I've read through some conflicting information here so I was hoping to clear it up with this post. I just ordered the Black Edition BBB100-1 and want to know if there will be any unexpected surprises when using this with At&t? I know the Special Edition from India with the dual sim has had some issues in the US, but is anyone using the Black Edition (I bought from Never-MSRP off of Ebay) on At&t and if so, is everything working as expected (all bands, reception, etc...) or will there be some limitations because this phone is not the Space Black Edition that At&t offers?
    11-29-17 06:35 PM
    I also got the never-msrp Black Edition and am using it in CA on AT&T. no issues with reception or data, get good speeds with good signal in many places.

Only issue so far is I don't have Hotspot working. I haven't yet reached out to them to see if they can help, but that is the only shortcoming so far.

There is a known workaround to remove the Sim, restart the phone, turn Hotspot on and then insert the Sim, but I have another phone I travel with that has Hotspot so it has not been a showstopper for me.

I know others have had the Hotspot working on T-Mo.
    11-29-17 07:09 PM
    ATT K1 Hotspot works fine...you might try holding the power button for 12 sec until it vibrates to do a soft reset...
    11-29-17 07:15 PM
    I also got the never-msrp Black Edition and am using it in CA on AT&T. no issues with reception or data, get good speeds with good signal in many places.

Only issue so far is I don't have Hotspot working. I haven't yet reached out to them to see if they can help, but that is the only shortcoming so far.

There is a known workaround to remove the Sim, restart the phone, turn Hotspot on and then insert the Sim, but I have another phone I travel with that has Hotspot so it has not been a showstopper for me.

I know others have had the Hotspot working on T-Mo.
    I'm on a legacy unlimited plan ... so those SOB's at At&t won't allow me to do a hotspot anyway! Thanks for the info.
    11-29-17 07:18 PM