My carrier is TMO USA...

I keep seeing KeyOne black additions on Amazon, but I'm afraid to pull the trigger not knowing if it will fully work on TMO and if it's a factory device so I don't need to get updates from AT&T.

I saw a comment that said I need, "BBB100-1 limited edition with bands 2, 4, 5 and 12."

How do I know limited edition and limited edition compared to what? Wouldn't a different device have a number other than "BBB100-1"? So is BBB100-1 a limited edition device???

I'm so confused but want to make sure I get the right device...
    01-31-18 12:23 AM
    Amazon is the worst for people just trying to buy a phone in their country since there are 3rd party retailers flooding the space with International versions. - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU13129218 <-- stick to that link. Or just buy it from Best Buy - https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=DaDtuOBE it's not as if Amazon is offering some killer deal on them.

If you insist on a Black version, that's a different story. But still, the Limited Edition Black builds don't apply to you, people just don't know how to list the things because assume all are 'Limited Edition Black'.. all you really need to look for is the BBB100-1. Problem is, Amazon tends to lump things all together so you're still taking a shot in the dark that what's listed is actually what the seller is sending you.

You're honestly better off just importing one from Canada via Blueshop, buying one on Ebay from never_msrp or finding a single resource than buying it on Amazon.
    01-31-18 01:10 PM
    Look for Black Edition BBB100-1 PRD-63116-039. It is the NA factory-unlocked variant and the one sold by retailers in Canada.
    01-31-18 03:03 PM
    Amazon is the worst for people just trying to buy a phone in their country since there are 3rd party retailers flooding the space with International versions. - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU13129380 <-- stick to that link. Or just buy it from Best Buy - https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=-SOeB1sR it's not as if Amazon is offering some killer deal on them.

If you insist on a Black version, that's a different story. But still, the Limited Edition Black builds don't apply to you, people just don't know how to list the things because assume all are 'Limited Edition Black'.. all you really need to look for is the BBB100-1. Problem is, Amazon tends to lump things all together so you're still taking a shot in the dark that what's listed is actually what the seller is sending you.

You're honestly better off just importing one from Canada via Blueshop, buying one on Ebay from never_msrp or finding a single resource than buying it on Amazon.
    Hey, Bla1ze, would you guys from CB know anything about launching date for the KEYone in Brazil?
    01-31-18 07:13 PM
    Hey, Bla1ze, would you guys from CB know anything about launching date for the KEYone in Brazil?
    If we did... you wouldn't need to ask. You could read about it on the blogs.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-31-18 07:14 PM
    If we did... you wouldn't need to ask. You could read about it on the blogs.
    Sorry to bother, I guess I'm just anxious..
    Last time I've heard, it was supposed to have happened by the end of last year
    01-31-18 07:17 PM
    Sorry to bother, I guess I'm just anxious..
    Last time I've heard, it was supposed to have happened by the end of last year
    No bother.. just nothing to share.
    01-31-18 07:19 PM
    Thanks Bla1ze, I'll stick to your advice and go with the link you provided. I don't need black, I prefer it because I like black, but I don't keep apps open and keep most of my stuff on the SD card.

My main thing is getting one fully functional and not AT&T branded. The priv I have is loaded with AT&T crap and I had to use the autoloader for updates since my carrier is TMO.

thanks...
    01-31-18 10:52 PM
    I looked under the suggested ebay seller and found this phone for about the same price as Best Buy, will this be fully supported on TMO?

It says it's a dual SIM, does it still have a SD Card slot?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...sAAOSwnaBaBHM6
    01-31-18 11:19 PM
    I looked under the suggested ebay seller and found this phone for about the same price as Best Buy, will this be fully supported on TMO?

It says it's a dual SIM, does it still have a SD Card slot?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...sAAOSwnaBaBHM6
    Dual-SIM variants are not meant for NA.
    portplayer likes this.
    02-01-18 06:02 AM
    Cool, glad I asked...
    02-02-18 12:56 AM
    Anyone know how to contact never-msrp? I wrote them through eBay a few days ago but no response. I have some questions about a phone they have listed.
    02-03-18 12:55 AM
    Anyone know how to contact never-msrp? I wrote them through eBay a few days ago but no response. I have some questions about a phone they have listed.
    Usually sellers on ebay don't respond if they don't have good answers to your questions or don't completely understand your questions. Bump your last contact attempt so at least they should acknowledge you.
    02-03-18 06:37 PM
    Usually sellers on ebay don't respond if they don't have good answers to your questions or don't completely understand your questions. Bump your last contact attempt so at least they should acknowledge you.
    I will look for how to do that...
    02-03-18 07:37 PM
    Cool, glad I asked...
    I will answer your question better.

- You have to choose between 2 SIMs or 1 SIM and one SD card as the way it works is one side of it is for either or. (SD Card or SIM2)

- I just got mine and was actually impressed as to how it was working and how easy it is to manage the SIMS. (You can specific which SIM is the data sim and how to manage calls and which one is the default choice for sending SMS) There are custom icon options for this as well to identify the SIM cards.

- You will get notified on certain things like texts on which "SIM" received the communication.

- I don't live in NA but if you read the forums there are multiple users who are enjoying this variation however be warned that not all carriers will function optimally so it's kind of like do your research before you buy. Currently I live in SE Asia and the -7 variant of the dual SIM type (Indian) with an October 2017 build date works flawlessly in operation. The only observation is it seems that SIM2 takes slightly longer to initialize then SIM1: though this could be a provider thing or whatever.

- In my country, a local grey market seller (Someone who imports and and sells but is not an official BB Merchant) got some of these units. In other countries it might be a pain to import them on your own and you also have to deal with what to do if the phone arrives damaged/DOA/defective. In my case I have a replacement warranty and a full service warranty which is probably not as good as the official BB one but better then what you might have to accomplish after waiting a while for your import to arrive.

Hope it helps
    02-03-18 08:43 PM
    Good to hear about the -7 variant, but I need to have a SD card for me music...
    02-04-18 01:21 PM
    Then don't use it two Sim cards at once?
    02-04-18 02:45 PM
    Well unless there is some reason you need more space you can store it on internal memory.

Remember on limited edition black it's 64gb not 32 like the regular K1 so this sort of offsets not having an SD and two sims.

This is unless you need the space.

For me the ability to have the two major carrier sims always active is great but most important is how when I travel for work can swap in a sim easily and still get calls on my primary number.
    portplayer likes this.
    02-04-18 09:03 PM
    For me the ability to have the two major carrier sims always active is great but most important is how when I travel for work can swap in a sim easily and still get calls on my primary number.
    Understood, I figured that's the two SIM advantage, work and play on the same device but I also like the advantage of keeping my data on the external SD in the event the phone dies. Then I don't loose all my stuff...

However, since Marshmallow, Android sure makes this tough...
    02-04-18 09:42 PM
    Look for Black Edition BBB100-1 PRD-63116-039. It is the NA factory-unlocked variant and the one sold by retailers in Canada.
    What about PRD-63116-044?

What limitations will it have with TMO USA? What is the difference between it and the PRD-63116-039?
    02-05-18 11:32 AM
    What about PRD-63116-044?

What limitations will it have with TMO USA? What is the difference between it and the PRD-63116-039?
    The 044 is from Hong Kong.

It's been ok for updates so far, but I would feel better with the NA unlocked version.

Same device though - so same bands.
    02-05-18 11:35 AM
    How difficult is it to co-install the second sim together with an SD card? I have seen earlier posts about someone peeling off the sim surface only to adhere it to the SD card and it supposedly works well...

Posted via CB10
    02-05-18 03:40 PM
    The 044 is from Hong Kong.

It's been ok for updates so far, but I would feel better with the NA unlocked version.

Same device though - so same bands.
    They're just hard to find...
    02-05-18 05:15 PM
    They're just hard to find...
    http://www.blueshop.ca/blackberry-ke...A264A27628.htm
    02-05-18 06:05 PM

Should have said hard to find affordably, but good point, these are brand new at least...
    02-05-18 09:42 PM
30 12