Seeing that teaser of the KeyOne black edition made me think.

Perhaps, BlackBerry is holding off launching the KeyOne unlocked in Canada (and abroad) as they want to essential re-launch the KeyOne in its new Black format as a way to address a number of the hardware issues with the original silver edition.

Better signal, better RAM, more glue on the screen etc....

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by RodgeSaunders; 08-10-17 at 06:36 AM.
    08-09-17 03:45 PM

Perhaps, BlackBerry is holding off launching the KeyOne unlocked in Canada (and abroad) as they want to essential re-launch the KeyOne in its new Black format as a way to address a number of the hardware issues with the original silver edition.

Better signal, netter RAM, more glue on the screen etc....

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    I think your drinking to much Molson........lol.

The black version is under license, why would another company be allowed to sell against another licensee?
    nycspaces. likes this.
    08-09-17 04:03 PM
    Did you see the teaser video for Berlin? They're hinting at a Black Edition launch.. possible outside of India

Posted via CB10
    08-09-17 04:17 PM
    Did you see the teaser video for Berlin? They're hinting at a Black Edition launch.. possible outside of India

Posted via CB10
    Yes,

But I still would ask why.....hey if I am wrong great, if not great.
    08-09-17 04:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Berlin a Slab?
    Isn't it? Black Slab-bith...edition...maybe ?
    08-09-17 07:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sharing a color with the Indian KEYone doesn't necessarily mean sharing everything else with it.
    08-09-17 07:55 PM
    Sharing a color with the Indian KEYone doesn't necessarily mean sharing everything else with it.
    I hope we do get to see the updated black K1 here in NA soon!
    08-09-17 07:58 PM
    How many of you are going to come back and apologize to OP if he turns out to be right?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and CB-BB-BBM like this.
    08-09-17 08:05 PM
    Yea Rodge I had the same thought as you. I'm certainly hoping so too as I've been unwilling to be coerced into signing up with one of the big 3 just to get the device.

Impartial to the color, but definitely down for the RAM and internal memory bump.
    08-09-17 08:11 PM
    I love all-black stuff so im definitely going to get one!!!!!
    08-09-17 08:15 PM

Better signal, netter RAM, more glue on the screen etc....

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Highly, highly doubt it. The supplier has listed the silver one for the longest time. Shipment of 1200+300 was supposed to arrive this week.

TCL BLACKBERRY KEYONE SILVER UNLOCKED DEVICE - Product Details
    http://www.pc-canada.com/item/PRD-63116-001.html
    08-09-17 08:41 PM
    I think your drinking to much Molson........lol.

The black version is under license, why would another company be allowed to sell against another licensee?
    I resemble that remark
    terminatorx and anon(9742832) like this.
    08-09-17 10:42 PM
    It's pretty clear that Optiemus and TCL are one big happy family.... I don't see licensing being any issue.

Would be a great way to relaunch the KEYone.... new color, new glue, new antenna.
    08-10-17 07:25 AM
    It's pretty clear that Optiemus and TCL are one big happy family.... I don't see licensing being any issue.

Would be a great way to relaunch the KEYone.... new color, new glue, new antenna.
    Well if it's like most families and there is cash on the table......look out the long knives are ready.

Lol
    08-10-17 07:36 AM
    Exactly. It wouldn't surprise me if the entire device portfolio for the Indian market turns out to be slightly modified TCL devices manufactured by Wistron. BB Merah Putih looks to be a different situation, but again, it isn't impossible there will be some collaboration with the other partners. It would make a lot of sense.

In response to the original question, I think the KeyOne Black Edition will definitely come to Canada, just as it will to the EU, but will share identical specifications with the standard edition. Dual sim handsets are non-existent here in the UK and while there is always a first, I don't see it happening.
    08-10-17 07:51 AM
    I, for one, definitely hope that the black edition does come to Canada. I've been holding off on getting the KEYone for the quality control issues but am hopeful that this black edition will be a "new and improved" version, to some degree.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-17 07:58 AM
    I, for one, definitely hope that the black edition does come to Canada. I've been holding off on getting the KEYone for the quality control issues but am hopeful that this black edition will be a "new and improved" version, to some degree.

Posted via CB10
    might be as it is not the same manufacturer
    08-10-17 09:22 AM

In response to the original question, I think the KeyOne Black Edition will definitely come to Canada, just as it will to the EU, but will share identical specifications with the standard edition. Dual sim handsets are non-existent here in the UK and while there is always a first, I don't see it happening.
    Nothing stopping them from taking a Indian BBB100-7. change the variant code to lock out the second SIM, and fit a SIM tray from a standard single-SIM KEYone 1 2 or 3.
    08-10-17 09:34 AM
    Personally, I'm more interested in the dual sim capability than the extra GB of RAM. I really want to ditch my company issued iPhone and carry one device -- but I need both active phone numbers.

And, I prefer the black for looks alone.
    08-10-17 09:41 AM
    Personally, I'm more interested in the dual sim capability than the extra GB of RAM. I really want to ditch my company issued iPhone and carry one device -- but I need both active phone numbers.

And, I prefer the black for looks alone.
    Really don't know why NA Carrier seem against this....

That said, would your company allow it? I expect if they allow BOYD, they would. But that if they want full control over your phone, they would not - and you probable would not either.

Most of the world where dual sims are used... it's necessary because of the network conditions, not because people want to have separate lines.
    08-10-17 11:14 AM
    Really don't know why NA Carrier seem against this....

That said, would your company allow it? I expect if they allow BOYD, they would. But that if they want full control over your phone, they would not - and you probable would not either.

Most of the world where dual sims are used... it's necessary because of the network conditions, not because people want to have separate lines.
    My company does allow BYOD (they're "frugal"), and not full control. There are two OnePlus 3T's and a OnePlus 5 in the office, all doing the dual sim thing. I was sorely tempted to go OP5 myself.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-10-17 11:29 AM