So I got my KEYone today:

*The capacitive buttons are getting in the way. I keep hitting them as I type! So stupid!!

*The keys are tiny! Smaller than the Classic more narrow than the PRIV. This could be an issue it's not comfortable at all

*The biggest concern right now, as you can see in the picture (if applicable)- the recent apps capacitive square looks fine when off, however when it is lit up I notice as best I can describe dirt, not sure if the smudge is due to poor alignment or some type of keyboard malfunction the "dirt" goes away when the light is off though.*

Those are my gripes right now. I enjoyed the unboxing, the feel of the device, etc. But the keyboard is slightly, *well it is cramped! The only thing holding me is the fact I got $300 for my Classic making this a $280 purchase. *But the stupid capacitive buttons are in the way, and this "blemish" under the square is a cause for concern - *but with limited stock, I really don't want to wait for a new replacement so I'm hoping someone else has a similar defect on their keyboard. I loathe these capacitive buttons they should have did software or what the Moto G5 plus did and made it navigation via the keyboard! *That would have been innovation!*

Please check your capacitive buttons and tell me if you have similar blemishes!*
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone defects initial query-418.jpg  
    06-07-17 07:33 PM
    If the blemish bothers you there is no need to live with it. Send it back for replacement. As far as the capacitive keys, you have only had the phone for a few hours. It's amazing how your fingers will adapt to the keyboard over a couple of days. If you plainly just don't like the phone send it back for a refund or put it for sale! Lots of people looking for a KEYone right now!
    06-07-17 07:52 PM
    So I got my KEYone today:

*The capacitive buttons are getting in the way. I keep hitting them as I type! So stupid!!

*The keys are tiny! Smaller than the Classic more narrow than the PRIV. This could be an issue it's not comfortable at all

*The biggest concern right now, as you can see in the picture (if applicable)- the recent apps capacitive square looks fine when off, however when it is lit up I notice as best I can describe dirt, not sure if the smudge is due to poor alignment or some type of keyboard malfunction the "dirt" goes away when the light is off though.*

Those are my gripes right now. I enjoyed the unboxing, the feel of the device, etc. But the keyboard is slightly, *well it is cramped! The only thing holding me is the fact I got $300 for my Classic making this a $280 purchase. *But the stupid capacitive buttons are in the way, and this "blemish" under the square is a cause for concern - *but with limited stock, I really don't want to wait for a new replacement so I'm hoping someone else has a similar defect on their keyboard. I loathe these capacitive buttons they should have did software or what the Moto G5 plus did and made it navigation via the keyboard! *That would have been innovation!*

Please check your capacitive buttons and tell me if you have similar blemishes!*
    Yea return this garbage man. If it was a refurbished phone or you got it for $200 ok. But not for full msrp no way.

This is just sloppy man smh...
    06-07-17 07:59 PM
    I think the majority of KEYᵒⁿᵉ's are the same. The back, home, and recent buttons are the same for mine. "Lightly faded" is how I describe it. Definitely not solid. I think that's just how it's built as I have seen others comment the same on YouTube.
    06-07-17 08:37 PM
    Yea return this garbage man. If it was a refurbished phone or you got it for $200 ok. But not for full msrp no way.

This is just sloppy man smh...
    It's starting to look that way. Every time I type and hit the home button I get pissed! This was not smart, how did they get this far! Def not worth $549
    06-07-17 09:05 PM
    they need to do a Apple antenna gate and send free tape or something to cover up the capacitive keys. how this made it past R&D is fun knee
    06-07-17 09:18 PM
    It's starting to look that way. Every time I type and hit the home button I get pissed! This was not smart, how did they get this far! Def not worth $549
    How on earth do you hit the home key while typing?!?!

I've had mine a week and have become quite used to the phone now. I actually prefer the Keyone keyboard over my Passport's.
    06-07-17 09:18 PM
    I think the majority of KEYᵒⁿᵉ's are the same. The back, home, and recent buttons are the same for mine. "Lightly faded" is how I describe it. Definitely not solid. I think that's just how it's built as I have seen others comment the same on YouTube.
    Loll really? Then I take back what I said lol

Which reviews have shown thjs?

Wasn't the op's just slightly faded on the recents key though?

The unit I saw at Rogers looked like a normal unit to me, you know, with solid white paint on the capacitive keys like other manufacturers loll
    06-07-17 09:28 PM

I've had mine a week and have become quite used to the phone now. I actually prefer the Keyone keyboard over my Passport's.
    The same way myself and others keep doing it lol!! Idk well see but it might be going back!
    06-07-17 10:27 PM

The same way others are lol.
    06-07-17 10:28 PM
    The pictures don't do it justice it's like chipped paint! It's like the backlight isn't filled in completely so it gives it a blemish look like its been scratched.
    06-07-17 10:30 PM
    You honestly want to return the phone for that?? Really? Looks like mine, and I wouldn't give mine up for $1,000.
    06-07-17 10:31 PM
    You honestly want to return the phone for that?? Really? Looks like mine, and I wouldn't give mine up for $1,000.
    Yes they didn't receive defective money, I shouldn't have a defective unit. Say I go sell it and they notice it and think it's damaged etc.
    06-07-17 10:43 PM
    Suit yourself. If I were a waiter, I would be terrified to serve you a meal. "Send this back to the kitchen. See that piece of lettuce? If you look closely the edge is wilted. Okay, it's hard to see, but it's there and now I've lost my appetite..." Ahahaha! Just kidding. Hope someday you feel the KEYone love like I do for my nearly perfect one.
    06-07-17 11:00 PM
    The K1 keys may be different than the PRIV's, but the keyboards are the same size.
    06-07-17 11:09 PM
    Suit yourself. If I were a waiter, I would be terrified to serve you a meal. "Send this back to the kitchen. See that piece of lettuce? If you look closely the edge is wilted. Okay, it's hard to see, but it's there and now I've lost my appetite..." Ahahaha! Just kidding. Hope someday you feel the KEYone love like I do for my nearly perfect one.
    Faux pas! Lol that's not a good correlation.....plenty of food items never look exactly like the menu item photo lol! My initial thoughts were internal damage. If it's just bad lighting alignment thats one thing. But to have a future defect after my return period because the button stopped working would be an issue for me!
    06-07-17 11:21 PM
    Most of your issues are subjective and you get used to it.

I had been using the phone since end of April and don't hit the home button at all.

Tiny buttons are not that tiny for my large thumbs. As for the blemishes, yes it's there but not as yours. I'm not worried about it to be honest.

The biggest problem is the slowing down after using for the day and I have to reboot. BlackBerry when optimises their software, then it'll be almost perfect.
    06-08-17 12:13 AM