I use AT&T. What are the differences between the Keyone they sell and the generic unlocked LTE?
    02-20-18 07:21 AM
    I use AT&T. What are the differences between the Keyone they sell and the generic unlocked LTE?
    The color. AT&T space black vs unlocked silver if you're comparing 3/32 vs 3/32. Theoretically, updates faster coming factory unlocked. Theoretically, better warranty service and support with AT&T since carrier sold. I always buy carrier version if available. For me, updates aren't that important.
    02-20-18 07:31 AM
    I have a factory unlocked KEYᵒⁿᵉ which I use on ATT. Several differences between it and the ATT locked phones are the unlocked isn't filled with AT&T bloatware. My KEYᵒⁿᵉ gets updates faster than the locked phones. ATT has blocked several features that are in the latest update that unlocked phones get. Another advantage is if I get tired of ATT I can go with another provider with the same cell bands.
    I'm sure other posters can add to the advantages factory unlocked phones have over provider locked versions.
    02-20-18 07:31 AM
    Get the AT&T branded one. It gets VoLTE, which makes reception much better because it isn't dropping down to HSPA when making calls. I've had both and the difference is night and day. Also, AT&T has been very good about timely updates for the most part.
    02-20-18 08:33 AM
    Get the AT&T branded one. It gets VoLTE, which makes reception much better because it isn't dropping down to HSPA when making calls. I've had both and the difference is night and day. Also, AT&T has been very good about timely updates for the most part.
    So unlocked version doesn't support VOLTE?
    02-20-18 10:43 AM
    AT&T won't allow it to work on factory unlocked KeyOnes, although technically they have that capacity.
    krazyatom likes this.
    02-20-18 10:45 AM
    AT&T won't allow it to work on factory unlocked KeyOnes, although technically they have that capacity.
    My unlocked KEYᵒⁿᵉ is provisioned for VoltE but not WiFi calling on ATT.
    02-20-18 01:08 PM
    My unlocked KEYᵒⁿᵉ is provisioned for VoltE but not WiFi calling on ATT.
    I believe I have the same issue with AT&T KEYone.
    02-20-18 01:43 PM
    Another AT&T device-exclusive feature may be Hotspot support, or I believe that was at least the case with previous models like the AT&T Passport.

Having just gotten my own AT&T branded KeyONE a week ago, I can testify to very little bloatware - just four apps total if including visual voice mail.

Some folks complain about the delay in receiving updates, but I personally prefer for others in the CrackBerry universe to take the plunge first so that I know what to expect and avoid. Having a lag doesn't bother me a bit.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-18 05:58 PM
    Another AT&T device-exclusive feature may be Hotspot support, or I believe that was at least the case with previous models like the AT&T Passport.

Having just gotten my own AT&T branded KeyONE a week ago, I can testify to very little bloatware - just four apps total if including visual voice mail.

Some folks complain about the delay in receiving updates, but I personally prefer for others in the CrackBerry universe to take the plunge first so that I know what to expect and avoid. Having a lag doesn't bother me a bit.

Posted via CB10
    I can use my factory unlocked KEYᵒⁿᵉ as a mobile Hotspot.
    In regard to Att updates, remember that Att is free to block or cripple any features (which they did) that are available in factory unlocked phone updates.
    02-21-18 07:22 AM
    I have a factory unlocked KEYᵒⁿᵉ which I use on ATT. Several differences between it and the ATT locked phones are the unlocked isn't filled with AT&T bloatware. My KEYᵒⁿᵉ gets updates faster than the locked phones. ATT has blocked several features that are in the latest update that unlocked phones get. Another advantage is if I get tired of ATT I can go with another provider with the same cell bands.
    I'm sure other posters can add to the advantages factory unlocked phones have over provider locked versions.
    What features did att block?
    02-22-18 10:44 AM
    I have a factory unlocked keyone that I've used on both AT&T (H20 wireless). and t-mobile (MetroPCS) and I had service with both, VOlte with both and have gotten wifi calling working with metro. But however, for whatever reason I had much better signal with my unlocked passport then my keyone. and I have better signal on t-mobile than att.
    02-24-18 08:59 PM