Is anybody else having an issue with Blackberry not sending a new device after the keyone screen falls off? I purchased my K1 back in May on Amazon and the screen fell off in August making the phone useless. I contacted Blackberry and after waiting for 3 days they finally replied and told me I needed to give them my credit card in case they do not receive my new device. They will charge me $549 if they send me a new device and did not receive the old device. Moreover they told me they can't promise I'll receive a new device and it might be a refurbished device. Well, I'm not going to take the risk and get a refurbished device with the same problems I had before. I had bad reception and issues with the speaker going out on phone calls. I insisted on a new device but blackberry will not guarantee me a new replacement. Thankfully, Amazon which is awesome agreed to take back my device because they do not want defective merchandise being sold on Amazon. So I will return it to Amazon. However, I will never do business with Blackberry again. And after owning 5 different BB phones, this is the last time they get my money. Blackberry is no longer the great company it use to be. I know you BB fans will defend them no matter what. But I'm done.

To the Blackberry leadership reading this. Look up my complaint #CRM:000000900001068. You can expect a full video on Youtube of my experience. You may only see me as one lost customer. But the good old Internet gives me a big voice.

My questions to Blackberry Community is this:

1. Can anybody direct me to a contact email of Blackberry leadership? I want to file a complaint.

2. If you returned your broken KeyOne to Blackberry was it replaced with a refurbished device? if so, did Blackberry say if they did not receive your broken device they'll charge you for a *new* device of $549 although they sent you a *refurbished* device as a replacement.
    09-06-17 03:17 PM
    You do realize that is how the exchange process works. They are simply putting a hold on your card till a replacement is sent and they receive your old device. I've had to do the same thing with Microsoft and a surface pro device.
    09-06-17 04:33 PM
    You do realize that is how the exchange process works. They are simply putting a hold on your card till a replacement is sent and they receive your old device. I've had to do the same thing with Microsoft and a surface pro device.
    I believe you're missing the OP point though I think the OP is looking at it upside down.

OP, you're sending in a used, 3 month old, device and expecting BlackBerry Mobile to replace it with a NEW one? Nobody does that including Apple and Samsung.

Get out a couple of cans and a ball of string if you want.
    joewoo and i_plod_an_dr_void like this.
    09-06-17 04:49 PM
    First off, BlackBerry doesn't make phones anymore. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ is a BlackBerry Mobile (TCL) device, so you have never dealt with them before I'm sure.

Second, this is normal warranty policy.
    09-06-17 05:02 PM
    I don't see anything unusual about refurbished warranty replacements. That's normal in all industries.

I would complain if the replacement wasn't glued. You would hope refurbishment includes a fresh application of glue given the known issue there.
    09-06-17 05:25 PM
    Honestly speaking I have very good experience with refurbished devices. New housings and all errors ironed out. Who cares how long the electronics was running before. See it as an extended burn in test.
    09-07-17 01:45 AM
    I get the OP's point. There have been people who have sent their phones back because of the screen falling out and gotten refurbished KEYone's who's screens later fell out again. I wouldn't want to deal with it a second time either.
    09-07-17 03:05 AM
    I get the OP's point. There have been people who have sent their phones back because of the screen falling out and gotten refurbished KEYone's who's screens later fell out again. I wouldn't want to deal with it a second time either.
    Especially considering a device that's RMA'd only (usually) holds 90 day warranty. You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.
    Delirious D likes this.
    09-07-17 03:11 AM
    Sound about right to me. MS had to send me a replacement xbox they put a $500 hold on my account until they received my old one. But they sent me the new one first. so technically $500 is nothing.
    09-07-17 04:04 AM
    I think handing out refurbished although expedient and the practice of this industry just always sends a bad taste in everyone's mouth and we have all become inured to the disgust.
    If you return a shirt to a store they don't give you a used shirt.
    And to say "well you used it for 3 months so here's something else that was returned and should be ok," really seems to be a way to screw people - not that electronics are the same as a shirt.
    I think the real problem is how they sell it: refurbished is not a positive sounding word. Like when you buy a used car you're buying other people's problems, I surmise that there's an image of skin flakes, fingerprints and lipstick left on the refurb phones.
    But more to the point, they should have given a new phone especially since it's a defect in the warranty period and TCL negligently sold defective merchandise.
    This is not limited obviously here. Until and unless we as consumers figure a way to unite and say we are not beta testers for crap, this will continually happen.

Posted via CB10
    tubularbell and mrisad like this.
    09-07-17 05:50 AM
    This is where buying from a carrier pays off simple phone call and over the phone trouble shooting and bam replacement device Sent overnight. I hear so many nightmares with unlocked devices from Samsung Google blackberry etc don't think it is worth it.
    09-07-17 07:28 AM
    I believe you're missing the OP point though I think the OP is looking at it upside down.

OP, you're sending in a used, 3 month old, device and expecting BlackBerry Mobile to replace it with a NEW one? Nobody does that including Apple and Samsung.

Get out a couple of cans and a ball of string if you want.
    It's funny you say that because I dropped my Keyone without a case and damaged the top corner and send it in and got a brand new device.
    09-07-17 08:04 AM
    I agree it's pretty normal practice to put a hold on the CC to make sure that you actually send one back. In my case they gave me an option to just send mine back or put a hold on my card. I chose to just send it back they emailed me a prepaid overnight lable. I sent it in and had it back in a week. No hold or anything. I am guessing it would have been about 3 days had I chose the credit card option.

I had the screen come off and sent mine in they sent me a new device. My screen came off again and they sent me a refurbished unit but so far the screen has stayed on so in this case I might prefer the refurb. I know that Apple does the same thing they clean it up and fix it if that's the only problem during the reapir process. I didn't mind as long as it looked new and is fixed. Better than throwing a bunch of tech in the trash.
    09-07-17 08:52 AM
    Refurbished units only happens in the electronics world. I purchased a lawn mover this spring, and the motor crapped out on it, returned to the store expecting a fight with them they replaced the whole mower with a new one as it's was under warranty. So why should you get a refurbished cell phone as a replacement???? just because Apple or Samsung does it does not make it right.
    09-07-17 10:20 AM
    I think handing out refurbished although expedient and the practice of this industry just always sends a bad taste in everyone's mouth and we have all become inured to the disgust.
    If you return a shirt to a store they don't give you a used shirt.
    And to say "well you used it for 3 months so here's something else that was returned and should be ok," really seems to be a way to screw people - not that electronics are the same as a shirt.
    I think the real problem is how they sell it: refurbished is not a positive sounding word. Like when you buy a used car you're buying other people's problems, I surmise that there's an image of skin flakes, fingerprints and lipstick left on the refurb phones.
    But more to the point, they should have given a new phone especially since it's a defect in the warranty period and TCL negligently sold defective merchandise.
    This is not limited obviously here. Until and unless we as consumers figure a way to unite and say we are not beta testers for crap, this will continually happen.

Posted via CB10
    It depends on your definition of used. Factory-refurbished devices are often indistinguishable from new ones. In many cases they are unused, just previously sold and returned.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-07-17 10:33 AM
    Especially considering a device that's RMA'd only (usually) holds 90 day warranty. You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.
    When I recently spoke with TCL/BBMobile, they indicated that the warranty would run for the remaining period and not 90 days.
    09-07-17 11:28 AM
    Not true. I know two people that got new Samsung's after the recall.
    09-07-17 11:30 AM
    Thank you! Finally somebody that gets it! There are so many BB fans here they can't seem to understand I was sold a defective device. There are many people here on Crackberry that is on their 2nd, 3rd and even 4th Keyone because they got a refurbished device. Thank you for understanding!
    09-07-17 11:33 AM
    Yes and look how many people here are on there 2nd, 3rd and even 4th KeyOne. It amazes me how many people here are just saying oh well a refurbished device is fine when I was sold a defect! Moreover, if BB doesn't receive my returned device they will charge me full price of a new device even though they sent a refurbished device. Anybody that sees that is fair has their head too far up BB's arse IMO
    09-07-17 11:37 AM

Second, this is normal warranty policy.
    Sending "refurbished" units to replace defective units?
    Don't know for which company is this normal warranty policy.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-17 11:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes and then charging you for a new device if they don't receive the return even though they sent a refurbished device.
    09-07-17 11:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sending "refurbished" units to replace devices under warranty after three months of use is normal.
    09-07-17 11:44 AM
    It depends on your definition of used. Factory-refurbished devices are often indistinguishable from new ones. In many cases they are unused, just previously sold and returned.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    There is one definition of used, and that is *Used* There's no other way to say it despite it's condition. Used is used.
    eldeadache likes this.
    09-07-17 11:44 AM
    Refurbished units only happens in the electronics world. I purchased a lawn mover this spring, and the motor crapped out on it, returned to the store expecting a fight with them they replaced the whole mower with a new one as it's was under warranty. So why should you get a refurbished cell phone as a replacement???? just because Apple or Samsung does it does not make it right.
    Exactly. And the point is who is responsible for the broken phone? Blackberry or the consumer? If I dropped the phone and it broke, I would blame myself and accept a refurbished device. But when the manufacturer is at fault they need to take the same responsibility.
    09-07-17 11:49 AM
    Given the announcement by BBMobile and the understanding by now they shipped defective phones more or less, in general, according to their own words - the first batch of launch devices.

Those phones should have never even been sold and bought in the first place - that's the OP's point.

OP - you can just return it to Amazon and then wait a bit for the price to drop (because it will soon) and just re-buy their newer reinforced one.
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    09-07-17 11:50 AM
50 12