Hi everyone,
    I took my KeyOne black in to a local repair shop to have the battery changed, when I collected it I found the WiFi is not working, Could anyone explain what could be the cause. Is the antenna connection in the back of the phone on is it on the top, which was "cleaned" in front of me with a pointed tweezers?
    I contacted TCL who deal with the European version of the phone asking for some help and this is the reply -

"I was advised that we are unable to provide information regarding repairs since they can only be offered by the repair centre technicians.
    What I can offer you is a repair at our authorized repair centre in Ashford, Kent. If you want to, I can submit the booking for your repair and you can have the device shipped to the repair centre.
    However, since an unauthorized repair was performed by a third party repair shop, depending on what they did with the phone, it could now be deemed unrepairable by our repair centre. In which case, you can have the phone back unrepaired after paying the 14 pounds return fee."

Any help would be gratefully received, apart from saying throw it in the bin.

Thanks in advance.
    10-08-20 09:15 AM
    If the cellular network still works perfect and it's only the Wi-Fi that's not working no matter which Wi-Fi network you try to connect it to, then I guess the phone is still worth something.

I'm not sure if those damaged parts are part of the motherboard but I guess you could look around on eBay to see if someone sells a KEYone motherboard assembly for cheap.

Aside from that, the repair shop that swapped your battery should refund you the cost of the swap if they damaged something in the process.
    10-08-20 11:57 AM
    Hi everyone,
    I took my KeyOne black in to a local repair shop to have the battery changed, when I collected it I found the WiFi is not working, Could anyone explain what could be the cause. Is the antenna connection in the back of the phone on is it on the top, which was "cleaned" in front of me with a pointed tweezers?
    I contacted TCL who deal with the European version of the phone asking for some help and this is the reply -

"I was advised that we are unable to provide information regarding repairs since they can only be offered by the repair centre technicians.
    What I can offer you is a repair at our authorized repair centre in Ashford, Kent. If you want to, I can submit the booking for your repair and you can have the device shipped to the repair centre.
    However, since an unauthorized repair was performed by a third party repair shop, depending on what they did with the phone, it could now be deemed unrepairable by our repair centre. In which case, you can have the phone back unrepaired after paying the 14 pounds return fee."

Any help would be gratefully received, apart from saying throw it in the bin.

Thanks in advance.
    TCL response is the same for anything ever opened by anyone else. Take it back to shop that broke it and perhaps forgot to connect something or take it to different repair shop. Apart from that, buying another device on whatever site you can find a reputable deal.
    10-08-20 12:14 PM
    It sounds like they either forgot to plug the WiFi antenna back in, or they didn't seat the connector properly. It could be something worse (broken/cut antenna cable, motherboard damage, etc.), but it's likely that they disconnected the cable as part of disassembly and didn't get it back together correctly. In which case, it should be a fairly simple fix, and most phone repair shops could probably fix it for you while you wait (perhaps with an appointment).
    10-09-20 02:36 PM