Hey all,

My BB Keyone (BB100-3) on the Verizon network has a damaged charging port and is currently being repaired.

In the meantime, I have gotten a hold of a BB Keyone (BB100-2) CDMA Unlocked Verizon, and was wondering how to activate and set it up. The phone is brand new out of the box. I have removed the old SIM card and SD card from the other phone.

If I put the SIM card and SD card into the new phone will work? Or, do I need to set up the phone first and then plug in the SIM card and SD card?

I plugged the new phone and charged it up and it is on the blue set-up screen with a "Let's Go" yellow-colored button. Not quite sure how to proceed?

Should I try to use the "Device Switch" from my old Q10 and switch to the new phone?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by milkphish; 12-20-20 at 06:41 PM.
    12-16-20 12:25 AM
    Hey all,

My BB Keyone (BB100-1) on the Verizon network has a damaged charging port and is currently being repaired.

In the meantime, I have gotten a hold of a BB Keyone (BB100-2) CDMA Unlocked Verizon, and was wondering how to activate and set it up. The phone is brand new out of the box. I have removed the old SIM card and SD card from the other phone.

If I put the SIM card and SD card into the new phone will work? Or, do I need to set up the phone first and then plug in the SIM card and SD card?

I plugged the new phone and charged it up and it is on the blue set-up screen with a "Let's Go" yellow-colored button. Not quite sure how to proceed?

Should I try to use the "Device Switch" from my old Q10 and switch to the new phone?

Thanks in advance!
    The first step is to get it activated on VZW on CDMA if that’s still a required step
    12-16-20 05:09 AM
    Hey all,

My BB Keyone (BB100-1) on the Verizon network has a damaged charging port and is currently being repaired.

Thanks in advance!
    BBB100-2 is not CDMA. Nor is the BBB100-1 for that matter.

Neither would work on Verizon.

Only the BBB100-3 (specific variant PRD-63118-001) will.
    milkphish likes this.
    12-16-20 06:29 AM
    Hey all,

Thanks in advance!

The KEY device don't use LINK or "Device Switch".

It used Google's backup features.... you did enable this in setting and the Photos app? Should be as simple as using the same google account to set it up. There could be a few apps that require their own backup... Password Keeper is one.

As for activation.... going to assume that as you weren't using a Verizon phone anyway, that just switching the SIM might work .
    12-16-20 07:09 AM
    BBB100-2 is not CDMA. Nor is the BBB100-1 for that matter.

Neither would work on Verizon.

Only the BBB100-3 (specific variant PRD-63118-001) will.

Thank you for this information. It was spot on. Apparently, the vendor sold me a BBB100-2 and advertised it as being compatible with Verizon/CDMA. It appears they mislabeled the box and sent me the wrong phone. They should have sent me the BBB100-3. I would not have figured it out if it wasn’t for your reply. I have sent the phone back and requested a full refund and ordered from a different retailer. Hopefully, I’ll get the correct BBB100-3 Verizon/CDMA as advertised. Thanks again!
    12-21-20 01:41 AM
    The KEY device don't use LINK or "Device Switch".

It used Google's backup features.... you did enable this in setting and the Photos app? Should be as simple as using the same google account to set it up. There could be a few apps that require their own backup... Password Keeper is one.

As for activation.... going to assume that as you weren't using a Verizon phone anyway, that just switching the SIM might work .
    I’ve always been on Verizon. I meant to say BBB100-3 in my original post; I edited it with the correct info. Unfortunately, only my photos were backed up. None of my contacts, texts, or other important information was backed up. So, this is a total disaster. My only hope is to get my old Keyone repaired so that I can at least backup my contacts and other information into the Google interface. In the meantime, I’m desperately trying to get a new working phone. I have been without a phone now for 13 days and it has been extremely difficult using iMessage on my iPad and a landline at home. I feel as if I’m in the middle ages. If everything fails, then my last resort is to get a used keyone and manually re-enter all my contacts from my 2013 BB Bold. I haven’t been able to get into my Q10 because of a lost password, and I’ve used up 9/10 chances. The whole experience has been a hot mess.

I mentioned Device Switch because when I went from my Q10 to the Keyone, I used that app to transfer all contacts, etc. to the new device. I was thinking if I have to start over, then I could just redo everything from the Q10 again. I would lose 2 1/2 years of new contacts, but at least I would have everything prior to 03/2018. Hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by milkphish; 12-21-20 at 01:54 AM.
    12-21-20 01:42 AM
    I’ve always been on Verizon. I meant to say BBB100-3 in my original post; I edited it with the correct info. Unfortunately, only my photos were backed up. None of my contacts, texts, or other important information was backed up. So, this is a total disaster. My only hope is to get my old Keyone repaired so that I can at least backup my contacts and other information into the Google interface. In the meantime, I’m desperately trying to get a new working phone. I have been without a phone now for 13 days and it has been extremely difficult using iMessage on my iPad and a landline at home. I feel as if I’m in the middle ages. If everything fails, then my last resort is to get a used keyone and manually re-enter all my contacts from my 2013 BB Bold. I haven’t been able to get into my Q10 because of a lost password, and I’ve used up 9/10 chances. The whole experience has been a hot mess.

I mentioned Device Switch because when I went from my Q10 to the Keyone, I used that app to transfer all contacts, etc. to the new device. I was thinking if I have to start over, then I could just redo everything from the Q10 again. I would lose 2 1/2 years of new contacts, but at least I would have everything prior to 03/2018. Hope that makes sense.
    Device Switch was something built into the LINK desktop software. When you switched from Q10 to KEYone, the method to use was the "app" BlackBerry Content Transfer. But from that point on you should have been allowing Google to backup your KEYone. So if you got a new Android phone it would just be a matter of using the same account with it.
    12-21-20 07:20 AM

Did you actively remove Google backup on your KEYᵒⁿᵉ? You should get your SMS, and phone logs back for sure.

Is your email/contacts/calender not synced with a cloud solution like Gmail or Outlook.com?

Was Google Photos setup to sync your photos?
    12-21-20 10:15 AM