I recently purchased the KeyOne Black Edition from Amazon Canada (ships and sold by Amazon Canada), but after a few days of usage I'm not impressed by the battery life. The phone seems to drain very fast, much faster than what many have said about this type of device, and certainly much faster than my KeyOne Silver Edition. I am getting basically same battery life as my S8+, so enough to get through the day, but no more. My Silver phone could basically go for two days.

Note that I am running the moist current update, AAP683. Also, I have a stable Wi-Fi and mobile connection.

Any hints as to the problem?
    10-29-17 01:16 AM
    I recently purchased the KeyOne Black Edition from Amazon Canada (ships and sold by Amazon Canada), but after a few days of usage I'm not impressed by the battery life. The phone seems to drain very fast, much faster than what many have said about this type of device, and certainly much faster than my KeyOne Silver Edition. I am getting basically same battery life as my S8+, so enough to get through the day, but no more. My Silver phone could basically go for two days.

Note that I am running the moist current update, AAP683. Also, I have a stable Wi-Fi and mobile connection.

A screenshot as to what is eating up your battery would be helpful

Posted via CB10
    10-29-17 02:15 AM
    Did you set up as new or restore from your Silver KEYone? If you restored, how did you do it? Just Google or a combo of Google and BlackBerry Content Transfer?
    10-29-17 02:26 AM
    A screenshot as to what is eating up your battery would be helpful

Posted via CB10
    I just started monitoring with GSam Pro. See screenshot at the end of this post.

Did you set up as new or restore from your Silver KEYone? If you restored, how did you do it? Just Google or a combo of Google and BlackBerry Content Transfer?
    Set up as new. I only transferred my text messages from the S8+ via content transfer.
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone Black Edition Bad Battery Life-screenshot_20171029-002848.jpg   KEYone Black Edition Bad Battery Life-screenshot_20171029-002827.jpg   KEYone Black Edition Bad Battery Life-screenshot_20171029-002838.jpg  
    10-29-17 02:33 AM
    What's Samsung Internet beta doing on the device that's eating it up?

I have the same device as you build date Sept 14 and have a bit better battery than the silver maybe due the better ram management???

Why don't you factory reset and run it for a day or so before transferring the texts.
    10-29-17 11:36 AM
    What's Samsung Internet beta doing on the device that's eating it up?

I have the same device as you build date Sept 14 and have a bit better battery than the silver maybe due the better ram management???

Why don't you factory reset and run it for a day or so before transferring the texts.
    I had a feeling this was going to come up. The screenshot is deceiving. Kernel (Android OS) is actually the largest consumer in the app list. I've been monitoring this issue over multiple days and it is always Kernel (Android OS) that comes out on top by a decent margin. I use and will continue to use the Samsung Browser because it is the best Android-based browser. It offers full functionality of Chrome with some enhancements as well as bookmark sync, along with full ad blocking functionality.

If I don't see an improvement I will likely have to do a factory reset and start from scratch again. I am leaving on a business trip in a few days so I'm not going to bother right now since it takes forever to get the device to the required level.

If there are any other ideas or anybody that has observed anything with their KeyOne Black Edition please chime in.
    10-29-17 12:42 PM
    I have had amazing battery life on my black K1 but I don't use the Samsung browser. I can go about a week between charges even using my phone every day. I assume you have the adaptive brightness for your display set to ON?

If I were you, I'd try uninstalling the Samsung browser and use another one (try Firefox focus for ad blocking) and see if the battery life improves.
    10-29-17 10:25 PM
    I agree. I have the S7 Edge and think the Samsung browser is absolutely terrible. I reccomend Keyboard Browser (made by a fellow CrackBerrian) for KEYone users, and Firefox. You can download plugins for Firefox like fully featured Ad Blockers (Ublock Origin is best). Youll save a few percents and maybe have a better browsing experience? You may have a defective device as well.
    10-29-17 10:31 PM
    I just started monitoring with GSam Pro. See screenshot at the end of this post.

Set up as new. I only transferred my text messages from the S8+ via content transfer.
    How did you enable more stats on keyone?? How did you make ADB work?
    12-20-17 01:42 AM
    How did you enable more stats on keyone?? How did you make ADB work?
    The dev recently updated the app after a long, long time, to address some of the issues that were causing “More Stats” permissions to revert back to no permission. If you have Gsam Pro now you just have to follow the exact instructions provided in the app. Before you do that though you will need to download and install Minimal ADB from XDA. Ypu also have to have USB Debugging enabled in developer options on the KeyOne and you must be connected via USB in content transfer mode (charge only won’t work). Here is the link for Minimal ADB on XDA https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2317790

Once the above is installed, debugging is enabled and you’re connected to the computer in content transfer mode you simply need to start an ADB shell (shortcut should have been installed by the Minimal ADB installer) and type “start server” (without quotes), then follow the remaining instructions in Gsam Pro.
    12-20-17 01:56 AM
    The dev recently updated the app after a long, long time, to address some of the issues that were causing “More Stats” permissions to revert back to no permission. If you have Gsam Pro now you just have to follow the exact instructions provided in the app. Before you do that though you will need to download and install Minimal ADB from XDA. Ypu also have to have USB Debugging enabled in developer options on the KeyOne and you must be connected via USB in content transfer mode (charge only won’t work). Here is the link for Minimal ADB on XDA https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2317790

Once the above is installed, debugging is enabled and you’re connected to the computer in content transfer mode you simply need to start an ADB shell (shortcut should have been installed by the Minimal ADB installer) and type “start server” (without quotes), then follow the remaining instructions in Gsam Pro.
    Thanks a lot, I did try this, but my device was not being read , will try again though after upgrading to pro, m on free version only right now....
    12-20-17 02:06 AM