Has anyone used an infrared camera to capture the differences in regular and fast charging temperatures and heat transfer rates of the KeyOne? It would be interesting to see whether the screen failure is actually because of a lack of glue and/or adhesive softening or be caused by thermal expansion/contraction rates of glass and the other materials used. I have not purchased the KeyOne because of this failure and believe another CrackBerry user that has posted his repair using double sided tape is what the manufacturer should have used to begin with.....
    Last edited by Max Owens; 10-08-17 at 03:25 PM. Reason: wording
    10-08-17 12:57 PM
    Has anyone used an infrared camera to capture the differences in regular and fast charging temperatures and heat transfer rates of the KeyOne? It would be interesting to see if the screen failure is actually because of a lack of glue and/or adhesive softening or be caused by thermal expansion/contraction rates of glass and the other materials used. I have not purchased the KeyOne because of this failure and believe another CrackBerry user that has posted his repair using double sided tape is what the manufacturer should have used to begin with.....
    If it was charging damaging the adhesive then it shouldn't happen right out of the box:

Comparing older and newer production runs also shows the presence of adhesive on newer phones:

Max Owens likes this.
    10-08-17 03:24 PM