These complaints grew out of my utterly dispointed brain when switching from the greatest phone ever made (passport) to the keyone.. and the keyone just isn't doing it for me, little things make a difference, BBMOBILE.

Let the complaining commence 🤡

-power button on wrong side. Who dafuq is picking this phone up in a way where that placement is convenient???

-keyboard feels and looks cheap, buttons too small to type without looking

-caps button should be under alt button

-can't control spotify via side buttons (EXCELLENT feature on passport, especially while driving bc you don't need to look at the phone.. Very safe..)

-swiping up doesn't take to home or show opened apps (great feature on passport) gotta click the dumb little android square, swiping is so much better.. Can't even swipe up out of apps. It was the best.. Swipe up, swipe right, boom hub/messages right there. With this backwards andro-ogle BS ya gotta poke the circle and go on a goosechase for the androogleberry damaged hub

-HUB SUCKS, so annoying I'll say it again, can't swipe right for hub. You can make a hub widget and make it the size of the home screen, but it's not the same at all!!!!! Gotta click it to take ya to the Google- damaged hub.. Can't 'mark as read' by clicking yellow envelopes, must open every email/notification UGHHHHHHHHH

-GOOGLE SUCKS/ doesn't feel secure (within 3 days of getting keyone I started getting random phone calls from numbers very similar to my own, NEVER happened with passport, coincidence? Who knows..)

-photos appear to be saved with Google (Only want photos saved to phone..) Google makes their own phone, why does this BB gotta be so infested with Google bugs? We just wanted to be able to use android apps and have a better camera

-VERY unsafe to use while driving, definitely should not use phones while driving but GPS.. Google maps and waze are both trash. Maps on passport was a fail too (ALWAYS took me to the wrong place) but it was easy to use

Blackberry passport imo is much more user friendly, logically setup, secure, etc.. Its unique looking, keyone looks like every other slender rectangular smartphone, but with a physical keyboard. I dropped that thing many times, even in the street, never had a case on it either. Not a single Crack in the screen. But, the power button broke, luckily it had 'flip to open' and 'swipe up to open' options so the broken power button wasn't a big deal. The keyboard quit lighting up too, but after 3 ish years I'd say that's pretty good.
    Id return this over priced pile if I could 😭
    11-05-17 02:41 PM
    Looking for a gently used Passport in mint condition? LOL
    11-05-17 06:05 PM
    Swappa...???? LMAO
    11-05-17 06:07 PM
    Passport. BB10 os. K1. android. there will be big changes to the way it works.
    11-05-17 06:57 PM
    Passport. BB10 os. K1. android. there will be big changes to the way it works.
    True, but it can be made so much more intuitive than what it currently is.
    11-05-17 07:07 PM
    Sorry OP, some of your complaints are invalid really.

One quick example, who cares where the power button is sinceyou don't ever have to use it unless you actually want to power down or restart your device. You can double tap to wake screen or use finger print sensor. Power button really only needs to be used for just that...power on/off.
    Bee Gee and Frank Costanza like this.
    11-05-17 07:20 PM
    These are just adaptation gripes. I've gone back to a PKB after about 4-5 years and it takes a bit of time and ... patience.
    The keyboard is the same quality as my amazing Bold and a bit wider, so brilliant. The rest of the stuff you just have to get used to.
    FF22 and Frank Costanza like this.
    11-07-17 06:45 AM
    Love seeing a complaint thread when it's someone's first post on CrackBerry. It's one of the first items I look at, not worth replying seeing as he/she posted a day ago and hasn't been back to reply to any posts. Love the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, small issues for me but nothing to rant or post about.

I show my device off a few times/week and I like to think I've gotten some people to try the device as their next.
    Bbnivende and Frank Costanza like this.
    11-07-17 08:14 AM

-HUB SUCKS Can't 'mark as read' by clicking yellow envelopes, must open every email/notification UGHHHHHHHHH

-
    -It looks cheap because they made the terrible decision to gloss the damn keys instead of matte black, you know, like...EVERY BlackBerry before it. I would argue that it doesn't feel cheap though, save for the occasional squeaking keys.

-You can have the mark as read gesture in the Hub by going to: Settings -> General Settings -> scroll to Swipe Gesture Actions -> and set it to what you want a right and left swipe to do.
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    11-07-17 09:23 AM
    I guess having the Black edition 4/64 guts loving it and when I cam from BB10 to android with the priv it took me a few days to adjust and said then there is a app for that, lmao!

Yes the power button is in a strange location but who am I to say why other than that its a beast, I still have my classic in my back back and the keys on it are just a tad larger but feel the same.

ive had my Keyone for 2 weeks now and its an amazing phone I had both Passports enjoyed them and the classic the flip phone bb the bold the priv and my bold is a desk top clock now but BB10 is dead and ive moved on and loving Bb again coming v=from my LG V20 which is a great phone
    11-07-17 10:16 AM
    I had a lot of these type complaints when I first switched to the Priv... it's really just acclimating to a new OS. Yes, I still think BB OS10 is much better, but unfortunately reality is that it is going away and we are all going to have to switch to something else - so might as well get used to it.

One quick example, who cares where the power button is sinceyou don't ever have to use it unless you actually want to power down or restart your device. You can double tap to wake screen or use finger print sensor. Power button really only needs to be used for just that...power on/off.
    I actually use the power button many times a day to quickly lock my screen (before putting it in my pocket, etc) so I get the irritation, but it's still just getting used to the new device.
    BigAl_BB9900 and SK122387 like this.
    11-07-17 10:28 AM
    Power button is on the left because most people pick up their phone from a rest position with their left hand and can hit the button with their thumb.

How the keyboard feels is in the eye of the beholder, but for the form factor, it's a decently sized keyboard, and I find that it feels like a really good quality keyboard. Sounds like you're just used to the Passport keyboard and are having trouble adjusting. I went through the same thing when I moved from the Q10 to the Passport. It gets easier.

Keyboard buttons are in the same place they always were (at least since the Q10). I did a side-by-side comparison and the keyboard are identical in terms of key placement.

I do miss the ability to control music with the volume buttons, but my headset allows me to control those functions, and worst case, I can control music via the lockscreen. Not a terrible adjustment.

Swiping up - this isn't BB10. Don't expect it to work like BB10, and it's a bit unfair to be upset that it doesn't. It's a different ecosystem, a different OS and it operates differently. Doesn't make it better or worse necessarily - just different. Something to get used to. I missed BB10 at first, but I'm fully adjusted to Android now and I'm happy with it.

There are aspects about the Hub that I like and ones I don't. One thing I LOVE about the Hub on Android is the ability to swipe in one direction to delete emails. Makes deleting unwanted emails easy on Android and *almost* replicates the quick actions on the right hand side from BB10. I have my right swipe set up to delete and the left to mark as read, and it's fantastic.

The phone hardware you use doesn't have an effect on the amount of spam you get. Not sure why you're suddenly getting more since switching, but it's got nothing to do with moving from BB10 to Android.

You can easily turn off automatic backup of your photos to Google Drive in the settings of the phone.

Phones in general are unsafe to use while driving. Not really an Android issue.

For your final comment, probably would have been a good idea to have given it a good test run while in the return period. I'd say take some more time and get yourself acclimated to Android. It's not as crummy as you are trying to make it sound. It's just different and you need to get used to it, especially when coming from BB10. I had a bit of a hard time adjusting when I switched to the PRIV from the Passport, but the access you get to apps and the Android ecosystem was worth the adjustment.
    11-07-17 01:56 PM
    I am so glad the power button is on the left and not on the right with the volume keys like Samsung & LG devices. On my Samsung & LG tablets I continually hit the power button when trying to adjust the volume when watching YouTube or Netflix! It's so annoying! Not the case with my Priv previously or now my K1. The volume up button is where it should be!
    11-07-17 08:32 PM
    These complaints grew out of my utterly dispointed brain when switching from the greatest phone ever made (passport) to the keyone.. and the keyone just isn't doing it for me, little things make a difference, BBMOBILE.

-power button on wrong side. Who dafuq is picking this phone up in a way where that placement is convenient???

-can't control spotify via side buttons (EXCELLENT feature on passport, especially while driving bc you don't need to look at the phone.. Very safe..)

-swiping up doesn't take to home or show opened apps (great feature on passport) gotta click the dumb little android square, swiping is so much better.. Can't even swipe up out of apps. It was the best.. Swipe up, swipe right, boom hub/messages right there. With this backwards andro-ogle BS ya gotta poke the circle and go on a goosechase for the androogleberry damaged hub

-HUB SUCKS, so annoying I'll say it again, can't swipe right for hub. You can make a hub widget and make it the size of the home screen, but it's not the same at all!!!!! Gotta click it to take ya to the Google- damaged hub.. Can't 'mark as read' by clicking yellow envelopes, must open every email/notification UGHHHHHHHHH

-GOOGLE SUCKS/ doesn't feel secure (within 3 days of getting keyone I started getting random phone calls from numbers very similar to my own, NEVER happened with passport, coincidence? Who knows..)

-photos appear to be saved with Google (Only want photos saved to phone..) Google makes their own phone, why does this BB gotta be so infested with Google bugs? We just wanted to be able to use android apps and have a better camera

-VERY unsafe to use while driving, definitely should not use phones while driving but GPS.. Google maps and waze are both trash. Maps on passport was a fail too (ALWAYS took me to the wrong place) but it was easy to use

Blackberry passport imo is much more user friendly, logically setup, secure, etc.. Its unique looking, keyone looks like every other slender rectangular smartphone, but with a physical keyboard. I dropped that thing many times, even in the street, never had a case on it either. Not a single Crack in the screen. But, the power button broke, luckily it had 'flip to open' and 'swipe up to open' options so the broken power button wasn't a big deal. The keyboard quit lighting up too, but after 3 ish years I'd say that's pretty good.
    Great post! I'm considering a switch from the Passport too. But I'm really torn. Even Apple has seen the merit of BB10 OS. Sadly Android is NO equivalent and is filled with garbage. The ONLY way it is better are the apps. As an OS for a phone, it's worse in every way.

As for the hardware. I agree, nobody who knows anything about phones likes the left power button. Every single reviewer out there has trashed this placement.

Too bad about the cheap keyboard. I tried one and it's never going to compete with luxury of the passport keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-17 08:59 PM
    Meh....a couple weeks after switching to android and anyone can be a rock star on the OS...and that pretty much goes for switching to any device / OS. Damn I remember buying the z10 on release day in Canada and after getting it home and playing with it for an hour or two I was like " what did I do? Should I go back to bbos? Nah....just keep at it and Moving forward.

This looks like a case of cognitive dissonance - post purchase depression syndrome
    Last edited by Carjackd; 11-14-17 at 09:40 PM.
    FF22, Bbnivende and bitek like this.
    11-07-17 10:13 PM
    Missing the swipe to open the Hub? Buy a Priv. The Priv has the swipe up feature. Works great!
    11-07-17 10:31 PM

Id return this over priced pile if I could
    I agree with some of your points.

1. That's just habitual. I find myself clicking the button that doesn't exist on the left side of my BB10 devices now
    2. Smaller keyboards are a personal preference. Personally, I didn't like the Passport's keyboard size or 3 rows.
    3. You obviously didn't use any 4 row blackberry keyboard before .. again, habits. But honestly, from a totally objective point of view, the four row keyboard is far more efficient. You'll grow to love it.
    4. Agree. Miss the media buttons
    5. Agree. What I do is swipe up on the android square button to simulate the swipe.
    6. Agree. But be thankful you still have the hub, because Android notifications sucks waaay worse.
    7. Don't get random calls myself, but yes, I feel like Google is watching my moves. Convenient sometimes, scary others.
    8. You can change the settings for photos. I don't cloud any of my photos and they all go to the SD card.
    9. Google maps has MILES more usability than BBmaps don't even joke. There is nothing better than Google maps. Try using BBmaps in any non-north American country or try finding places of interest on that POS. But yes, I will agree that Google GPS for directions isn't as good or fluid as BB10.

I agree that BB10 is more user friendly and logical.

I personally don't care what my phone looks like. I feel like a lot of people that like the Passport like it so they can stand out, I'll never understand that. I care more about feel, and personally prefer shorter phones like the Passport, but it is too wide. Personally, I care more how gosh darn long it is and how hard it is to reach crap. To each their own though, some prefer form over function!

But honestly, if you want a PKB, you have little choice. The truth is you really CAN'T return it. BB10 is losing functionality every day. We're just gonna have to suck it up and deal with an inadequate form factor and bleh OS.
    11-08-17 06:03 AM
    I agree with everything the OP says. I also miss having the trackball from the Classic.

Points in favour of the Keyone are ease of one handed typing (compared to the Passport) and I love the being able to map one of the shift keys to be control.

Also the Keyone has faster auto focus than the Passport but it lacks the Passport's optical image stabilisation.

The one should really have clicky buttons for back, home and recent apps.
    11-08-17 05:31 PM

Id return this over priced pile if I could
    Hey OP, we'll probably never see you again.... You forgot the removable battery and the hourglass. Without those how do you know when to do the infamous battery pull ?? Said no one ever again........
    11-09-17 06:06 AM
    I had a lot of these type complaints when I first switched to the Priv... it's really just acclimating to a new OS. Yes, I still think BB OS10 is much better, but unfortunately reality is that it is going away and we are all going to have to switch to something else - so might as well get used to it.

I actually use the power button many times a day to quickly lock my screen (before putting it in my pocket, etc) so I get the irritation, but it's still just getting used to the new device.
    Funny, I'm left handed and the location of the power button couldn't be placed more perfectly. I use it for locking before I put it away in the pocket.

I do remember initially, it did seem odd, but I came from a Q10, where the power was on the top. Took a bit to figure how to hold it (with the difference in size from the Q10).

In my left hand, with my thumb on the power button, pinky finger as a catch on the bottom of the phone between the sym and right-shift, my index finger fits right on the volume rockers and middle finger on the convince key. Very easy to hit the power to lock and place in the pocket.

Android does lack the polish that BBOS10 had - it is unfortunate that BlackBerry has all but abandoned it. I feel like android is still in beta and it is series of kludges to make things work. I also dislike the tight integration with Google - it just doesn't feel as secure as BBOS10 did (but that assessment is pretty subjective I will admit).
    FF22 likes this.
    11-11-17 11:35 PM

Most of your complaints seem to be with Android, not the KEYone.
    11-12-17 01:12 AM
    golly gosh you really are peeved.
    No matter how a phone is designed/made/built you'll never please everyone.
    11-12-17 07:23 AM
    I have perhaps the best KEYone complaint ever. No one can spell it right, despite having a fancy keyboard.

- keyONE
    - keyone
    - KeyOne
    - KEYᵒⁿᵉ

etc etc etc etc.

It's KEYone!
    Emanuel_Bardanis and TCM01 like this.
    11-12-17 08:19 AM
    Missing the swipe to open the Hub? Buy a Priv. The Priv has the swipe up feature. Works great!

Or step up your launcher game.

11-12-17 08:22 AM
    All kidding aside, I do think BlackBerry Mobile ought to give some consideration to having BlackBerry develop a 'skin' for Android that more closely emulates BB10...particularly mimicking the gestures and swipes. I realize this can largely be achieved through personalization / apps, but the mere existence of such apps on Playstore isn't exactly rolling out the red carpet to the BB10 faithful. It would not be that difficult to do, and the pay-off for BBMo could be quite substantial if it helped move a significant number of remaining BB10 users over to a new Android BlackBerry. And heck, throw in a decent BlackBerry file manager while you're at it. Lol.
    11-12-17 08:23 AM
118 123 ...