Hello, everyone!

I have owned a KeyOne Black Edition before I moved on to Key2 black. Now my key2 has developed some problems. So, I am considering buying another KeyOne with better specs than those of the silver edition.

Has anyone of you owned each of these editions (black and bronze)? Or have you had a chance to see them in person? If so, which one looks and works better than the other? Which would you recommend today? I don't mind the pricing; I just want a better-looking and working KeyOne as my key2 feels like it needs some rest.

Your help is welcome. Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Lionel Passport; 10-28-19 at 10:31 AM.
    10-28-19 09:28 AM
    which one looks and works better than the other? Which would you recommend today?
    The Bronze is intended for the UK and other European countries, and will give good 4G LTE performance there. It does look sharp and it would be my daily driver if I lived in the UK. However, in North America it may not find an LTE band that it can connect to depending on location.
    10-28-19 09:44 AM
    I owned both the Black and Bronze editions, actually I've owned all color variants of the KEYone.

The Black Edition (64GB BBB100-1/BBB100-2) and Bronze Edition (BBB100-5) feel exactly the same in use.

Except, one has dual sim and the other is single sim.

Stay FAR away from the Indian dual sim BBB100-7.

They're both nice devices, but I'd take the Black unless you NEED the dual sim function, and that's mostly because TCL was too cheap to paint in Bronze the frets on the Bronze Edition.
    10-28-19 09:47 AM
    "Stay FAR away from the Indian dual sim BBB100-7."

I was using this variant in Africa, Mozambique. I had no issue. And it was dual sim.
    10-28-19 10:03 AM
    I owned both the Black and Bronze editions, actually I've owned all color variants of the KEYone.

The Black Edition (64GB BBB100-1/BBB100-2) and Bronze Edition (BBB100-5) feel exactly the same in use.

Except, one has dual sim and the other is single sim.

Stay FAR away from the Indian dual sim BBB100-7.

They're both nice devices, but I'd take the Black unless you NEED the dual sim function, and that's mostly because TCL was too cheap to paint in Bronze the frets on the Bronze Edition.
    Like I said, I was using the Indian variant in Africa, Mozambique; I had no issue whatsoever.

I have never used the KeyOne black you are talking about—the variant you recommend. Did it serve you well? Was it dual sim? Is it available on Amazon? If not, where then?

Do you mean the black looks better than the bronze on the KeyOne? Thanks.
    10-28-19 10:09 AM
    Like I said, I was using the Indian variant in Africa, Mozambique; I had no issue whatsoever.

I have never used the KeyOne black you are talking about—the variant you recommend. Did it serve you well? Was it dual sim? Is it available on Amazon? If not, where then?

Do you mean the black looks better than the bronze on the KeyOne? Thanks.
    The main reason I say to stay away from the dual SIM BBB100-7 is because of the stupid "triple tap the power button calls emergency 112 feature".

I briefly owned that one and sold it because of that.

My favorite KEYone is the Black Edition BBB100-1 (or -2) however it is single SIM only.

And yes aesthetically the Black one is the nicest looking
    10-28-19 10:12 AM
    The main reason I say to stay away from the dual SIM BBB100-7 is because of the stupid "triple tap the power button calls emergency 112 feature".

I briefly owned that one and sold it because of that.

My favorite KEYone is the Black Edition BBB100-1 (or -2) however it is single SIM only.

And yes aesthetically the Black one is the nicest looking
    Good to hear the black is the nicest looking. Perhaps, I should go black again.

Actually, it's my first time hearing there has been a single sim black KeyOne with better specs than those of the original.

I never tried the triple tap. Had I, maybe I would have faced the same, annoying issue.

Where to purchase this KeyOne now?
    10-28-19 10:24 AM
    I am using black edition and am using
    -7 as I have no choice in INDIA.
    I am very much satisfied with the dual SIM BlackBerry keyone black edition.
    looks premium and feel too.
    11-02-19 12:24 PM
    Good to hear you are happy with your KeyOne black edition in India. I hope somebody using bronze edition hops in and share his experience as well.
    11-04-19 10:27 AM
    I've had the BBB100-7 for 2 years in New Zealand and traveled through Asia, the US and Canada and have never missed a beat in terms of coverage or the phone running snappily. I came from one of the silver editions.

This is the first I've heard of the triple tap 112 feature - but it makes a lot of sense when I am holding the phone and fitdgeting I often then hear that it has called 112.

Is it definitely known that there isn't a way to disable this? It's a liability!
    11-07-19 12:22 PM
    I've had the BBB100-7 for 2 years in New Zealand and traveled through Asia, the US and Canada and have never missed a beat in terms of coverage or the phone running snappily. I came from one of the silver editions.

This is the first I've heard of the triple tap 112 feature - but it makes a lot of sense when I am holding the phone and fitdgeting I often then hear that it has called 112.

Is it definitely known that there isn't a way to disable this? It's a liability!
    Good to hear that you never missed a bit in terms of coverage or the KeyOne running snappily; maybe that's enough reason for me to purchase this phone again.

When I was using the BlackBerry KeyOne black edition, I never noticed that issue of triple tap. Actually, I was very happy using this phone months ago.
    11-07-19 02:31 PM
    I have the NA silver KEYone, the India KEYone black edition and the bronze KEYone with the Cyrillic keyboard. The bronze was by far my favourite based on how slick it looked. I live in Toronto, Canada and had no issues with either the India black nor the bronze getting LTE from both of my carriers (had Rogers and Bell in the dual SIM tray) and also had no troubles with the phone when travelling (I was all over the U.S. and the Caribbean).
    11-07-19 02:40 PM

Emergency call feature cannot be disabled as it’s legally required as-is for intended market. Since device OEM can only sell in that market, disable ability wouldn’t be smart move since it can only be a liability for OEM forever.
    11-07-19 02:40 PM
    Emergency call feature cannot be disabled as it’s legally required as-is for intended market. Since device OEM can only sell in that market, disable ability wouldn’t be smart move since it can only be a liability for OEM forever.
    Thanks Chuck that all makes sense. Frustrating! I'll be looking for another model soon I think then, it's a shame it's inbuilt and can't be disabled but I understand why.
    11-07-19 04:09 PM