Hi,

I have had my K1 for 3 days having moved from a DTEK60, so far (fingers crossed) I have had none of the issues outlined and hopefully I have a good unit. So ignoring those potential issues and looking at the device as a full working unit, I am genuinely shocked at how well built this phone is, its solid, looks awesome and the sizing of the device is perfect.

I am an old BB user going back to the bolds and curves, I personally thought that the best device I had was either the Classic or Passport, the classic keyboard was better I felt but the screen was a little to small for some content, the Passport screen was much better and I liked the unique design, but I think this device is a perfect mix of the two, but with a better overall build quality.

I was getting hacked off with the delayed security patches for the DTEK and almost bought a Pixel XL (CPW had £100 off that device at the time), but after some sensible advise from B1aze and chuckfindley I decided to wait... so pleased I did wait.

I looked around CPW when I picked up my phone (with £50 off the full retail price so £449) and the only difference between most of the phones was the bezel size and the badge, the K1 is the only really distinct phone on the market in my opinion... I would also say / disagree with some of the people stating that this is a mid-range device, I think this is flagship quality, and before anyone starts talking about the processor etc, I think we have to remember that everything about the phone was design for battery life optimisation and business use, so comparing it to other devices is difficult.

Really feel that the brand I love (yeah I know its not really BB as we all know it) has made a device worthy of a comeback and the hype, its such a shame the initial devices had so many issues.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-24-17 06:37 AM
    I agree. I have had none of the issues raised by others. unfortunately we have in these forums multiple threads on the same topics, slightly revised in the headings, contributed to by the same 'contributors'. I believe allowing this skews the conversation.

For my part, I'm into my second month with the device. Just received the AAM625 update while holidaying in Europe. I haven't had any issues at all.

I will say that for a long time BlackBerry user it took a while to get used to Android but with that done I'm as comfortable in this skin as I was with BB10.
    07-24-17 07:14 AM
    I had mine for 2 days with no issues at all great device until screen popped out. This was my only issue otherwise great device!
    07-24-17 07:37 AM
    I had mine for 2 days with no issues at all great device until screen popped out. This was my only issue otherwise great device!
    Only good for two days and then the screen pops out? Doesn't sound like an "otherwise great device" to me...

Posted via CB10
    07-24-17 08:42 AM
    I was using a Pixel xl prior to using the K1 and basically transformed it using the BB hub and suite so it really was a more powerful dtek.
    07-24-17 12:13 PM