I'm looking at K1-Black for use in USA on T-Mobile and or Mint Sim.

When I go to Blackberry Mobile site all I see is it available only as an ATT phone, which I refuse to do.

So, what do I do for an unlocked K-1-Black in USA that will work well with T-Mobile??

I see a Canadian version at Amazon and in comments they say it works well with T-Mobile, but some said it is over priced at $782.00, that it can be bought retail for $650, anyone know where I can buy in USA for $650 that was mentioned in the comments?

https://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Li...pU13058926#Ask
    Last edited by EndRacism; 10-30-17 at 05:41 PM.
    10-30-17 05:24 PM

When I go to Blackberry Mobile site all I see is it available only as an ATT phone, which I refuse to do.

So, what do I do for an unlocked K-1-Black in USA that will work well with T-Mobile??

I see a Canadian version at Amazon and in comments they say it works well with T-Mobile, but some said it is over priced at $782.00, that it can be bought retail for $650, anyone know where I can buy in USA for $650 that was mentioned in the comments?

https://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Li...pU13058968#Ask
    eBay. Search for BlackBerry KeyONE, filter on 64gb storage. You'll see an offer from a seller never-msrp. Works perfectly on T-Mobile. Band 12, WiFi calling, VoLTE all work out of the box.
    Qorax, EndRacism and SK122387 like this.
    10-30-17 06:41 PM
    eBay. Search for BlackBerry KeyONE, filter on 64gb storage. You'll see an offer from a seller never-msrp. Works perfectly on T-Mobile. Band 12, WiFi calling, VoLTE all work out of the box.
    Found them on Ebay, great tip! Thanks!!! Apparently it is a Canadian release and I see that it has three of the bands that TMobile uses for 4G. with a 30 day return to seller, buyer pays to return. I think that the phone comes with a one year manufacturer warranty on manufacturing defects? Does the packaging that came with your include a way to contact, who? Blackberry Mobile for manufacturer defects? The seller is out of Houston, TX which I like.

Mike
    10-30-17 07:21 PM

https://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Li...pU13059012#Ask
    Hey there, by coincidence I have both for sale (silver and black edition), you can see the posts in the marketplace... if you are interested let me know... and yes, both work in T-Mobile...
    10-30-17 08:10 PM
    Found them on Ebay, great tip! Thanks!!! Apparently it is a Canadian release and I see that it has three of the bands that TMobile uses for 4G. with a 30 day return to seller, buyer pays to return. I think that the phone comes with a one year manufacturer warranty on manufacturing defects? Does the packaging that came with your include a way to contact, who? Blackberry Mobile for manufacturer defects? The seller is out of Houston, TX which I like.

Mike
    It's not the canadian version (PRD 034). It is from somewhere else (PRD 042), but it's a BBB100-1, so totally compatible with US carriers. Yes, you can register with BBM, it's an official product.
    10-30-17 09:02 PM
    Hey there, by coincidence I have both for sale (silver and black edition), you can see the posts in the marketplace... if you are interested let me know... and yes, both work in T-Mobile...
    You listed the K1Blm at $650? the ebay source is $590.
    10-30-17 09:03 PM
    You listed the K1Blm at $650? the ebay source is $590.
    I would get it from them then, that's a good deal...
    10-30-17 09:07 PM
    It's not the canadian version (PRD 034). It is from somewhere else (PRD 042), but it's a BBB100-1, so totally compatible with US carriers. Yes, you can register with BBM, it's an official product.
    PRD-63117-034 is listing as BBB100-2, BlackBerry KEYone variant's OTA updates :: wiki.mbirth.de
    10-30-17 09:16 PM
    I bought from the never-msrp eBay because I figured this is not coming to the US, probably ever.
    Even if it did, it would not come to AT&T which means I'm still stuck with whatever carrier blocking stuff they do for unlocked devices.

Was nervous because I've never bought a phone through unofficial channels before.
    Package arrived quickly, sealed in box, no issues. New as a baby!

No issues with reception at all for me on AT&T in CA. This was what was worrying me the most before buying the K1.
    I would even venture to say it is better than my LG G6 in the same locations.

The never-msrp guy was selling them at $599, that means that eBay is taking a cut - so they were selling the device for much less ($550?).
    Me thinks BBMobile gave them some discount to allow US folks to get the 4GB version.
    Doesn't make sense they would sell that many to break even or lose money.

IJS
    kwues likes this.
    10-30-17 09:23 PM
    PRD-63117-034 is listing as BBB100-2, BlackBerry KEYone variant's OTA updates :: wiki.mbirth.de
    Ah. 039 is Canadian. The variant I have is 042.
    10-30-17 09:32 PM
    I bought from the never-msrp eBay because I figured this is not coming to the US, probably ever.
    Even if it did, it would not come to AT&T which means I'm still stuck with whatever carrier blocking stuff they do for unlocked devices.

Was nervous because I've never bought a phone through unofficial channels before.

No issues with reception at all for me on AT&T in CA. This was what was worrying me the most before buying the K1.

The never-msrp guy was selling them at $599, that means that eBay is taking a cut - so they were selling the device for much less ($550?).
    Me thinks BBMobile gave them some discount to allow US folks to get the 4GB version.

IJS
    I just bought mine from the same seller. It should arrive in a few days. Thanks for the info. Got one question for you. Are you getting LTE on your device?

Thanks.
    10-31-17 08:34 AM
    I just bought mine from the same seller. It should arrive in a few days. Thanks for the info. Got one question for you. Are you getting LTE on your device?

Thanks.
    That's great, hey, if you don't mind, come back after it arrives to say how it is? Please! I'm going to order one before end of this week.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-17 09:05 AM

IJS
    How you liking your KEYone?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-17 09:16 AM
    I got mine black edition in the mail today from never msrp and it's a brand new device sealed and comes with a UK charger. He includes an adapter for the US wall outlet though.

All is well with mine and once initial welcome screens were done with updated to the latest October patch. Getting excellent signal. LTE with t-mobile. Only issue with mine is super bright (much brighter than the rest of the keyboard) shift keys and Z and $ key. Looks like the LEDs behind those are either brighter or somehow positioned closer to the keyboard from underneath. At least it's uniform as it in the same spots on both sides. If it was one side it would bother me a lot more. Phone is snappy and flies through everything. Battery awesome. Typed this message on it and no mistakes. You will love yours.
    10-31-17 10:59 PM

Thanks.
    Yes, I have LTE. I

can't enable Mobile Hotspot, but haven't tried to call AT&T. I have a second device that can Hotspot if needed but I do want to know if it is really blocked or something needs to be provisioned.
    11-01-17 12:54 AM
    How you liking your KEYone?

Posted via CB10
    Really missed the keyboard. Finally enjoy typing again. Really like the size of this keyboard.

Main gripe for me is the touch scrolling is really choppy and I mostly use the screen for scrolling pages.

Reception is great, it is about the same or better than my LG G6 in the same location.
    11-01-17 12:57 AM
    Really missed the keyboard. Finally enjoy typing again. Really like the size of this keyboard.

Main gripe for me is the touch scrolling is really choppy and I mostly use the screen for scrolling pages.

Reception is great, it is about the same or better than my LG G6 in the same location.
    Yes the keyboard is dream
    Yes the scrolling is very choppy. Unpolished software and optimization I believe.
    Keep enjoying it!

Posted via CB10
    texn884 likes this.
    11-01-17 02:07 AM

https://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Li...pU13060754#Ask
    Go Here: I got my LG V20 here good people
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=zQblULDB

Go Here is where I got mine from: Good people also
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=G6UnfwTW
    11-01-17 03:42 PM
    Thanks. I just ordered one from them due to your suggestion and feedback on your device. I have a 100-1 silver KEYone on t-mobile and it works great, so I'm hoping the black one works just as well. God knows t-mobile was never going to carry the KEYone in silver, never mind the black edition!

seems like the old days, having to find creative ways to get a BlackBerry on t-mobile
    Michael Saxon likes this.
    11-01-17 05:34 PM
    I really appreciate your tip on where to buy! I went ahead and ordered one! I also discovered my favorite case make, Ringke has cases for keyone and screen protectors, never had problems with Ringke! Thanks again!!!
    Michael Saxon likes this.
    11-01-17 05:45 PM
    Yes, I have LTE. I

can't enable Mobile Hotspot, but haven't tried to call AT&T. I have a second device that can Hotspot if needed but I do want to know if it is really blocked or something needs to be provisioned.
    I'm in the same boat. I purchased a BBB100-1 International Black Edition off of ebay. Everything works great on At&t except mobile Hotspot. The hotspot setting are available on the keyone however you can't toggle the hotspot On. There is a painful work-around: Turn off phone. Remove SIM, Turn on phone, Toggle on hotspot, Put Sim back in. Hotspot works.

I still need to contact At&t directly to see if it's a provisioning issue.

Love the phone, but non-working hotspot is a bit of a show-stopper for me. May need to return it and go back to the 32GB Silver which has working hotspot.
    11-05-17 08:38 AM

https://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Li...pU13102075#Ask
    Can you confirm the the Black Edition BB 100-1 works on T-Mobile?
    12-26-17 01:37 PM
    Can you confirm the the Black Edition BB 100-1 works on T-Mobile?
    Yes it does, I'm using a Mint Sim card which uses t-mobile, t-mobile logo flashes across screen after reboot.
    12-26-17 07:08 PM
    Yes it does, I'm using a Mint Sim card which uses t-mobile, t-mobile logo flashes across screen after reboot.
    Nice! Would I get the Mint Sim Card from T-Mobile?
    12-27-17 12:12 AM
    Nice! Would I get the Mint Sim Card from T-Mobile?
    Mint Sim is online, very low monthly rates, you get configure APN settings in your phone per their instructions, go to their Web site to sign up and they mail the Sim card to you. I'm very happy with them, they aren't part of t-mobile, they whole sale the Sim card from t-mobile but t-mobile doesn't get involved other than allowing Mint to sell Sim cards. I discovered them through crackberry
    12-27-17 10:59 AM
28 12