With the advent of the KEYtwo release, I'm hoping that the price of the KEYone's will drop some. Would anyone like to give their overall impression of the KEYone Black Edition? Thanks in advance.
    05-22-18 07:01 AM
    Overall, a fantastic device. Efficient to the bone. If it has to be a #black.droid ~ it is the best of them all. Till date.
    Rico4you likes this.
    05-22-18 07:22 AM
    In a nutshell: I wouldn't change it for any other phone besides the KEY2.

It's an awesome phone.
    Rico4you likes this.
    05-22-18 07:51 AM
    1- don't buy new devices , wait at least 2-3 months.
    2- K1 is in the 3 year support program.

now is the best moment to buy a K1.
    05-22-18 07:55 AM
    got mine right after released to the US market... fantastic phone. unless the key2 is significantly better, no really looking to upgrade. additionally love the way it looks and I get a ton of compliments on it.
    05-22-18 08:40 AM
    It will probably discontinue after k2 release and I don't think blackberry will drop the price. I would wait for k2 since the form factor looks very similar but better spec.
    05-22-18 10:36 AM
    It will probably discontinue after k2 release and I don't think blackberry will drop the price. I would wait for k2 since the form factor looks very similar but better spec.
    The used market will bring interesting deals.
    05-22-18 12:16 PM
    really best device for me!!!
    05-22-18 02:04 PM
    It was a no brainer for me. It literally has everything I want and need in a phone with a couple of extra surprises.

I needed a keyboard to make work and school easier for me *check.*

I needed excellent battery life *check*

I wanted at least a good camera *double check and also pleasantly surprised*

I wanted more memory *check and surprised by its performance*

It is no doubt the best blackberry I have used. A lot of people say the 9900 is still the best. I respect that from a true blackberry standpoint. But this Keyone BE takes the essence of that 9900 and gives me all of the functionality of today's slabs. It gets no better for me. If there is a keyone BE for a deal, I wouldn't pass it up.
    05-22-18 02:34 PM
    for me the true cool thing about the keyone (apart from the keyboard) is the screen. it is not like the passport screen where everything was squared. yet this screen is not like regular slabs screen. it is wide for productivity emails, texting, reading, surfing web yet it is also tall enough for media consumption. it does both worlds a great service. and that was the thing that amazed and surprised me the most after getting it. and also the camera is superb. wonderful device
    05-22-18 02:43 PM
    With the advent of the KEYtwo release, I'm hoping that the price of the KEYone's will drop some. Would anyone like to give their overall impression of the KEYone Black Edition? Thanks in advance.
    KeyOne black edition at the moment is the best PKB device which money can buy . Fast , no heating , no freezing , no sluggishness, great battery life and decent camera . I have owned it since more than 2 months now with only one regret that I could have bought it much earlier . The irresistible Key2 is now round the corner and I plan to go for it day 1.
    05-23-18 02:17 AM
    The best device I have ever come across (as per my needs). No lags (with 88 apps installed), the battery life is insane, love the keyboard and its capacitive layer, love the convenience key (HUB in my case - the HUUUUUUB, just looove having all of my communication organized...), love the ability to answer/hangup calls with hardware keys, love the 'Doble pressing power button launches camera' trick, love the ability to take private pictures by touching the space bar + the whole of Trezor concept, the power Center seems to be really doing a great job in cutting background processes and apps. And even though I've noticed some people complaining about reception mine has been stellar - 4 LTE bars in a cellar where a friend with an iPhone 8 only had 2, so....There's lots to love about this device, the worst possible thing about it is....getting one too late!!!
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    05-23-18 02:53 AM
    Shandy how do you answer/hang up with physical keys? Thanks!
    05-23-18 07:21 AM
    Shandy how do you answer/hang up with physical keys? Thanks!
    Settings > system > accessibility and there yet again under 'system' you'll find both options: power button to end a phone call and space key to answer. The latter can also be set via the phone app itself but with the overall settings path as described above you can just set it all up in a single shot
    05-23-18 07:29 AM
    I'm on my 3rd Keyone, dropped first one and warranty replacement on 2nd, currently debating giving up on Blackberry. The phone reception is marginal at best (never had a reception problem before Keyone) texting messages can be slow and the OS is slow. I've heard about early versions having reception issues and now that I'm on my 3rd one I am looking for a solution to the poor reception. I'm on AT&T and have used a BB dating back to the first, track wheel version. Any ideas or possible solutions? This phone is horrible!
    05-23-18 11:04 AM
    I'm on my 3rd Keyone, dropped first one and warranty replacement on 2nd, currently debating giving up on Blackberry. The phone reception is marginal at best (never had a reception problem before Keyone) texting messages can be slow and the OS is slow. I've heard about early versions having reception issues and now that I'm on my 3rd one I am looking for a solution to the poor reception. I'm on AT&T and have used a BB dating back to the first, track wheel version. Any ideas or possible solutions? This phone is horrible!
    Is yours a black edition one? Mine is just so snappy and fluid...hmmm. You can try setting as many apps as possible not to be allowed to autostart (to be done in the BlackBerry Power center), then you can try changing the animation settings in the developer menu (there are quite a few threads regarding this here on CB), try to get the latest patch that is the May one. That's about it, haven't done anything more than that with mine and it's been a great user experience so far. But can't do much about the reception I'm afraid....although, maybe you might wanna give this a shot: Mine is constantly in a BlackBerry cover/shell so I never touch the antennas and maybe that's why my reception is so good...?
    05-23-18 11:48 AM
    The best device I have ever come across (as per my needs). No lags (with 88 apps installed), the battery life is insane, love the keyboard and its capacitive layer, love the convenience key (HUB in my case - the HUUUUUUB, just looove having all of my communication organized...), love the ability to answer/hangup calls with hardware keys, love the 'Doble pressing power button launches camera' trick, love the ability to take private pictures by touching the space bar + the whole of Trezor concept, the power Center seems to be really doing a great job in cutting background processes and apps. And even though I've noticed some people complaining about reception mine has been stellar - 4 LTE bars in a cellar where a friend with an iPhone 8 only had 2, so....There's lots to love about this device, the worst possible thing about it is....getting one too late!!!
    @shandy-R2D2 Very nice review indeed . My only regret with my device is also same as yours " getting one too late!!!!"
    05-24-18 02:32 AM
    Thanks for all of your responses. Looks like the vast majority are positive experiences. KEYtwo gearing up for June 7th. Will see where it will get released. Again. hoping price drop ensues after the next BB keyboard phone is released.
    05-24-18 12:12 PM
    Settings > system > accessibility and there yet again under 'system' you'll find both options: power button to end a phone call and space key to answer. The latter can also be set via the phone app itself but with the overall settings path as described above you can just set it all up in a single shot
    Thank you. For some reason the space bar to answer is not on the list. I just have the power button to end calls. I guess maybe it has to do with being locked AT&T? Idk. Maybe someday it will show up.
    05-24-18 07:22 PM