You're dreaming if you think this thoroughly incompetent company will be able to launch TWO devices in the last half of the year.
    Speed bumping the Dtek50 and Dtek70 with a Snapdragon 630 wouldn't be al that hard at all. TCL made those. (and more than a couple of other phones last year. All alcatel phones ) . The 630 is pin and software compatible with the 625 in the KeyOne. There wouldn't be that much of an OS modification update to do (could take the same camera sensor from KeyOne and mate with better ISP processing for better pictures, but no major changes required), and the physical phone framework is largely already done. All they'd need to do is work out a new main logic board that would be a derivative of the KeyOnes. Come up with some new names and release. ( big and small could even be like the Pixel and PixelXL .... just screen and battery differences. )

There is nothing super human there. If the screens and other major components are aligned with another Alcatel phone and/or reuse much of the KeyOne internals it would be straight forward. If can use the similar production lines and most of the subcontractors like they did for idol <-> Dtek the ramp and ship is mostly going to be done anyway.

I think the implicit premise is that they are going to come up with two more keyboard devices. (e.g., try to top the Priv ... or run off chasing the Qualcomm 835 and super premium phones ). Sure would be a problem because different from the other devices that TCL has done and/or will be rolling out later this year. But BlackBerryMobile doesn't have to do that at all.

BlackberryMobile needs to keep things simple so Blackberry Inc can keep up with the OS and security updates. Forking off into 2-3 different chip system solutions would be a mistake. Track the software to more mature foundations and leverage the hardware foundation they already have ( the bodies they have already delivered. )
    Nathan Conley and BigBadWulf like this.
    05-31-17 11:32 PM
    They have plans for two more devices in 2017.
    I have to say that the way the first "launch" introduction has gone does not necessarily bode well for units 2 and 3. But maybe this shakedown cruise will help. Or maybe they can hope for a miracle and the South China Sea will part and they will walk the units across a dry sea bed.
    06-01-17 12:18 AM
    Best sellers unlocked phones.
    KEYone GSM number 1, KEYone CDMA number 2, so there had to be some available before being sold out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestseller...UvbUpU12899723
    Amazon appears to be counting orders, not phones being prepared to ship. The CDMA was #9 earlier in the day, rose to #2 , and has currently dropped to #3 . #3 is still very respectable because higher than another relatively new phone the Moto G 5 Plus.

So doesn't prove some CDMA were sold. But also doesn't disprove it either. Several of the other posts about "well I didn't get one so there must of been none available at all " are more deeply lacking in evidence. It could have been stocked with just 2-8 which probably would have almost instantly evaporated under the initial demand wave.

it is a bit hard to believe that none have been manufactured at all. There had to be a few for carrier testing purposes. Sprint and/or Verizon isn't going to certify passing on pure vapor ( or just laboratory samples). There is are likely also at least a couple of Enterprise customers doing evaluation testing.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-01-17 12:22 AM
    Impossible, 2017 would need like 28 months in it to allow them time to do so.
    06-01-17 06:08 AM
    I have plans to buy a private plane this year. Ain't going to happen though.
    06-01-17 06:51 AM
    I'm not sure how you've been mistreated.

They made as many devices as they could for May 31st, and sold out various channels. There is no ill intent. I'm sure they too would have loved to have had more available to sell.

They probably made a batch of devices available to everyone at launch, and will reallocate their reserve inventory to those channels that are the most successful.
    All speculation.
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    06-01-17 06:52 AM
    We will probably see the Moto Z keyboard mod, made by a no-name Chinese startup, before we see the CDMA KeyOne.
    funny you should say that, with the announcement of the Moto Z2 today, I started to google and look for the keyboard mod
    06-01-17 09:02 AM
    I have plans to buy a private plane this year. Ain't going to happen though.
    And I'm searching for the Fountain of Youth - I stand a better chance of success!!!
    phuoc and OrlandoAlex like this.
    06-01-17 10:01 AM
    All speculation.
    So you believe they're sitting on a ton of stock, and just "Muahahahahaha!" that their customers are in full breakdown?

Come on y'all! It's understandable to be frustrated, even upset, but let's keep it real.
    Mike-Mike likes this.
    06-01-17 10:06 PM
    LOL - you think a second device is coming? Get real. The first device STILL isn't fully launched after 6 months. They will announce the next device on December 31st at 11:59 PM for release sometime in the fall of 2018.
    I heard it's December 32 at 23:61 for winter of 2017 release.
    06-01-17 10:08 PM
    All speculation.
    Not really. That's how selling stuff works. Do you have an alternative theory?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-02-17 07:02 AM
    I'm on Verizon USA so need to order Keyone with CDMA but I work also in Italy. Will Keyone work there too ( My Priv does)?

or maybe it works if I can reach a Vodaphone network only (?).

Tks for guidance.
    06-02-17 08:51 AM
    I'm on Verizon USA so need to order Keyone with CDMA but I work also in Italy. Will Keyone work there too ( My Priv does)?

or maybe it works if I can reach a Vodaphone network only (?).

Tks for guidance.
    06-02-17 08:56 AM
    I'm moving on, again. BB almost had me coming back. But not now. Still a sad excuse for a company. Kevin, they haven't changed. You wasted your time, but enjoy the paycheck anyways.
    06-02-17 10:34 AM
    I'm moving on, again. BB almost had me coming back. But not now. Still a sad excuse for a company. Kevin, they haven't changed. You wasted your time, but enjoy the paycheck anyways.
    Who's "they"?

This device is not by BlackBerry.
    06-02-17 11:10 AM
    Who's "they"?

This device is not by BlackBerry.
    Consunesrs just care about the Brand, not the actual business. And really, it's not their fault. That's what companies WANT them to do.

It's pretty clear that there are some people here who are interested in a dispassionate discussion of BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile's busineses, and others who are only interested in BlackBerry branded phones, and their specs, designs, release dates, etc. That's why there are so many posts talking past each other.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    FF22 and BigBadWulf like this.
    06-02-17 11:25 AM
    I ordered CDMA via BestBuy on June 13 and it arrived June 16... cancelled Amazon order.

Went to VZW store to get new SIM and it didn't work in their tablet software, but I did walk out with one. Only complaint was I planned to install it later when I had more time, but they activated it in their system, so I had to set up the KEYone right after that since they disabled my old phone in so doing. Ha!
    06-17-17 04:32 PM
    Note that the Verizon-compatible model, since it has Band 12, may also work on AT&T completely since Band 17 is simply the top two slices on Band 12 -- and 12 is in there.

What is definitely missing are some of the bands used overseas; if you travel to Japan (for instance) you may well be Sad Panda with the Verizon-capable model. But for US peeps who don't travel internationally there may be very good reason to buy the Verizon-capable model since it MAY be fully compatible across the "big three."

I'd be very interested in someone who gets ahold of the Verizon compatible unit checking both T-Mobile and AT&T compatibility -- specifically, to see if things like VoLTE and WiFi calling work.
    06-17-17 05:00 PM
    I bet you end up buying another at some point. I got my CDMA from Best Buy on Thursday. You will love the KEYone so much that you won't need to get another device for quite some time.
    06-17-17 05:23 PM
44 12