I'm having a miserable time with the KeyONE Blackberry Calendar app and I hope someone here can help where BB support could not...

I've been a BB user forever. It's my only calendar. I don't bother to sync my calendar anywhere else because I always have my BB with me. My email account is hosted on a VPS (i.e. (semi) private server, not gmail) and I refuse to use Outlook.

From the beginning of time through BB10, I had no problem with my calendar. Create an event, add people to it, send out invites from within the app. Edit an event, send out changes to people from within the app. Delete an event, send out a cancellation notice from inside the app. All notices that were acknowledged are reflected in the app.

None of that works now.

When I got the KeyONE (unlocked and used on AT&T network) I used the BB import tool and imported my calendar from my Q10. It came across as "Blackberry Content Transfer" ("BCT"). After having key people miss a few meetings I invited them to, I realized the BCT calendar was not connected to my work email account. After rolling around in multiple menus, it turns out there is no way to add my work email address to the BCT calendar.

So I figured I'd create an account with my email address. Nope. Won't let me. Tells me it is a duplicate account.

So I delete my email account, try and create a calendar account under that email. Won't work because my email account is not associated with a server-side calendar.

Add my email account back to the Hub and try to add a calendar with the other options (CalDEV, etc). This, of course, won't work since I have no server-side calendar.

Call BB support. Roughly 75 minutes later, we give up after support informs me the long-standing Blackberry calendar ability to NOT require a server-side calendar is missing from the KeyONE's calendar app. They were completely surprised that this was even an issue, not even realizing this was a long-term feature from Blackberry OS going back to the beginning. Frankly, I find this hard to believe and suspect there is some way to link my email to the BCT calendar.

With that background, here are my questions:

1. Does anyone have a work-around so I can use my BB calendar app without a server-side calendar in place (I refuse to use Outlook and will not put my calendar on the Google platform)?
    2. Does anyone have a recommendation for an Android app that is self-contained and can access my Hub email account so there is no need for a server-side calendar (essentially mimic the functionality that used to be in the BB calendar)?

Happy to clarify anything and thanks in advance for any help.

David
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    09-11-17 12:16 PM
    I can highly recommend Pocket Informant. It uses the calendar on your phone (whether it is synced or not) and I find its 7-day split week view invaluable.
    09-11-17 01:02 PM
    You can use this with caldav enabled or disabled

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tools.calendar
    AlpineBV_Miller likes this.
    09-11-17 01:03 PM
    I don't have a solution for you, but I too also "transferred" my calender from BB10 to K1 using the transfer tool. It's a joke bc I still have missing birthdays and events. Plus my BB10 calendar wasn't tied to anything external. It was all manually entered info.
    09-11-17 01:06 PM
    Update: Turns out cPanel does have a calDEV calendar you can get turned on. So I did, figuring all my problems would be solved. Notsomuch.

I have done the following:

Deleted my Hub entry for the email for this account.
    Gone into the calendar app to create a CalDEV calendar for this account. This is successful.
    Enter a calendar item under the account. This is successful.
    Enter a calendar item with an invited attendee. This is successful until it goes to send the email to the invited person then I get the error that says, "This calendar account isn't associated with email and your attendees might not receive email invitations for this event. If an email account is associated with this calendar, please sync them together using the Blackberry Hub account type."
    So, I go into email settings and through the Hub, add back the email account.
    Enter the calendar item with the invite and edit it. When it goes to send the update to the attendee, I get the same error message.
    Delete the calendar account.
    Delete the mail account
    Go into calendar setup and add account, choosing a Hub+ account. This creates an email account, but not a calendar account.
    Attempt to add a calendar for the same account, but get a message I cannot do this since there is already a Hub account for this email address.

Such fun. Any ideas to solve this problem?
    09-12-17 10:09 AM
    You seem to have gotten much further than me with CalDAV. I can't get mine to sync at all without third party app help
    09-27-17 10:34 AM
    BlackBerry support was no help. They told me to open a Gmail account and closed the ticket.

Incredibly dissappointing for this long-time BlackBerry user.
    09-27-17 10:39 AM
    Yeah I originally set up CalDAV when my CPanel got the upgrade that added it. Worked fine on my Classic. I was hoping to finally move away from Google calendar. But Hub+ on android doesn't seem to work with it. Nothing I've tried would actually make it sync.

Tried some third party free ones but they were all glitchy. Open Sync for example would get the time wrong as often as not.
    09-27-17 11:08 AM
    Which app did you end up with?

Since the above problem is only part of the Blackberry Calendar app's issues (it won't handle recurring appointments correctly at all), I've been looking around for a good app. I've looked at Simple Calendar, but have not added it.
    09-27-17 11:35 AM
    What I did was with my isp I use at home for my tv/internet ...Shaw in Vancouver.

With my computer I would login to their webmail (webmail.shaw.ca) and go directly to their calendar.

that's where I add/delete/forward instances and/or entire series and forward to others via their email addresses which then gets added to what ever calendar they use.

So in addition to having my ISP's single email account (can have more if I wanted) in my hub, their calendar is also synced as well and use that as my default calendar so that Google calendar doesn't even show since I prefer not to use Google calendar which basically is the same thing but more private since it's my own ISP vs. the massive big brother Google.

Not sure if that'll help in your case...but try using your ISP (Shaw, Telus - Canada) (Verizon, AT&T, Comcast etc... - US) and use their webmail/calendar portal.

This way...no third party apps were ever used...just plain syncing my email and/or calendar directly to my KEYᵒⁿᵉ's Hub.
    09-27-17 11:57 AM
    Currently not using anything, just relying on Google. Planning to get in touch with the Open Sync dev to see if I can get some help with it. If I can make it work I might switch over to Simple Calendar since I like the UI. Simple Calendar does NOT do CalDAV on its own.
    09-27-17 12:14 PM
    I sync all of it with Google and that's that ...it works perfectly
    09-27-17 12:54 PM
    1. Does anyone have a work-around so I can use my BB calendar app without a server-side calendar in place (I refuse to use Outlook and will not put my calendar on the Google platform)?
    KEYone calendar misery-1wn14f.jpg

So much hassle just to stay back in the 20th century. You're an IT guy?

Cloud-based calendars have so many advantages I just can't understand this mindset.
    thurask likes this.
    09-27-17 02:22 PM
    Psst. Keep reading, Troy.
    09-27-17 02:24 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1wn14f.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	162.5 KB 
ID:	430159

So much hassle just to stay back in the 20th century. You're an IT guy?

Cloud-based calendars have so many advantages I just can't understand this mindset.
    LOL. Yeah maybe pay more attention...

Anyway I spent a lot of time yesterday fiddling and ended up deciding it was a combination of things:
    Simple Calendar just doesn't work right, and timezone confusion issues between Thunderbird, BlackBerry Calendar, and Horde (webmail/calendar client).

Open Sync doesn't seem to have been the source of the issue. Might be worth a shot for you. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hulla.opensync
    torben3d likes this.
    09-29-17 07:07 AM