09-20-17 09:05 AM
103 ... 345
tools
    those bozos in carrier stores don't give a crap about this phone. if they ever bothered to test out all its unique features they may change their minds. don't let him get prevent you from buying one. the keyboard is buttery smooth and the keyboard shortcuts are awesome. basically vanilla android with some BlackBerry overlay. it's well worth it my friend.
    Why do people torture themselves by even walking into a carrier store. It's all about Apple and Samsung in the store. I can't remember the last time I walked into a carrier store. I get my info online and order accordingly. I can't tolerate the indifference in the stores.
    09-20-17 06:53 AM
    Be wary of salespeople who try to redirect you away from what you want.

When I was shopping for an engagement ring for my wife, the first 2 jewelry stores I tried, I told the salesperson exactly what I was looking for and what my budget was. Each time the salesperson took me to look at rings that were way above my budget and not at all what I was looking for.

I realized they were more interested in their own commissions than helping their customers find what they were looking for. So in each case I walked out.

The third store I tried, the salesperson listened to me and showed me exactly what I was looking for. They made sure I was aware of all the alternatives, but they didn't make me feel like my preferences and requirements were unpopular or undesirable. This store earned my business and my wife loved the ring.

More often than not, I find the reps in carrier stores to be like the salespeople in those first two jewelry stores, which is why I never go there to buy phones, only to try out floor models.

Posted from my  Classic
    09-20-17 08:37 AM
    Sprint is NOT the carrier most of the folks here in the US use, I was on Nextel in the early days and when it became Sprint/Nextel the service and support when downhill from there. I switched to T-Mobile and have never looked back.

Secondly, Blackberry is a niche and virtually non existent brand here in the USA and if you where to ask any young person if they heard of Blackberry, the answer would be NO. They have been weened on Android and IOS devices as with most of their friends. So to hear the K1 sales here are dismal doesn't surprise me in the least.

I am 61 and have been a Blackberry user since the early days and I have even been driven to use the iPhone because of my corporate clients are using certain apps that are only supported on IOS. I am still looking for a good deal and a used K1 with a newer build date to play around with and will probably get the new iPhone X when it becomes available on 10/27/17.

I don't see the Blackberry brand ever becoming a force here in the USA again and I only hope there are still enough of us folks out there who appreciate using a PKB device to sell enough units to keep the brand alive on the world stage. I have hated to watch the brand disappear here, but unfortunately thats reality in 2017.
    09-20-17 09:05 AM
103 ... 345