I want to buy the keyone 4gb ram, mainly for the keyboard.
    However, I feel this phone is way overpriced for what it is, spec wise.
    Xiaomi mi mix 2 which have much superior specs (minus keyboard) only cost $510, cheaper even to the measly standard keyone with 3gb at $550.

Its not about which phone is better but i feel kinda ripped off buying the keyone. What do you guys think?
    10-04-17 02:07 AM
    I think paying with $ is not the only way to pay for a smartphone.
    10-04-17 03:14 AM
    I agree. The keyone is ridiculously overpriced.
    evodevo69 likes this.
    10-04-17 03:50 AM
    You're basically paying for the keyboard. For me, worth every dollar. If I didn't want a physical keyboard I'd buy a Moto X4 and call it a day.
    10-05-17 11:10 AM
    You're basically paying for the keyboard. For me, worth every dollar. If I didn't want a physical keyboard I'd buy a Moto X4 and call it a day.
    You're right, in a consumer perspective. If you're in a serious business however, Xiaomi is simply not an option, no matter how cheap they are.
    10-05-17 11:22 AM
    You're right, in a consumer perspective. If you're in a serious business however, Xiaomi is simply not an option, no matter how cheap they are.
    Lmao how is it not an option? They're all android phones...

If having a keyboard was so important for business why were they losing money regardless lol
    mister2d likes this.
    10-05-17 12:37 PM
    Lmao how is it not an option? They're all android phones...

If having a keyboard was so important for business why were they losing money regardless lol
    Android phones are not equal, in many ways.
    10-05-17 12:47 PM
    If you feel like your being "ripped" off don't buy. IMO minor increased cost for the KeyOne(PKB) is worth it. I don't game or watch movies on my phone so the KeyOne is perfect. I'm not a spec ***** so the Specs are fine and the KeyOne performs exceptionally well.
    10-05-17 03:01 PM
    Sure, the price could be better, but there is also nothing else like it on the market. For a niche product, you get niche prices.

So far TCL has done a great job. Honesty, the K1 is very well executed right down the the packaging, the accessories...impossible to distinguish from any pre-licensing BlackBerry. If it is out of range price-wise now, I'm sure the price will begin to drop before long...just as they always do with Android devices. For some to expect a deep discount at launch, quite frankly, is what I find ridiculous. At least give TCL a chance to make some money first, Lol.
    10-05-17 03:15 PM
    The extra money is worth it for the keyboard, the build quality, and the blackberry suite of tools that the rest of the world pays for; or it isn't if those things have no value to a consumer. Buying it just for the keyboard makes sense to a very few.

I think Keyone is a smart device and reasonably priced (in the eyes of someone who uses phones for work), and I'd have some for my office but for the much discussed signal issues, and my recent memory of such issues with the Privs we invested in and then had to replace with much more expensive devices, in a hurry.

My profession requires me not to look like a jackass, ever. There's no substitute for the precision of a PKB.
    10-05-17 10:44 PM