:00 PM
    I like conversation view in Outlook or BB10, but had to disable it in the Android hub as it is extremely frustrating to navigate. The reply buttons are not in a fixed position, half the time are not even visible on the screen until you scroll, and keyboard shortcuts do not work in conversation mode. Do not know how they came up with that design!
    I agree. I tried to figure it out for a couple of days, then gave up. I found it to be inconsistent and confusing for the reasons you stated.

09-20-18 07:15 PM
    I like my K1. I have had it for almost a year but still haven't developed the muscle memory. I am still hitting the wrong buttons. But, I appreciate still having the Hub and a keyboard.
    09-20-18 08:11 PM
    I like my K1. I have had it for almost a year but still haven't developed the muscle memory. I am still hitting the wrong buttons. But, I appreciate still having the Hub and a keyboard.
    That’s just you being you.... LOL not everyone can be a Chuck Finley. Just ask Michael Weston.......
    09-20-18 08:13 PM
    That’s just you being you.... LOL not everyone can be a Chuck Finley. Just ask Michael Weston.......
    Well, who is Michael Weston?
    Amine Berry likes this.
    09-20-18 08:29 PM
    I feel old now. TV show from about ten years ago, Burn Notice...
    Well, who is Michael Weston?
    09-20-18 08:33 PM
    I feel old now. TV show from about ten years ago, Burn Notice...
    Oh, just never watched that one.
    09-20-18 08:39 PM
    Ha. My BB10 knows just what I like and keeps me satisfied. So, I have no reason to chase the newer, shiner phones. (Though I do keep a KEYone on the side, it's hard to take it seriously, and it's definitely not a threat to my BB10, who I'll be with till one of us dies.)
    that's totaly true.
    09-21-18 03:49 AM
    I miss the BB10 gestures, responsive and clean interface but, you know, BB10 is dead. sometimes I try to switch to other phones, like Sammy S8 or Huawei PX but, guys, NOTHING is like blackberry HUB!

Writing an email with physical keys and with a clean e straightforward mail interface worth the price of KeyOne with all related flaws IMHO.
    09-21-18 04:30 AM
36 12