Good day everyone.

First I'm a Blackberry fan, die hard.

Unfortunately blackberry is chasing me away with their pricing.

Okay, I've used the KEYone black before. (Won a Crackberry contest on Instagram sometimes ago) and so I've been sold by the Keyboard.

But that excitement didn't last long as 3 months later I was robbed at gun point and every damn thing taken together with my Beloved KEYone.

Since then ive been using a Chinese branded Device for the moment.

I've saved up now and I want to get a new device.

The KEY2 is way above my league. (For now)

I've got my eyes on the KEYone because of the USB 3.1 Type C port, the Keyboard and my confidence while typing with it when I had together with all blackberry extra features added to it.

I had already made plans to get the device ( KEYone Bronze) cause of dual SIM early this year by end of February but then Nokia released a new device the Nokia 8.1 and although it lacks the Keyboard, the USB 3.1 compatibility and blackberry suite apps, has a very wide notch which I just don't know how the hell Nokia went that route, I'm thinking it's a good device cause of its SD 710 chipset, Android One and also receivea updates like BlackBerry devices too

To add to it all, it's just about $27 more expensive than the KEYone Bronze in my country.

Please guys what do you suggest.

Is the KEYone still a better device or should I just go with the Nokia and Deal with the Notchophobia
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    02-17-19 02:14 PM
    I don't know if you can run Android versions of Blackberry apps on Android one. But I do know you can on Android.
    02-17-19 02:18 PM
    Yeah... you can.
    02-17-19 02:40 PM
    Well then question is simple... Do you want a PKB or not?
    ryankul likes this.
    02-17-19 07:12 PM
    First that's horrible and sorry to hear that. Hopefully that never happens again unless you live in a bad area. As Chuck mentioned. To keyboard or not to keyboard. I have used the Nokia. If you're a die hard BlackBerry user you know which way to go. Good luck!
    02-17-19 09:26 PM
    First of all, your ugly experience of having your phone stolen sounds awful.
    As for the KEYone, bronze: I think the KEYone bronze is a beautiful device. If you are a die hard BlackBerry fan you will be happy with it. You already know the phone since you had one. I would think that you would probably have twinges of buyer's remorse, if you were to buy something else. You said the KEY2 is out of your league, price wise. Would the KEY2 LE be an option. Personally I love the captivative keyboard for scrolling etc. (Which the KEY2 LE doesn't have). But it is a pretty sweet device.
    ryankul likes this.
    02-17-19 10:51 PM
    Good day everyone.

First I'm a Blackberry fan, die hard.

Unfortunately blackberry is chasing me away with their pricing.

Okay, I've used the KEYone black before. (Won a Crackberry contest on Instagram sometimes ago) and so I've been sold by the Keyboard.

But that excitement didn't last long as 3 months later I was robbed at gun point and every damn thing taken together with my Beloved KEYone.

Since then ive been using a Chinese branded Device for the moment.

I've saved up now and I want to get a new device.

The KEY2 is way above my league. (For now)

I've got my eyes on the KEYone because of the USB 3.1 Type C port, the Keyboard and my confidence while typing with it when I had together with all blackberry extra features added to it.

I had already made plans to get the device ( KEYone Bronze) cause of dual SIM early this year by end of February but then Nokia released a new device the Nokia 8.1 and although it lacks the Keyboard, the USB 3.1 compatibility and blackberry suite apps, has a very wide notch which I just don't know how the hell Nokia went that route, I'm thinking it's a good device cause of its SD 710 chipset, Android One and also receivea updates like BlackBerry devices too

To add to it all, it's just about $27 more expensive than the KEYone Bronze in my country.

Please guys what do you suggest.

Is the KEYone still a better device or should I just go with the Nokia and Deal with the Notchophobia
    Well, if you are on crackberry, then I'm sure you a fan of blackberry, go for the keyone. You are used to such phones.
    ryankul likes this.
    02-18-19 08:44 AM
    In Feb '17 I put down my Cobalt Classic as my daily and started using an all touch Samsung S7 Edge, then bought an S7 for form factor and last March traded my S7 for the S9. I have been longing for another PKB and BlackBerry so I just picked up the "Black Edition" KeyOne on sale 4 weeks ago to see how BlackBerry Mobile was doing with their PKB. This device has exceeded my expectations. The choice here is actually very simple if you have used all touch slabs vs your former BlackBerry KeyOne (sorry about the situation leading to loss) It's the keyboard, battery life and how you use and prefer using a mobile phone. Answer that question and your purchase decision is before you.
    02-18-19 11:54 AM
    Does the Bronze Edition have 4GB's of RAM?
    02-18-19 03:00 PM
    Do you want a PKB? If so I'd get the KEY2 LE over the KEYone.... longer life cycle.

I don't need or want a PKB.... so I'd easily go for the much better hardware package with longer software support cycle.

Keep in mine the KEYone is two years old....
    02-18-19 03:01 PM
    If a PKB is mandatory, the KEYone. If not, anything else (although the Nokia 8.1 is pretty good).
    02-18-19 03:30 PM
    Does the Bronze Edition have 4GB's of RAM?
    Yes.
    02-18-19 03:38 PM
    Do you want a PKB? If so I'd get the KEY2 LE over the KEYone.... longer life cycle.

I don't need or want a PKB.... so I'd easily go for the much better hardware package with longer software support cycle.

Keep in mine the KEYone is two years old....
    If you want a capacitive keyboard the BE KeyOne is a great value right now and was released in late '17. 4GB and 64 like the LE. Build quality of the BE KeyOne and battery life are top notch. Runs very well on 8.1. Turn on developer mode and reduce animations to .5 and you will be hard pressed to notice much of a difference between today's flagships (my comparison is with my S9 on PIE and Jan patch) in opening and using apps. (I don't game so I won't even bother comparing- if you do you may want a full screen for landscape)
    02-18-19 11:19 PM
    Agreed to all. I'm very pleased with the overall experience. My only concern is the slow pace of the updates. My BE is still on September security patch. I was beta tester, maybe that's the problem, I don't know.
    02-19-19 01:31 AM
    Agreed to all. I'm very pleased with the overall experience. My only concern is the slow pace of the updates. My BE is still on September security patch. I was beta tester, maybe that's the problem, I don't know.
    Yea. Somethings not right. I have a BE and mine has a January 5th security patch. Running Android 8.1
    02-19-19 06:31 AM
    If you want a capacitive keyboard the BE KeyOne is a great value right now and was released in late '17. 4GB and 64 like the LE. Build quality of the BE KeyOne and battery life are top notch. Runs very well on 8.1. Turn on developer mode and reduce animations to .5 and you will be hard pressed to notice much of a difference between today's flagships (my comparison is with my S9 on PIE and Jan patch) in opening and using apps. (I don't game so I won't even bother comparing- if you do you may want a full screen for landscape)
    Doesn't matter when the varriant was released, it is a KEYone which was released almost two years ago now. Few expect it will see another feature update, and the "hope" is that it will see security updates for one more year.... (neither is confirmed - as BBMo doesn't communicate much).

If you want a phone that is "current" with updates and a PKB... the KEY2 LE is a much better value.
    02-19-19 07:30 AM
    How can I access the developer mode on Oreo?
    02-19-19 07:59 AM
    How can I access the developer mode on Oreo?
    Go to your settings, then go down to system, once there go down to about phone and press on that. Once that comes up go to the bottom and repeatedly press on the build number. It will then ask you if you want to turn on developer mode. Do so and then go down and change both animations to .5. I did a simple restart after. I believe you will be most pleased.
    02-19-19 11:12 AM
    I just discovered even with the Big notch there's no Notification LED. I'm still wondering how companies mss these things 🤦*♂️
    02-19-19 09:40 PM
    I run a Nokia 6.1 (2018 with SN630 + 4GB RAM). This is my first experience with android one OS and I am impressed with it. No bloat, just a basic OS that is easily added to with the apps that one needs.

It has been running Android 9 for 4-5 months and is currently on the Jan19 security patch. I run a 3rd party win 10 launcher with the BB hub. No slowdowns at all. Android 9 is nice but the gains over 8 are nothing important for my needs.

Where android one shines is making the most of the hardware it is running on. Available RAM is the most it can be on any android device because the android one OS is trimmed down as much as possible.

Therefore it comes down to the PKB or not.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-19-19 11:05 PM
    What's your version? Mine is PRD-63637-005.
    02-20-19 12:27 AM
    I run a Nokia 6.1 (2018 with SN630 + 4GB RAM). This is my first experience with android one OS and I am impressed with it. No bloat, just a basic OS that is easily added to with the apps that one needs.

It has been running Android 9 for 4-5 months and is currently on the Jan19 security patch. I run a 3rd party win 10 launcher with the BB hub. No slowdowns at all. Android 9 is nice but the gains over 8 are nothing important for my needs.

Where android one shines is making the most of the hardware it is running on. Available RAM is the most it can be on any android device because the android one OS is trimmed down as much as possible.

Therefore it comes down to the PKB or not.

Posted via CB10
    I understand Samsung's approach to heavy customize their UI and provide all their own apps.... does have it's advantages. But personally I think I'd prefer Android One experience... Been hoping that Nokia would be picked up by Verizon... or it will be Pixel for me.
    02-20-19 11:54 AM
    Damn, the price of the Nokia Keeps dropping 🤦*♂️
    02-24-19 09:03 PM
    I understand Samsung's approach to heavy customize their UI and provide all their own apps.... does have it's advantages. But personally I think I'd prefer Android One experience... Been hoping that Nokia would be picked up by Verizon... or it will be Pixel for me.
    Carriers don’t want to sell inexpensive devices... if you’re buying one device every 2-3 years, carriers want the maximum profits for time frame...
    02-24-19 10:00 PM
    Carriers don’t want to sell inexpensive devices... if you’re buying one device every 2-3 years, carriers want the maximum profits for time frame...
    They already sell phones at all price point... it's just that right now it's ZTE, Alcatel, LG and Motorola that are providing these "value" products (that really aren't all that great of a value for consumers).

Carriers want to sell their networks, if not having the right phone endangers that... they'll adjust. I expect T-Mobile offering the OnePlus has AT&T and Verizon getting ready to expand beyond their current lineups.
    02-25-19 08:01 AM
26 12