I have a Bold 9900 and been a loyal BB user since Palm went out of business and I was unable to use my Treo anymore. I have been a BB holdout waiting for a QWERTY device and was overjoyed to hear about the KeyOne. Since my carrier is Sprint, I was on hold until they officially released the device a few weeks ago. Wanting to purchase the device immediately on launch, I forced myself to hold until I returned from vacation. First on my checklist upon my return, I visited my local Sprint corp owned store and when I told the rep I wanted a KeyOne, he asked why. He said the store sold 5 devices since launch (pitiful in my humble opinion) and ALL - yes ALL - devices were returned. I was told all devices were not broken but each of the five thought the KeyOne was nothing more than a watered down droid device and they failed to even come close to the S8.

Wow. Now I am hesitant to purchase one. Is the KeyOne a bust in the US?
    08-20-17 10:08 PM
    Based on what I'm reading here, isn't carrier representatives always do that to any BlackBerry device? Bash it and add a Samsung device on the conversation.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-17 10:17 PM
    Just 5 devices since launch. That's too bad. I thought the sales figures in US will be much better since there is carrier discount.
    08-20-17 10:18 PM
    Are you buying it expecting S8 performance? Do you really believe all 5 buyers expected it, and returned their KEYᵒⁿᵉ?
    anon(8679041) and elfabio80 like this.
    08-20-17 10:19 PM
    Sounds like your rep gets paid a lot more for selling a Samsung device. The salesperson's primary concern is his or her pay, not your long term satisfaction. Especially given your history, it would be crazy in my opinion for you not to get one. You'll be glad you did.

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure and utterly satisfying mobile device
    08-20-17 10:25 PM
    Are you buying it expecting S8 performance? Do you really believe all 5 buyers expected it, and returned their KEYᵒⁿᵉ?
    No - my hope is it is a replacement for the Bold. Do I need S8 performance - no. I believe the rep had no skin in the game and could sell me either device so I think he was truthful.
    08-20-17 10:27 PM
    Just 5 devices since launch. That's too bad. I thought the sales figures in US will be much better since there is carrier discount.
    5 devices sold at every Sprint store in every city in the US would be quite a few sales in such a short time. Especially for such a niche market device being sold by sales people who don't understand why you want one.
    08-20-17 10:31 PM
    No - my hope is it is a replacement for the Bold. Do I need S8 performance - no. I believe the rep had no skin in the game and could sell me either device so I think he was truthful.
    Coming from a 9900, there's no reason to be disappointed. I'm not finding the performance an issue, coming from a Moto Z Force. The salesman most likely gets a manufacturer bonus for selling Samsung, and not BlackBerry.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    08-20-17 10:32 PM
    5 devices sold at every Sprint store in every city in the US would be quite a few sales in such a short time. Especially for such a niche market device being sold by sales people who don't really understand why you want one.
    Clarification - I was told all 5 devices were returned
    08-20-17 10:34 PM
    Stores have lots of inventory that they get bonuses for moving. I hate to say that I think salespeople lie, but yes, I think salespeople are thinking about their bonus, and not what the customer wants.

Strange also that comment about KEYone being a watered down droid. It is on par with most other droid phones, so that smells like BS to me.

But hey, its your money. Believe that one random salesperson if you want. I love my KEYone. It works fine for me, and it not a watered down droid.
    modifier and anon(8679041) like this.
    08-20-17 10:49 PM
    My Sprint corporate store in Westminster, Ca. has sold 0, yes 0 keyones--so sad
    08-20-17 10:54 PM
    I have a Bold 9900 and been a loyal BB user since Palm went out of business and I was unable to use my Treo anymore. I have been a BB holdout waiting for a QWERTY device and was overjoyed to hear about the KeyOne. Since my carrier is Sprint, I was on hold until they officially released the device a few weeks ago. Wanting to purchase the device immediately on launch, I forced myself to hold until I returned from vacation. First on my checklist upon my return, I visited my local Sprint corp owned store and when I told the rep I wanted a KeyOne, he asked why. He said the store sold 5 devices since launch (pitiful in my humble opinion) and ALL - yes ALL - devices were returned. I was told all devices were not broken but each of the five thought the KeyOne was nothing more than a watered down droid device and they failed to even come close to the S8.

I do not believe it. Some people are just fan boys. The reason why I say that is because this is first time in long time BlackBerry has positive reviews in US media.
    Last edited by bitek; 08-21-17 at 05:49 AM.
    08-20-17 11:18 PM
    Buy the phone that you think will work for you based on your criteria. It isn't a popularity contest IMHO. I agree with posters above: take the word of salespeople with a grain of salt. Whenever I ask for a BlackBerry at the store I get "the look" too. So what.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    08-20-17 11:30 PM
    Don't know whether you have ever heard sales person say " we have only two left" when you ask them how many left in store.

I bought in Australia, so far I am satisfied with no issue (maybe some non-essential app notification issues) after one month use. I hope it could live up to my expectations.
    08-21-17 12:05 AM
    For the OP, you have to be your own judge. Are you buying a phone based on the popularity contest or based on what you want?
    TGR1, DolemiteDONS and Xeak like this.
    08-21-17 12:59 AM
    Why haven"t u upgraded to the BlackBerry classic? It's the best blackberry non android phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-17 01:28 AM
    Why haven"t u upgraded to the BlackBerry classic? It's the best blackberry non android phone.

Posted via CB10
    I almost bought a Classic as a backup to my K1 but whatsapp not working starting new years is the dealbreaker. Looking at Priv now
    08-21-17 02:18 AM

try a Priv, you will be very happy!
    08-21-17 03:16 AM
    I doubt TCL has sold 100,000 devices, but that doesn't necessarily make it a bust. It depends on how many they needed to sell to turn a profit to keep making devices.
    08-21-17 03:47 AM
    I doubt TCL has sold 100,000 devices, but that doesn't necessarily make it a bust. It depends on how many they needed to sell to turn a profit to keep making devices.
    I think sales can continue stabilizing as more and more people know that the screen issue is now a thing of the past, first and foremost BB10 users are gonna have to make that switch sooner or later
    FF22 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    08-21-17 03:58 AM
    I almost bought a Classic as a backup to my K1 but whatsapp not working starting new years is the dealbreaker. Looking at Priv now
    Do you really need watsapp??

Posted via CB10
    08-21-17 04:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    Question is, who needs BBM. Personally, I wouldn't mind using either and was surprised at the improvement of BBM when I just got my KEYone, it does EVERYTHING whatsapp does, except...like... almost no one uses it, I dont think we need to dispute that. Now as whatsapp is the go-to messaging app these days, it makes sense that it deters me from a BB10 device, as we are past mid 2017 and only 4 months left of support. Simple as that.
    skinnymike1 and pizzawheel like this.
    08-21-17 04:46 AM
    While the salesperson might seem truthful, that isn't proof that his information is accurate. "Only 5 sold and all 5 were returned" sounds too convenient. Unless he actually checked the inventory list, I don't buy what he said. Maybe about 5 have been sold and returned but I doubt it's exactly 5. The salesperson might be a Samsung fanboy or has a quota to fulfill. Besides, a dishonest salesperson who's good at the job would seem more truthful than a honest salesperson who's bad at the job. If it really was 5 that were sold and returned, then maybe those customers never used a BlackBerry before.

I'm on Sprint too and use the Q10. I would be using the KEYone now but I'm waiting to see if the KEYone black edition will make it over to the US market.

Posted via CB10
    bitek likes this.
    08-21-17 06:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    Pointless question. He said it was a "deal breaker."
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-21-17 06:59 AM
    The Keyone is awesome. Everyone needs to settle down and stop comparing their phone to every other phone on the market (as though there is a "perfect" or "best" one somewhere). Just be satisfied with having an awesome phone!
    08-21-17 07:03 AM
103 123 ...