I was one of the fortunate ones who were able to secure a KEYone on launch day by some miracle. Here are my thoughts after using it exclusively for one week plus.

There is no better keyboard on any phone on any device. In order to truly appreciate it, you just need to type on it. The feel is so nice, that you don't even need to use the swipe up word completion feature if you don't want to. Best in class is not an understatement.

The BlackBerry experience for not running BBOS or BB10 is quite good. BB did a nice job for optimizing what they could using android. Everything is crisp and smooth. And with the customizations android offers, you have an endless opportunity to make the phone exactly how you want it. Dtek security let's you choose what apps have access to. I enjoy this feature quite a bit.

Now to the battery. I will acknowledge that some people have had some complaints but as for me, I have never seen a phone power through a day quite like this one. Talk about chipset optimization! As a test , out of the box I tried to Drain the battery but fell asleep. Because from 7 am to midnight, I still had almost 20% still remaining with a whopping 9-1/2 hours screen on time. Since then I have been averaging close to 8 hours. This seems to be about where the phone has settled.

If long battery life, efficient communicator, and PKB is what you want, don't bother looking elsewhere. This is your phone.

Lastly the Camera. It is surprisingly sharp and vivid. I have been very pleased with the lens in this one. And with a manual mode, it gives you some control over your picture as you see fit. Video recording is not bad either, though OIS would have been appreciated.

As a former iPhone user, I never thought I would go to android. But the KEYone gives me the perfect excuse. If you are waiting to get one, I am telling you it is WORTH the wait. Supplies are getting better so stay the course. You will not be disappointed. Cheers!
    06-07-17 10:33 PM
    Good summary. Thanks.
    06-07-17 10:44 PM
    I was one of the fortunate ones who were able to secure a KEYone on launch day by some miracle. Here are my thoughts after using it exclusively for one week plus.

There is no better keyboard on any phone on any device. In order to truly appreciate it, you just need to type on it. The feel is so nice, that you don't even need to use the swipe up word completion feature if you don't want to. Best in class is not an understatement.

The BlackBerry experience for not running BBOS or BB10 is quite good. BB did a nice job for optimizing what they could using android. Everything is crisp and smooth. And with the customizations android offers, you have an endless opportunity to make the phone exactly how you want it. Dtek security let's you choose what apps have access to. I enjoy this feature quite a bit.

Now to the battery. I will acknowledge that some people have had some complaints but as for me, I have never seen a phone power through a day quite like this one. Talk about chipset optimization! As a test , out of the box I tried to Drain the battery but fell asleep. Because from 7 am to midnight, I still had almost 20% still remaining with a whopping 9-1/2 hours screen on time. Since then I have been averaging close to 8 hours. This seems to be about where the phone has settled.

If long battery life, efficient communicator, and PKB is what you want, don't bother looking elsewhere. This is your phone.

Lastly the Camera. It is surprisingly sharp and vivid. I have been very pleased with the lens in this one. And with a manual mode, it gives you some control over your picture as you see fit. Video recording is not bad either, though OIS would have been appreciated.

As a former iPhone user, I never thought I would go to android. But the KEYone gives me the perfect excuse. If you are waiting to get one, I am telling you it is WORTH the wait. Supplies are getting better so stay the course. You will not be disappointed. Cheers!
    Good review, thanks.
    06-07-17 11:32 PM