It doesn't completely coincide, no. You know that as well as I do. Therefore, there IS room for improvement. Clearly.
    What may be "improvement" for some, is a downgrade for others.

The suite is being designed to appeal to "most" people, not just some.
    11-13-17 08:27 PM
    Again, I think that is a very callous approach and works against what BBMo is trying to accomplish. They are definitely trying to appeal to traditional BlackBerry customers. A significant portion of which, adopters included, are not happy with BlackBerry Android in its current form. Put two and two together, and most reasonable people will realize some additional investment is needed to make their product appeal across a broader spectrum of their own target market, not some imaginary demographic of agnostic Android users awaiting enlightenment.
    That's pretty much why they're going to fail.

The 0.001 % of users who want to pay them their overpriced MRSP are obviously going to be in justification mode, and that's fine.

But if BB10 couldn't satisfy BBOS hold outs, and android can't satisfy BB10 hold outs, what's left.

User base goes like this

Bbos > BB10 > bb android

You're naive if you think otherwise.

They're not going to get consumers.

But they went android for the consumers...

But they say their target is a niche market in business...

Which one is it ?

Too many contradictory arguments by supporters.

I'd just wait for a good price for the phones but they're not worth the msrp at all anymore.
    11-13-17 08:38 PM
    That might be a super-power! We just need a way to harness it somehow.
    Reason for physical keyboard power lol
    11-13-17 08:48 PM
    If anyone can make Android truly viable for business its Blackberry. Eventually all these large corporate companies and banks will have to upgrade the phones they provide to there employees as most are still dragging out the use of BB10. The Current BB10 devices that need to replaced over time is only going to get more and more difficult to source. Eventually they will have to make the jump to Android or Apple. BB10 devices are already long in the tooth. I can't see these large enterprise customers dragging out the use of these devices for much longer. I just hope TCL and Blackberry do enough to secure these costumers going forward.
    11-13-17 08:55 PM
    If anyone can make Android truly viable for business its Blackberry. Eventually all these large corporate companies and banks will have to upgrade the phones they provide to there employees as most are still dragging out the use of BB10. The Current BB10 devices that need to replaced over time is only going to get more and more difficult to source. Eventually they will have to make the jump to Android or Apple. BB10 devices are already long in the tooth. I can't see these large enterprise customers dragging out the use of these devices for much longer. I just hope TCL and Blackberry do enough to secure these costumers going forward.
    Id addition to my previous post... They could always make a KEYone BB10 edition for enterprise. Highly unlikely but would be pretty amazing.
    11-13-17 08:59 PM
    But there is nothing saying that BBMobile can't put some of that "polish and refinement" into their "BB android OS".
    BlackBerry still handles the OS not BlackBerry Mobile.
    11-13-17 09:02 PM
    I used to receive phone calls from numbers similar to mine, got into a pissing match once with some wannabe tough guy. I had Blockit but realized I could use parental controls to only receive calls/texts from my contact list. I'm not sure if Android has this option built in. I guess if I had a major need for apps I would go Android but luckily for me I don't.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-17 09:18 PM
    https://arstechnica.com/science/2015...-new-products/

I'm just going to leave this here and suspect that fanatic bb10 users and win mobile users definitely fit this profile. I have to imagine if the market for a more heavily skinned blackberry android existed, it probably already would have been made.
    11-13-17 09:54 PM
    Where is all this quality data you have compiled that you are convinced is superior to that of BlackBerry's?
    I'll let you know I have compiled all my data from a single data point, and it's very good quality.
    11-13-17 10:10 PM
    Again, I think that is a very callous approach and works against what BBMo is trying to accomplish. They are definitely trying to appeal to traditional BlackBerry customers. A significant portion of which, adopters included, are not happy with BlackBerry Android in its current form. Put two and two together, and most reasonable people will realize some additional investment is needed to make their product appeal across a broader spectrum of their own target market, not some imaginary demographic of agnostic Android users awaiting enlightenment.
    Traditional BB customers for the most part, have already left. They left to Android or IOS before or during BB10. They left by the millions between 2007 and 2014. Another wave left between 2014 and 2016 when BB moved to Android. The first wave left because they wanted an ecosystem and didn't want BB10. The second wave left because they outgrew BB10. Conservatively, think of those numbers combined equaling 80 million.

BB and BBMo have the path of less resistance (and more opportunity) with the 78 million former customers using Android/IOS than with 2 million existing BBOS/BB10 customers. Your target BB customers are former, not current, users and BB needs to appeal to what Android offers that caused those customers to leave BB already.
    11-13-17 10:22 PM
    BlackBerry already did, you didn't catch their message?

It's not about the hardware but the software. And when it comes to business it's about the security management, hardware doesn't matter. It hasn't mattered for a while now hence their losing money.

For the few and small number of customers that need so much security that BlackBerry needs to control it down to the hardware, they make no difference just like how they made no difference to the success of bb10.

Even then, BlackBerry used to say they're working on making android just as secure as bb10 and that would come with nougat. Haven't heard them talk about it since so I'd imagine they can't do it. Or they can but it doesn't matter.
    11-14-17 01:46 AM
    I have perhaps the best KEYone complaint ever. No one can spell it right, despite having a fancy keyboard.

- keyONE
    - keyone
    - KeyOne
    - KEYᵒⁿᵉ

etc etc etc etc.

It's KEYone!
    And all this time I thought it was KiWhan
    FF22 likes this.
    11-14-17 09:36 PM
    You can also use the "All in One Gestures" app (and not have to give up the BlackBerry Launcher and all of its pkb shortcuts) and set up the HUB to launch with a swipe from the bottom left of the screen.
    I had a go at installing this, but apparently doing so affects data encryption. Huh??? Why would such an app require data encryption switched off???

Posted via the CrackBerry App for um, Android
    11-14-17 11:33 PM
    I had a go at installing this, but apparently doing so affects data encryption. Huh??? Why would such an app require data encryption switched off???

It doesn't do any such thing.

Nor can you turn off device encryption if you wanted to.
    11-14-17 11:34 PM
    It doesn't do any such thing.

Nor can you turn off device encryption if you wanted to.
    Then why does it prompt "turning on All in One Gestures affects data encryption, you need to confirm your pin"?

11-14-17 11:45 PM
    Then why does it prompt "turning on All in One Gestures affects data encryption, you need to confirm your pin"?

That's a default message when granting accessibility services.

You can disable and re-enable "require PIN at boot" if you're worried, but I've confirmed it isn't affected.
    11-15-17 06:01 AM
    I loved my Q10 and the Classic... hated the passport keyboard... keyone is a bit smaller than Q10
    classic has the biggest obviously...

but since this is a whiney thread.... better call a few Waaaahhhhhmbulances
    11-15-17 06:18 AM
    And all this time I thought it was KiWhan
    Yes, but spelled KiJuan........
    Carjackd likes this.
    11-15-17 07:03 AM
    Yes, but spelled KiJuan........
    English really is a hard language
    FF22 likes this.
    11-15-17 09:10 AM
    English really is a hard language
    Que dice?
    Carjackd likes this.
    11-15-17 09:38 AM
    That's a default message when granting accessibility services.

You can disable and re-enable "require PIN at boot" if you're worried, but I've confirmed it isn't affected.
    Thanks for the info.

11-15-17 10:18 AM
    Que dice?
    You mean Che? Lol.
    11-15-17 09:23 PM
    GeDamn!
    Just read all these "wonderful" GeBitchin' comments about the KEYjuan...whatever...
    As I post this from my PASSPORT which I LUV.

I thought the idea of the KEYone was to take all the virtues & goodness of BB10 and package it for use with ANDROID

Apparently not. Bummer.

And now they come out with the MOTION?
    Here I thought that was to be the KEYone but without the Touch Keyboard.

Apparently not.

I know the Passport will ultimately face the dinosaur boneyard, if only because it will not access day to day needs, such as communicating with My BANK or the security system in my home.

So - all you former Passporters - should I go to the KEYone? If not, then what?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-17 11:27 PM
    GeDamn!
    Just read all these "wonderful" GeBitchin' comments about the KEYjuan...whatever...
    As I post this from my PASSPORT which I LUV.

I thought the idea of the KEYone was to take all the virtues & goodness of BB10 and package it for use with ANDROID

Apparently not. Bummer.

And now they come out with the MOTION?
    Here I thought that was to be the KEYone but without the Touch Keyboard.

Apparently not.

I know the Passport will ultimately face the dinosaur boneyard, if only because it will not access day to day needs, such as communicating with My BANK or the security system in my home.

So - all you former Passporters - should I go to the KEYone? If not, then what?

Posted via CB10
    At this point get the KEYone. It's time....
    11-16-17 11:31 PM
    The sim card tray is terrible quality. I returned my BlackBerry Black Edition since the sim card tray rattled and it didn't fit nice and flush. Hopefully, they'll fix that on the new KEYtwo if it ever comes.
    11-17-17 01:04 PM
118 ... 2345