No - I am in the middle showing off my butt and telling the girl that the guy to her left needs a Members Only jacket
    And yet you seem to be the only one who is truly color coordinated....

Sometimes I really miss those days, other times I can't friggin believe how people dressed.
    08-23-17 08:26 AM
    If my email is linked to my office Outlook, does data mining still occur? If so, are you saying the keyone is not as secure as my Bold?
    Different strokes....

Keep in mind the KeyOne is an Android device, and if you want to make full use of the Google play store for the apps, well you need a Gmail address, and thereby opening the floodgates...

You may not need the Gmail for mail (mine is hooked to my O365 account) but the mining still goes on. If you really want to freak out, take a look at your location history on your Google account - they even have a "help" article on it:

https://support.google.com/accounts/.../3118687?hl=en
    08-23-17 08:30 AM
    No - my hope is it is a replacement for the Bold. Do I need S8 performance - no. I believe the rep had no skin in the game and could sell me either device so I think he was truthful.
    If you want a replacement for your 9900 you will be super stoked with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Having a BlackBerry run all the android apps you want is amazing, I still use the hub even though it is a bit of a battery suck but I've been loving mine. I came from the 9900 and most recently the PRIV and I can say the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is by far the best Android Powered BlackBerry out there. I haven't used the 9900 for quite some time so I can't compare the keyboards but I know I'm close to as fast as I was on my 9900.

The representatives at Wireless stores whether they are retail stores or corporate locations definitely have skin in the game when it comes to selling devices. Almost all these stores pay their reps commission and most of the time there are spiffs/bonuses tied to devices. I worked in Wireless and have not only made extra money depending on the type of device sold but have also won a 55" TV from LG for selling their devices...so yes they will tend to push you one way or another most of the time. From what I've heard recently Samsung does a big push in this arena of bonuses for device sales.
    08-23-17 08:45 AM
    If my email is linked to my office Outlook, does data mining still occur? If so, are you saying the keyone is not as secure as my Bold?
    Yes.

As for your second question, I can say that when first turning on my KEYone it took me over an hour to read everything that Google asks users to agree to, much of it regarding data mining. Some here on Crackberry have pointed out that they are comfortable giving Google this data in exchange for the services Google provides. Others here are not as comfortable with the arrangement. I suggest reading everything Google has to say to you when first booting the device.
    phuoc likes this.
    08-23-17 09:28 AM
    That is the case with every device in US that has no carrier support and sales push. US customers are not accustomed to buy unlocked devices online and some prefer to finance the device through carrier which is equal to 0% financing a Bentley for 25 years.

Same thing happened with Sony. No carrier deal no sales and their XZ Premium kills any Android flagship on the market right now if you want fast and functional phone. S8 has nothing on it except the screen if you are fan of two hand usage even for basic functions such as home, back, etc. And S8 experience starts something like this: very buttery smooth with lots of software features nnot avavailabe on stockk A..a..aand..ddroid ww..hichch.... yyyy.
    08-23-17 09:48 AM
    If you want a replacement for your 9900 you will be super stoked with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Having a BlackBerry run all the android apps you want is amazing, I still use the hub even though it is a bit of a battery suck but I've been loving mine. I came from the 9900 and most recently the PRIV and I can say the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is by far the best Android Powered BlackBerry out there. I haven't used the 9900 for quite some time so I can't compare the keyboards but I know I'm close to as fast as I was on my 9900.

The representatives at Wireless stores whether they are retail stores or corporate locations definitely have skin in the game when it comes to selling devices. Almost all these stores pay their reps commission and most of the time there are spiffs/bonuses tied to devices. I worked in Wireless and have not only made extra money depending on the type of device sold but have also won a 55" TV from LG for selling their devices...so yes they will tend to push you one way or another most of the time. From what I've heard recently Samsung does a big push in this arena of bonuses for device sales.
    This is pretty much all sales jobs so I don't understand why anyone is ever surprised.
    08-24-17 09:33 AM
    I never buy carrier phones anymore. The freedom of using an unlocked device, along with the absence of bloatware is liberating. Paypal will give you six months no interest and no payments. And sometimes, as with the HTC U11, will give you 18 months no interest.
    If you need a carrier device to get HD Calling and/or Wifi Calling, just buy the phone with paypal and wait 14 days and get an unlock code.
    08-24-17 09:48 AM
    I never buy carrier phones anymore. The freedom of using an unlocked device, along with the absence of bloatware is liberating. Paypal will give you six months no interest and no payments. And sometimes, as with the HTC U11, will give you 18 months no interest.
    If you need a carrier device to get HD Calling and/or Wifi Calling, just buy the phone with paypal and wait 14 days and get an unlock code.
    The problem now is carriers in the US are not selling the device other than Sprint. And I'm sure there is no legitimate reason to lock out features other than profit on the device sale.
    08-24-17 10:27 AM
    As I'm sure some one has mentioned before, the Keyone was never meant to compete with any device. It was intended to be a device that would continue on the tradition of the physical keyboard. So that means it was a device for the BlackBerry loyalists and for people who have used blackberry previously to convert back to it.

I'm sure they only expected it to make sales according to the niche market that it has. All I know is that I will be getting one. Hopefully black Friday will have an offer that I can't refuse. Otherwise I will wait til next year for my birthday in February.
    08-24-17 10:49 AM
    The problem now is carriers in the US are not selling the device other than Sprint. And I'm sure there is no legitimate reason to lock out features other than profit on the device sale.
    September first, AT&T will start selling the Keyone at $500. All black version but no RAM upgrade.
    08-24-17 10:58 AM
    September first, AT&T will start selling the Keyone at $500. All black version but no RAM upgrade.
    Yes, I finally saw the home page. I did not notice no change in memory though. Probably no dual sim either!
    08-24-17 11:32 AM
    You may be right.
    08-24-17 11:36 AM
    With all the bloat ATT can muster.
    08-24-17 11:58 AM
    With all the bloat ATT can muster.
    Yep!
    08-24-17 12:01 PM
    When in the UK at least two of the main suppliers which include Carphone Warehouse have sold out again or at least they were this morning and that's the online website the shops don't carry match because they're selling like hotcakes where they are available
    08-24-17 12:06 PM
    Buy a Samsung I guarantee you will need a charger at home and a charger at work and probably one somewhere else buy the Blackberry keyone and you are unlikely to need another charger other than as a personal convenience
    08-24-17 12:08 PM
    I would buy one, if it was available LOL - like a unicorn. Can't find one on VZW
    08-24-17 12:16 PM
    Waiting for Verizon as well :-(
    08-24-17 12:17 PM
    I just got the keyone and am trying to optimize it but nougat is proving difficult to fully navigate right now. Any tips on permissions and settings to optimize battery and ram and such?
    08-25-17 02:26 PM
    The salesperson is misleading. If he was not, in order for him to know the total number of devices sold during all shifts with more than one salesperson, she/he would have had a more than an ordinary interest in the number sold by everyone else including while he was on his/her off days. And if he went through the extra step of inventory count on all brands on hand, then there's a motive, which is most likely monetary. This lends credence to the Manufacturer's bonus point. All that said, did you buy one and tried it for a few days like those "5"? You might provide a different data point.
    08-27-17 01:02 PM
    those bozos in carrier stores don't give a crap about this phone. if they ever bothered to test out all its unique features they may change their minds. don't let him get prevent you from buying one. the keyboard is buttery smooth and the keyboard shortcuts are awesome. basically vanilla android with some BlackBerry overlay. it's well worth it my friend.
    08-27-17 08:43 PM
    I interviewed at a Sprint store last summer in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The back room where I was interviewed had a whiteboard with all the employees names and how close they were to meeting quotas for certain plans and devices. Skin is in the game for Sprint employees to get certain products and services sold more than others. Best sales people often seem the most genuine.
    08-27-17 08:58 PM
    those bozos in carrier stores don't give a crap about this phone. if they ever bothered to test out all its unique features they may change their minds. don't let him get prevent you from buying one. the keyboard is buttery smooth and the keyboard shortcuts are awesome. basically vanilla android with some BlackBerry overlay. it's well worth it my friend.
    OMG,,, bozos!!! I haven't heard that name in a while. Gotta put it in my rotation.
    phuoc likes this.
    08-28-17 01:02 AM
    BUT.....new better smart phones(ex. google pixel2..) is coming and coming .....and coming ...so you seriously do like to stick and wait for months of ur lifetime only for a old-spec-keyone....
    09-20-17 05:11 AM
    With all the changes to the keyone it must be selling very well. I also see a newer device next year with better specs and keyboard. I was not impressed after two defective ones but the Potential is there so hopefully BlackBerry reads these forums and learn from them. I currently rock the z2 force and the note 8 but would prefer a PKB.
    09-20-17 05:23 AM
103 ... 2345