My rule of thumb is never give a crap about what the sales representative's opinion is in a carrier office.

I do my research, then I ask the device I want and that's it. It's not a discussion...

Last edited by G_Unit MVP; 08-21-17 at 11:56 PM. Reason: miss spelling
    08-21-17 11:06 PM
    My rule of thumb is never give a crap about what the sales representative's opinion in a carrier office.

I do my research, then I ask the device I want and that's it. It's not a discussion...

Me too. Unless they are giving me a phone, just dummy up and ring up my BlackBerry!
    G_Unit MVP likes this.
    08-21-17 11:53 PM
    people want a big display... Priv was already too small for yanks...
    08-22-17 12:01 AM
    people want a big display... Priv was already too small for yanks...
    Not for me, love mine.
    08-22-17 12:18 AM
    I loved the trek and used all versions! That was one great smartphone/PDA combined!!!
    08-22-17 12:23 AM
    Based on what I'm reading here, isn't carrier representatives always do that to any BlackBerry device? Bash it and add a Samsung device on the conversation.

Posted via CB10
    Keep in mind as well! Device manufacturers aslo offer sweet spiffy or incentives to selling their brands! That's why they keep on pushing iPhone and Samsung notes and s+!!!
    08-22-17 12:26 AM
    Forgot to add, that I find the keyboards on both the Priv and the K1 to be small.
    08-22-17 12:26 AM
    I loved the trek and used all versions! That was one great smartphone/PDA combined!!!
    I'm assuming you meant the Treo.
    But for humor's sake... Live long and prosper.
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone a bust in US? If so, I am sad.-img_20170822_132317.jpg  
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 08-22-17 at 05:56 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-22-17 01:24 AM
    It's a different story here. Phone shops are falling over themselves to push Blackberry. My nephew went in-store over the weekend to buy an S8 and came out with a simfree KEYone, a hand full of free accessories, insurance and a good discount. Sales said to 2 main questions that keep coming up that might account for slow sales is uncertainty about Blackberry's future and price of the handset's..
    08-22-17 04:16 AM
    It's a different story here. Phone shops are falling over themselves to push Blackberry. My nephew went in-store over the weekend to buy an S8 and came out with a simfree KEYone, a hand full of free accessories, insurance and a good discount. Sales said to 2 main questions that keep coming up that might account for slow sales is uncertainty about Blackberry's future and price of the handset's..
    Which phone shops?
    08-22-17 06:20 AM
    I don't understand. Android S8 users on Sprint seem to be happy and their S8 works fine. Why would K1's 4G LTE be limited if using droid platform like the S8?
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-gate-1118500/

you should check other post regarding the sprint... it appear LTE spectrum might be limited, if you get on VoLTE, you can not connect with data at same time... signal is also weak... Look like K1 is not using para-antenna, so you might have reception problem... You can try it out and see your area got well coverage or not, if not, just like the sales guy tell you, return the K1 as count for the number six of his customer - (I am suspect there might be network provision issue with K1, but I am not on CDMA and sprint... I would stay away from anyone who has limited spectrum and try to use low price to get big customer base... the combination of the two are trouble some... if not a big trouble). IMHO. Do your research and make your mind based on your requirement - for example, you never need both data/VoLTE at same time, so it would be a non-issue for you...
    08-22-17 07:13 AM
    Handful of free accessories plus a discount and was that insurance just thrown in? That sure sounds like that "shop" is trying to push the KEYone.... Haven't noticed that being the norm in most markets.
    08-22-17 08:17 AM
    Name the store or it didn't happen.
    08-22-17 11:28 AM
    And everyone started clapping, right?
    08-22-17 11:44 AM
    I'm an old guy and could give a hoot about what other people think. I wear my trendy 80's clothing with pride!

I probably will purchase and give it a go but my hope is I am not let down. My Bold is my favorite and if it were 4G compatible, I would keep it forever since it serves my needs nicely.
    Good for you!!

Wait, is that you all the way on the left??

KEYone a bust in US? If so, I am sad.-80s.jpg
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-22-17 01:04 PM
    Good for you!!

Years ago I think it was Kevin that posted a blog about some images of how each mobile platform user saw themselves and how users in each of those platform saw themselves.

Rarely to others see what we think we see....

My kids dragged me out of the 80's.... few years ago I finally gave up on white Nikes.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    08-22-17 02:34 PM
    Sprint sales reps are an immoral bunch. I cannot tell you how many times my dad was harassed by that lot just trying to buy something simple. He's in his 70s so they see him as easy prey. He finally dumped them this year when he needed a new phone. Didn't want to have to fight off the vultures just to make phone calls on the road.

So basically, ignore what those jerks tell you and try the phone for yourself.

By the by, how did you manage not to backhand the ***** who questioned what you wanted? If I asked for something specific and someone was stupid enough to question my judgment, I would have a hard time not being hostile.
    BlueOhSix likes this.
    08-22-17 04:54 PM
    No - my hope is it is a replacement for the Bold. Do I need S8 performance - no. I believe the rep had no skin in the game and could sell me either device so I think he was truthful.
    Having owned the Bold I can say that imo KEYone is a very nice device.

Just keep in mind that unlike the Bold, Google will data mine your KEYone, including emails.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    08-22-17 05:33 PM
    Good for you!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	80s.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	428964
    so you're all saying my blue jacket has to go but I can keep my haircut the same...
    08-22-17 11:27 PM
    Good for you!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	80s.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	428964
    No - I am in the middle showing off my butt and telling the girl that the guy to her left needs a Members Only jacket
    08-23-17 12:37 AM
    Having owned the Bold I can say that imo KEYone is a very nice device.

Just keep in mind that unlike the Bold, Google will data mine your KEYone, including emails.
    If my email is linked to my office Outlook, does data mining still occur? If so, are you saying the keyone is not as secure as my Bold?
    08-23-17 12:41 AM
    Which phone shops?
    www.carphonewarehouse.com

Chester (Broughton Is)
    THE CARPHONE WAREHOUSE
    BROUGHTON SHOPPING PARK
    BROUGHTON
    FLINTSHIRE
    CH4 0DP
    08-23-17 03:07 AM
    And everyone started clapping, right?
    Erm... no, not really. They did say thanks and enjoy your new phone though..
    08-23-17 03:14 AM
    Handful of free accessories plus a discount and was that insurance just thrown in? That sure sounds like that "shop" is trying to push the KEYone.... Haven't noticed that being the norm in most markets.
    Yes, accidental insurance. I've had some good deals through carphonewarehouse in the passed. Always worth calling in with a good credit limit or some cash and let them sell you a good deal. 9/10 you'll walk out with a good deal.
    08-23-17 03:26 AM
    so you're all saying my blue jacket has to go but I can keep my haircut the same...
    Yes !! Mullets forever!!!
    08-23-17 09:25 AM
103 12345