I'm having a serious issue with my KeyOne overheating, Even when not in use, turned off and in normal charge mode not boost the device becomes so hot near the top you can't touch it. Most of the threads i've seen say don't use the phone but that doesn't seem to be a solution.

I don't ever use boost mode anymore to make sure my phone is going to explode from battery heat. Is this a common issue, i've read a lot of threads about heat issues
    11-13-17 01:00 PM
    I haven't noticed much about the KEYone "overheating"....

Contact support if you are concerned about it being dangerous.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-13-17 01:02 PM
    never had any problem on the keyone , you should rma your device.

only ever had this problem on the PRIV.

keyone runs smooth and heatfree
    11-13-17 01:03 PM
    I'm having a serious issue with my KeyOne overheating, Even when not in use, turned off and in normal charge mode not boost the device becomes so hot near the top you can't touch it. Most of the threads i've seen say don't use the phone but that doesn't seem to be a solution.

I don't ever use boost mode anymore to make sure my phone is going to explode from battery heat. Is this a common issue, i've read a lot of threads about heat issues
    Contact your provider for an rma if possible.

You might have a bad battery causing the excessive heat. If it gets to hot it's not impossible that your device can have a Samsung Note 7 like blow out
    11-13-17 01:25 PM
    Cheers, will do. Unfortunately BlackBerry specifically request devices get sent to them even via carphone warehouse so no phone for 2 weeks.
    Beginning to regret not waiting for Pixel 2!
    11-13-17 01:28 PM
    Are you able to try an use an alternate charger and see if you have the same issue?
    11-13-17 01:49 PM
    happened to mine. at least that's my conclusion. the bottom part of my back cover melted. sent it back under warranty through my service provider. 4 days later had a brand new keyone in my hands.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-13-17 02:43 PM
    Are you able to try an use an alternate charger and see if you have the same issue?
    Yeah i've tried several charging blocks (same usb c cable though as the only one I have is the one that came with it, but that shouldn't matter)

I've taken it in to carphone warehouse and they've sent it off, if it still has the same issue afterwards im gonna end up using my previous LG G4 as my phone for the next couple of years till this contract ends
    11-14-17 10:58 AM