Hi Crackberrians, and Happy New Year!
    I've had the KEYone (AT&T Black Edition) for some time and thought I'd share my experiences with the phone thus far.

First of all, I had to order it online because AT&T does not carry the phone in their stores; they do not even have sample models in stores to get your hands on. I paid about $550 USD and waited five days to receive it in the mail. As soon as i opened the box and held the phone, I knew I had made a right decision in buying it. The phone is incredibly sleek and good looking. The all-black paint job makes it look professional AND cool (cooler than the original silver edition, in my opinion).

KEYBOARD:
    The keyboard is different from my Classic, and has a 'mushy' type feel to it. It took some getting used to, but I'm enjoying it so far. The tactile/smart keyboard features are awesome as well. "flick" predictive typing is useful and is becoming part of my regular typing experience. Swiping left to erase entire words is new, but very cool. I'm not sure if the Android function buttons count as being part of the keyboard, but for this brief review, I'll include it in this section. The three buttons are honestly kind of annoying to deal with when typing. I find myself accidentally pressing them when trying to use the predictive typing feature, causing me to go to the homescreen. My guess is that it will take a little more time to get used to, but it does get annoying.

SCREEN/DISPLAY:
    I mainly use my phone for text messaging and email. Videos look great, and so do photos. It's a huge upgrade from the smaller Classic screen. I have noticed a small lag when I swipe to go to my apps on the homescreens. It won't detect my swipe, I suppose, and I have to swipe two or three times to get the phone to do what I want it to do. More screen real estate is nice for reading articles and long emails.

GENERAL DESIGN:
    Like many KEYone users, I find the positioning of the lock button and convenience key annoying. Yes, it will take time to get used to, but even when I try unlocking my phone with one hand and try hitting the unlock button, my hand/palm accidentally hits the convenience key (which I have set up as a silent/vibrate/normal button). I think they could have thought out the placement of these buttons a little more when designing the device.

ANDROID OS:
    Runs smoothly. Have no complaints. I can download the apps that I need and personalize my phone the way I want it. Good move by Blackberry Mobile/Blackberry to partner with Android.

Camera:
    The camera takes descent photos. It's not amazing, but it does enough for what I need. Video quality is another story: videos come out in poor quality. I'm trying to use it more often to figure out how to configure settings to get better results.

Overall:
    I love the phone. Battery is a machine!! Don't have to stop in the middle of the day to charge it. Overall the phone has amazing pros, but also some pretty annoying cons. The look of it is appealing and performs great. If anyone has similar issues with their KEYone, fire off below. The screen stuff could be an isolated issue with my device. Thanks

EDIT:
    Forgot to mention the fingerprint sensor and the lack of hitting "enter" to send.
    The fingerprint sensor is wicked fast and really reliable. So far, I have had no issues with it. It's nice because I added it to some apps like my mobile banking and it makes it really easy to log into the phone and applications.
    One thing that I have not gotten used to is the fact that I can't hit "enter" to send my text messages. The function works on apps like Instagram and Snapchat, but not on messages. I tried changing the configuration, but couldn't not figure out how to do it (don't think you can)
    Last edited by PALoeza; 01-13-18 at 05:28 PM.
    01-13-18 04:05 PM
    Similar experience to you. I also hate the android navigation buttons form. While typing this response, I flicked and closed the app by mistake. I hope they have this figured out for their next device.
    PALoeza likes this.
    01-13-18 04:56 PM
    Similar experience to you. I also hate the android navigation buttons form. While typing this response, I flicked and closed the app by mistake. I hope they have this figured out for their next device.
    Saw an article saying BBMobile would have at least two new devices this year. Maybe they'll implement these changes to them. KEYone is a beast, but they definitely could have made changes to make it better.
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-13-18 05:29 PM
    Textra or Yatta for texting allows you to hit the Enter key to send if you want to try those out.
    01-13-18 07:22 PM
    you can double tap on any blank portion of your home screen to lock the phone. No need to use the button.
    PALoeza and anon(9188202) like this.
    01-13-18 07:44 PM
    when I first got my keyOne Black edition I went all in with google but overtime it didn't work as well as I hoped, because lots of people I know loves google. I ended up switching to Microsoft ei word, exel, calendar, outlook etc and I'm loving my keyOne 100000% more.
    PALoeza likes this.
    01-13-18 07:49 PM
    Same as your opinion, for me, K1 is a balance phone, not a high-end device.
    01-13-18 07:56 PM
    Textra or Yatta for texting allows you to hit the Enter key to send if you want to try those out.
    Beat me to it. I use Textra, and you can set it to use Enter to send. One of the joys of Android is the option to use different apps for each function.
    PALoeza likes this.
    01-13-18 08:00 PM
    you can double tap on any blank portion of your home screen to lock the phone. No need to use the button.
    Tried looking for this feature in settings but can't find it. Any help on how to do it?
    01-13-18 08:25 PM
    when I first got my keyOne Black edition I went all in with google but overtime it didn't work as well as I hoped, because lots of people I know loves google. I ended up switching to Microsoft ei word, exel, calendar, outlook etc and I'm loving my keyOne 100000% more.
    Are you talking speed-wise? Or overall productivity? Google implementation seems fine right now. Though I did see in other threads that devices started to lag after more use and more apps
    01-13-18 08:26 PM
    Beat me to it. I use Textra, and you can set it to use Enter to send. One of the joys of Android is the option to use different apps for each function.
    Will definitely look into this. Im used to using Enter to send because of my Classic. It was really convenient.
    01-13-18 08:27 PM
    It's not a setting that I know of. Just double tap the screen and it locks it
    PALoeza likes this.
    01-13-18 09:29 PM
    It's not a setting that I know of. Just double tap the screen and it locks it
    Managed to do it! Had to find it in the settings menu. Thanks!
    01-13-18 09:59 PM
    Managed to do it! Had to find it in the settings menu. Thanks!
    My home screen unfortunately doesn't have any blank space. Is full of icons. I would have to swipe to the next screen
    01-13-18 10:11 PM
    Will definitely look into this. Im used to using Enter to send because of my Classic. It was really convenient.
    Use Textra too. Better message app
    skinnymike1 and anon(9188202) like this.
    01-13-18 10:12 PM
    in the accessibility settings you can set the space bar to answer calls and the power button to end calls.
    This phone is full of little tricks
    FF22 likes this.
    01-13-18 10:19 PM
    My preference for SMS is Yatta, it will tell me who is texting directly in my bluetooth ear piece. It will also read the text to me, if I want, but that got annoying.
    Textra is also a very good SMS app. Either one is way better than the stock Google Messenger app.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    01-14-18 08:35 AM
    I loaded Textra on my wife's LG G4 due to Messages acting goofy. Unfortunately, it doesn't timestamp the individual texts. Additionally, texts with attachments either don't show, or show with the attachments missing.

I'm resigned to moving to BlackDroid, but behaviors like these are not encouraging.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3057
    01-14-18 09:50 PM
    In regards your comment regarding the placement of the power button and the convenience key. try holding the phone with your left hand, your thumb will rest on the power button and ring finger on the convenience key. I think it was layout to be held on the left hand in my opinion.
    cmtprkl likes this.
    01-14-18 09:58 PM
    In regards your comment regarding the placement of the power button and the convenience key. try holding the phone with your left hand, your thumb will rest on the power button and ring finger on the convenience key. I think it was layout to be held on the left hand in my opinion.
    Very true. People in r&d must have been left-handed, jaja. I guess it'll just take more time to get used to. It's obviously not a deal breaker for me... I've enjoyed using the phone. I even bought a case on Amazon yesterday. Got free shipping, so it will take a bit longer to arrive.
    01-15-18 02:02 PM
    I loaded Textra on my wife's LG G4 due to Messages acting goofy. Unfortunately, it doesn't timestamp the individual texts. Additionally, texts with attachments either don't show, or show with the attachments missing.
    Thats odd, haven't used Textra in a while now, prefer YAATA, but Textra did work. Showed time stamps and no problem with attachments, (except contacts from iPhone, and Apple does that on purpose) .
    Both have a whole bunch of settings, double check them. YATTA integrates perfectly with the Hub, Textra used to, assume it still does. Just have to remember to hit the triangle key instead of the left arrow up top. The arrow will take you into the texting app, the triangle takes you back to where you were in the Hub.
    I'm assuming you did disable the Messenger app, and make Textra the default.
    01-16-18 06:50 AM
    Thats odd, haven't used Textra in a while now, prefer YAATA, but Textra did work. Showed time stamps and no problem with attachments, (except contacts from iPhone, and Apple does that on purpose) .
    Both have a whole bunch of settings, double check them. YATTA integrates perfectly with the Hub, Textra used to, assume it still does. Just have to remember to hit the triangle key instead of the left arrow up top. The arrow will take you into the texting app, the triangle takes you back to where you were in the Hub.
    I'm assuming you did disable the Messenger app, and make Textra the default.
    Installed YAATA on her phone..........working.

I made Messages, Android Messages, or Textra the default messaging app when I wanted my wife to use that app, but never disabled Messages. Is that necessary?

Pete
    01-17-18 12:19 PM
    Brag about your black edition if you must, but my silver edition KEYone came with a feature you didn't get with yours - detachable screen. 😂
    01-17-18 12:46 PM
    but never disabled Messages. Is that necessary?
    Not 100% sure, but if you're not going to use it, might as well. Then you are sure it's not using any resources.
    01-17-18 05:55 PM