Just confirmed the same thing that a lot of us have worried about the Verizon variants of the KEYone. The rep told me that she was hoping to get them in by Independence Day, but was worried that might not happen.

Hope everyone with the GSM versions are enjoying theirs. As for me, this was the last straw of a 6 month long debacle. BlackBerry has proved to be a product we love, but a company that couldn't care less about its fan base. I have loved the boards ever since the days of the Curve, and if there is anything that is a nice parting gift it is that CrackBerry Kevin got a chunk of change which he deserved for the years he has kept it running. In the same sense it is also a bit odd that TCL buys out the site to keep us at bay while not showing any respect at all for its very users. But I digress.

I am keeping my KEYone orders in, but will sadly, and also gladly never buy another BlackBerry again.

Goodbye CrackBerry, you guys are a great group of people that I have enjoyed hanging out with over the years.
    05-31-17 01:30 PM
    Just confirmed the same thing that a lot of us have worried about the Verizon variants of the KEYone. The rep told me that she was hoping to get them in by Independence Day, but was worried that might not happen.

Hope everyone with the GSM versions are enjoying theirs. As for me, this was the last straw of a 6 month long debacle. BlackBerry has proved to be a product we love, but a company that couldn't care less about its fan base. I have loved the boards ever since the days of the Curve, and if there is anything that is a nice parting gift it is that CrackBerry Kevin got a chunk of change which he deserved for the years he has kept it running. In the same sense it is also a bit odd that TCL buys out the site to keep us at bay while not showing any respect at all for its very users. But I digress.

I am keeping my KEYone orders in, but will sadly, and also gladly never buy another BlackBerry again.

Goodbye CrackBerry, you guys are a great group of people that I have enjoyed hanging out with over the years.
    I totally understand you. BlackBerry empty promises just killed themselves.
    OrlandoAlex, jaydee5799 and phuoc like this.
    05-31-17 01:31 PM

Can't blame you at all, I'm actually glad people are walking away. Only way to ensure change is to punish them with the wallet, although even then they may not listen.

Was this an Amazon rep you spoke with?
    phuoc and OrlandoAlex like this.
    05-31-17 01:33 PM
    Punish BlackBerry Mobile (a division of TCL) if you must, but all that might do is pull the plug on a second device.

The KEYone is their first and only device, and their first and only launch.
    05-31-17 01:47 PM
    Punish BlackBerry Mobile / TCL if you must, but all that might do is pull the plug on a second device.
    LOL - you think a second device is coming? Get real. The first device STILL isn't fully launched after 6 months. They will announce the next device on December 31st at 11:59 PM for release sometime in the fall of 2018.
    05-31-17 01:49 PM
    LOL - you think a second device is coming? Get real. The first device STILL isn't fully launched after 6 months. They will announce the next device on December 31st at 11:59 PM for release sometime in the fall of 2018.
    They have plans for two more devices in 2017.
    05-31-17 01:50 PM
    I'll be honest man, if us getting a second device means being treated the way we were for the first, then I am not interested.

What I am taking away in leaving BlackBerry is how great the people like CrackBerry are. The devices were great, but the people that supported them (not TCL) were better.
    phuoc and gigatigga like this.
    05-31-17 01:53 PM
    I'll be honest man, if us getting a second device means being treated the way we were for the first, then I am not interested.
    I'm not sure how you've been mistreated.

They made as many devices as they could for May 31st, and sold out various channels. There is no ill intent. I'm sure they too would have loved to have had more available to sell.

They probably made a batch of devices available to everyone at launch, and will reallocate their reserve inventory to those channels that are the most successful.
    05-31-17 01:59 PM
    Yeah, and they also had plans for an April wide release and then a May 31st wide release. Neither happened.

You're dreaming if you think this thoroughly incompetent company will be able to launch TWO devices in the last half of the year.
    05-31-17 02:02 PM
    Punish BlackBerry Mobile (a division of TCL) if you must, but all that might do is pull the plug on a second device.

The KEYone is their first and only device, and their first and only launch.
    TCL doesn't deserve a second chance after this debacle. Just as I predicted it will likely be Fall before the Verizon version is available.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 02:02 PM
    TCL doesn't deserve a second chance after this debacle. Just as I predicted it will likely be Fall before the Verizon version is available.

Posted via CB10
    So you would prefer none to some. OK.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-31-17 02:03 PM
    So you would prefer none to some. OK.
    We will probably see the Moto Z keyboard mod, made by a no-name Chinese startup, before we see the CDMA KeyOne.
    Mike-Mike, phuoc and OrlandoAlex like this.
    05-31-17 02:05 PM

They made as many devices as they could for May 31st, and sold out various channels. There is no ill intent. I'm sure they too would have loved to have had more available to sell.

They probably made a batch of devices available to everyone at launch, and will reallocate their reserve inventory to those channels that are the most successful.
    This..
    05-31-17 02:07 PM
    Some of you guys are so dramatic. Or maybe I've just grown used to this kind of thing after many years of buying Nexus and OnePlus phones. Heck, I even attempted to buy a Google Pixel as did many of the people I know, none were successful.

All of the phones I'm interested in are niche devices that have crappy launches. If you want smooth and easy, stick with Apple, Samsung or LG.
    05-31-17 02:21 PM
    Some of you guys are so dramatic. Or maybe I've just grown used to this kind of thing after many years of buying Nexus and OnePlus phones. Heck, I even attempted to buy a Google Pixel as did many of the people I know, none were successful.

All of the phones I'm interested in are niche devices that have crappy launches. If you want smooth and easy, stick with Apple, Samsung or LG.
    ^^^^This 100%!!

If you know you're going to sell 20M phones, it's easy to flood the channels for launch. Otherwise the inventory risk is huge.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-31-17 02:29 PM
    CDMA Verizon version at Amazon. Both versions out of stock at this time though.

https://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Ke...UvbUpU12898485

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 02:31 PM

Haha! Hard to believe people are still defending BlackBerry and TCL after this debacle.

Posted via CB10
    OrlandoAlex and phuoc like this.
    05-31-17 03:06 PM
    CDMA Verizon version at Amazon. Both versions out of stock at this time though.

https://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Ke...UvbUpU12898609
    The CDMA version never was available. They don't have any manufactured.

Posted via CB10
    phuoc, jaydee5799 and OrlandoAlex like this.
    05-31-17 03:08 PM
    Haha! Hard to believe people are still defending BlackBerry and TCL after this debacle.

Posted via CB10
    Well, it has nothing to do with BlackBerry, but I'll play along.

I was just commenting on the "mistreated" comment.

The one thing in all this that I DO know is that TCL wishes they had more product to meet demand too.

Stamp your feet if it makes you feel better.
    BigBadWulf and Arabianhorse like this.
    05-31-17 03:08 PM
    Best sellers unlocked phones.
    KEYone GSM number 1, KEYone CDMA number 2, so there had to be some available before being sold out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestseller...UvbUpU12898740

The CDMA version never was available. They don't have any manufactured.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-31-17 03:49 PM
    Rep from Verizon? Or TCL? Amazon?
    05-31-17 03:55 PM
    Rep from Verizon? Or TCL? Amazon?
    Not Verizon, that's for sure.
    05-31-17 03:57 PM
    Best sellers unlocked phones.
    KEYone GSM number 1, KEYone CDMA number 2, so there had to be some available before being sold out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestseller...UvbUpU12898761
    They sold the CDMA version without ever having it in stock. It will ship from Amazon in the next 1-2 months. Trust me. I placed an order for a CDMA with Amazon and then found out the real facts.

Posted via CB10
    bluesqueen23 and OrlandoAlex like this.
    05-31-17 03:57 PM
    They sold the CDMA version without ever having it in stock. It will ship from Amazon in the next 1-2 months. Trust me. I placed an order for a CDMA with Amazon and then found out the real facts.

Posted via CB10
    Likewise ������
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    05-31-17 03:59 PM
    Impossible, 2017 would need like 28 months in it to allow them time to do so.
    05-31-17 09:47 PM
44 12