Would that be great to have hub always residing in the memory and be able to swipe it in instant like on BB10.

I've been always wondering why only we can do it with productivity tab and no hub. I think it is because of memory constraints. 4gb will solve this problem imo.

This would be huge incentive to get 4gb version.

This would make android really feel like bb10.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-01-17 12:01 PM
    I'm using NOVA launcher on my K1. It has gesture options that come close... I swipe up and it launches hub. Not quite as awesome as the BB10 implementation, but closer than what's in the BB launcher for the K1. Even with the paltry 3 gigs in my month old phone, it launches instantly without being staged in background.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-01-17 12:31 PM
    I'm using NOVA launcher on my K1. It has gesture options that come close... I swipe up and it launches hub. Not quite as awesome as the BB10 implementation, but closer than what's in the BB launcher for the K1. Even with the paltry 3 gigs in my month old phone, it launches instantly without being staged in background.
    I used to use Nova but it is not the same plus you use all the keyboard shortcuts
    09-01-17 01:24 PM
    Would love to see proof of the 4GB version doing this better than the original... Seems like speculation for this specific action
    09-01-17 01:27 PM
    can anyone with the Indian version (4gb) do this and show a video?
    09-01-17 10:38 PM
    There really is not a big difference from swiping in to the hub and pressing the icon. I was showing my KEYᴼᴺᴱ off today, and the people were impressed at what the hub could do, such as open my emails, text, phone calls, FB and Instagram all in one place. How I opened the Hub was not the cool part, believe me.
    FF22 and BigBadWulf like this.
    09-01-17 11:11 PM
    BTW, either the silver or the black KEYᴼᴺᴱ can feel like BB10. The color is irrelevant, as BB10 had several different colors of phone.

As long as the user is willing to try to learn Android, you will be surprised at how nice the KEYᴼᴺᴱ really is.
    FF22 and BigBadWulf like this.
    09-01-17 11:19 PM
    Would that be great to have hub always residing in the memory and be able to swipe it in instant like on BB10.

I've been always wondering why only we can do it with productivity tab and no hub. I think it is because of memory constraints. 4gb will solve this problem imo.

Indeed. I wouldn't even touch a silver KEYone at this point, 1GB extra RAM can make a huge difference, I've seen it happen on both iOS and Android. My iPad Air 2 has 2GB RAM vs. my iPad 4 with 1GB RAM, with the extra 1GB RAM in the Air 2 I can literally have double the amount of open browser windows, apps and games open in the background vs. my iPad 4 which begins closing apps and games by the time I open a 3rd browser window.

It's hilarious how people are trying to downplay the whole extra 1GB RAM in the Black Edition, probably due to most of them overpaying for the Silver that has mid to low end specs that were top end 3years ago and so they have to defend their decision, which I totally understand.

But if you are in the market for a KEYone, avoid that Silver like the plague, get the Black with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage, these are 2016/2017 top end specs, you will love your self in the long run as many Android apps are built around popular Android devices like the Galaxy S6, S7, S8, Pixel, LG G6, Huawei P9 and P10 etc... devices, which feature the same 4GB RAM.
    joewoo and Aarav_thakur like this.
    09-02-17 12:50 AM
    Indeed. I wouldn't even touch a silver KEYone at this point, 1GB extra RAM can make a huge difference, I've seen it happen on both iOS and Android. My iPad Air 2 has 2GB RAM vs. my iPad 4 with 1GB RAM, with the extra 1GB RAM in the Air 2 I can literally have double the amount of open browser windows, apps and games open in the background vs. my iPad 4 which begins closing apps and games by the time I open a 3rd browser window.

It's hilarious how people are trying to downplay the whole extra 1GB RAM in the Black Edition, probably due to most of them overpaying for the Silver that has mid to low end specs that were top end 3years ago and so they have to defend their decision, which I totally understand.

But if you are in the market for a KEYone, avoid that Silver like the plague, get the Black with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage, these are 2016/2017 top end specs, you will love your self in the long run as many Android apps are built around popular Android devices like the Galaxy S6, S7, S8, Pixel, LG G6, Huawei P9 and P10 etc... devices, which feature the same 4GB RAM.
    Very true. Right now its all about the black Keyone.

I'm not bitter though as success bodes well for future generations of BB
    09-02-17 04:47 AM
    That's your opinion, personally i think the black one looks dull. Almost as generic as the flooded slab phones. They could have gone with a cobalt blue , but all black including the blackberry logo and lines between the keys makes it far from striking. 3 gigs is doing just fine, with multiple apps running and no issues. If someone can show me how 4 gigs is a game changer i might consider in the future upgrading.
    09-02-17 06:36 AM
    I agree. I have had the silver since introduction. Love it. Now if they came out with any colour I'd grab it. Like cobalt blue, red, green - even orange. Why look like all the rest?
    09-02-17 06:43 AM
    Id be all over a gold keyone
    09-02-17 11:20 AM
    I don't think the limitation for swipe gestures is the RAM. It is Android itself.

Posted via CB10
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    09-02-17 12:04 PM
    This is a really confused thread. If you meant that the hub will work better because of 4GB ram, I missed that because of the title about the black KEYᴼᴺᴱ. I was not intending to be "hilarious" or downplaying the extra ram.

My hub works great on my silver KEYᴼᴺᴱ and so far, I don't have any issues with multitasking.
    09-02-17 03:05 PM
    There really is not a big difference from swiping in to the hub and pressing the icon. I was showing my KEYᴼᴺᴱ off today, and the people were impressed at what the hub could do, such as open my emails, text, phone calls, FB and Instagram all in one place. How I opened the Hub was not the cool part, believe me.
    I miss being able to "peek" and see the email/txt/etc. counts.
    Sean Flaherty likes this.
    09-02-17 07:32 PM
    And this is what BlackBerry could add to 4gb models.
    09-03-17 03:20 AM
    I don't think the limitation for swipe gestures is the RAM. It is Android itself.

Posted via CB10
    It's not the RAM nor Android. It's just that BlackBerry decided to implement the hub as an standalone application instead as a whole launcher that allows better integration with the system.
    09-03-17 04:15 AM
    It's not the RAM nor Android. It's just that BlackBerry decided to implement the hub as an standalone application instead as a whole launcher that allows better integration with the system.
    How would that definitely allow for all swipe gestures?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-17 07:10 AM
    I think the part I miss about BB10 was the peak feature

It was nice to be able to see my hub if I saw a notification in an app, but was able to look further at the hub with out losing my app I was working on, by simply peaking over.

The peak was also a great feature so if I did peak, it often triggered a reminder in my brain, that 'oh yeah, I need to deal with that email half way down the list'
    09-03-17 07:15 AM
    How would that definitely allow for all swipe gestures?

Posted via CB10
    The thing is to have an overlay for those gestures.
    Think about swiping from the home button, it gets some quick access icons on your screen. Or swiping from the left on some launchers and getting Google Now shown. That's an overlay.
    Usually those are integrated within a launcher, but you can have them as an application (although in my experience that not always works well. In any case, BB's hub is an application + a widget instead and overlay you can call with a gesture. Swiping up on the icon just gets the widget, but I bet what most of us need is something similar to get the hub shown instead the productivity tab when we swipe right.
    09-03-17 07:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    Actually Android does have the ability to incorporate swipe gestures. It's BlackBerry that decided not to go that route.
    09-03-17 07:40 AM

Nova launcher.

Swipe up for instant hub. Down for instant whatsapp and double tap for instant Internet.

I believe Nova allows for the best and most intuitive experience. Im not concerned about the loss of keyboard shortcuts. IMO a touch screen is the best way to navigate a device and the keyboard is the best for typing.

With nova you get to improve the navigation process with gestures while retaining the keyboard for typing.

You improve this further with "OK Google" to create a new and unique "flow" experience. OK google can be activated from within other apps so you can easily jump around wherever you want from within apps.

A new BB flow perhaps by combining all these technologies? The difference here is the only constraint is your own mind. You can flow wherever you want using this method.

As for the increased memory on the Black Keyone, everything i have just described can be achieved with the 3GB silver.

In my opinion, Blackberry missed a trick. They could have done more to create a unique BB feel to the OS while having all the benefits of the app store.
    Last edited by Mercuryuser; 09-03-17 at 08:20 AM.
    09-03-17 07:55 AM
    Actually Android does have the ability to incorporate swipe gestures. It's BlackBerry that decided not to go that route.
    Ok, good to know.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-17 07:55 AM
    Nova launcher.

Swipe up for instant hub. Down for instant whatsapp and double tap for instant Internet.

I believe Nova allows for the best and most intuitive experience. Im not concerned about the loss of keyboard shortcuts. IMO a touch screen is the best way to navigate a device and the keyboard is the best for typing.

With nova you get to improve the navigation process with gestures while retaining the keyboard for typing.

You improve this further with "OK Google" to create a new and unique "flow" experience. OK google can be activated from within other apps so you can easily jump around wherever you want from within apps.

A new BB flow perhaps by combining all these technologies? The difference here is the only constraint is your own mind. You can flow wherever you want using this method.

As for the increased memory on the Black Keyone, everything i have just described can be achieved with the 3GB silver.

In my opinion, Blackberry missed a trick. They could have done more to create a unique BB feel to the OS while having all the benefits of the app store.
    I mean with 4Gb of ram BlackBerry could implement hub peak like on BB10. We already have that with productivity tab but not hub.
    This would make android bb very that much more similar to bb10
    09-03-17 08:22 AM
    I mean with 4Gb of ram BlackBerry could implement hub peak like on BB10. We already have that with productivity tab but not hub.
    This would make android bb very that much more similar to bb10
    Why would we need 4gb. Surely it could be achieved with 3.
    bitek likes this.
    09-03-17 08:30 AM
31 12