KEYone is the best BlackBerry ever (hardware speaking) but my God Android is completely unusable! Let's put aside the multiple notifications, widgets, pop ups etc. How does one get their iTunes and iPhoto onto their phone?! I have tried and failed to find any free syncing application, is this something you have to pay for on Android? All I'm looking for is some kind of BlackBerry Link equivalent application. Help please!
    1LuckyGuy likes this.
    05-01-17 05:29 PM
    Android … iTunes … iPhoto … BlackBerry Link
    I'm thinking you're mixing something up here… talking about 3 different systems.

Just a hint: Android is meant to be used with a Google account. And then it's photos.google.com and music.google.com which both can automatically be synced with a phone. And if you don't want to use a Google account, feel free to use any other syncing app like e.g. Dropbox, Syncthing or simply copy the files via USB.
    Barbareren likes this.
    05-01-17 05:37 PM
    iTunes: How to get your iTunes music onto Android | Android Central
    iPhoto: Ditch it, switch to Google Photos and change your life forever by not being tied to iPhoto.
    05-01-17 05:39 PM
    I'm thinking you're mixing something up here… talking about 3 different systems.

Just a hint: Android is meant to be used with a Google account. And then it's photos.google.com and music.google.com which both can automatically be synced with a phone. And if you don't want to use a Google account, feel free to use any other syncing app like e.g. Dropbox, Syncthing or simply copy the files via USB.
    Ditto! Apple does restrict you and does not let third parties easily synch data with their cloud offerings.
    Android on the other hand is open from that perspective but you still are tightly coupled with Google ecosystem, if you want to get the most of it.

For me, when I was using iPhone, I ensured I had Google Photo backing up my photos and videos, which was a pain to do as iOS wouldn't let you make the app run in the background for long.

Now I'm back on Android and with KeyOne, everything is back to normal.
    bold007 likes this.
    05-01-17 05:43 PM
    But.. I rather pay Apple so I can store photos on it for no reason even though I can store on google for free and the KEYone can support 2TB SD card...
    05-01-17 05:55 PM
    I cross over between IOS and Android quite often and I have google photos synced to my iCloud photos and I use gmail on both devices so all my contacts and emails are synced on both operating systems.

When I decide to switch back to Android as I will when I get he Keyone, everything syncs up and the only thing I miss is my notes app on IOS, but I also copy the same notes over to google keep and I am good as gold.

Seems like a lot of work, but once you set everything up, it works like a charm and I can switch between Android and IOS without any issues.

The only downside of switching to Android is setting up my home screen again where with IOS backup, you simply restore and it puts you device exactly as the last time you did a backup.
    05-01-17 06:03 PM
    Thanks for all the responses so far, I know it's 2017 and all, BUT is it not possible to sync all the music and photos on my laptop without the need for a cloud service!?!
    bakron1 likes this.
    05-01-17 06:06 PM
    KEYone is the best BlackBerry ever (hardware speaking) but my God Android is completely unusable! Let's put aside the multiple notifications, widgets, pop ups etc. How does one get their iTunes and iPhoto onto their phone?! I have tried and failed to find any free syncing application, is this something you have to pay for on Android? All I'm looking for is some kind of BlackBerry Link equivalent application. Help please!
    First of all it a new operating system so learn it. Super easy! You can turn notifications off in each app. Go into settings > apps
    Next, here is how to get music from iTunes into Google Play Music

http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-2327...ogle-play.html

For iphotos
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 05-01-17 at 06:19 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-01-17 06:08 PM
    First of all it a new operating system so learn it. Super easy! You can turn notifications off in each app. Go into settings > apps
    Next, here is how to get music from iTunes into Google Play Music

http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-2327...ogle-play.html

For iphotos
    A new operating system?! No way, I had no idea, thanks so much!
    05-01-17 06:24 PM
    A new operating system?! No way, I had no idea, thanks so much!
    Wow, your OP was like you had no clue or that you were too lazy to research yourself. Sorry we all tried to help. Go back to Crapple and BB10 or actually get off your arse and read the manual.
    05-01-17 06:27 PM
    Thanks for all the responses so far, I know it's 2017 and all, BUT is it not possible to sync all the music and photos on my laptop without the need for a cloud service!?!
    Sure, do it all manually. All you need is 10 mins, a computer, an SD card and the ability to copy/paste. To be honest, that's my preferred method of doing stuff but so many people usually want all the other suggestions.
    brian4591, Ecm and bakron1 like this.
    05-01-17 06:34 PM
    Anyone had issues streaming music? Mine lags and it's not the Internet or wifi
    05-01-17 06:45 PM
    Sure, do it all manually. All you need is 10 mins, a computer, an SD card and the ability to copy/paste. To be honest, that's my preferred method of doing stuff but so many people usually want all the other suggestions.
    I would totally do this but when I connect my KEYone to my computer no external drives appear, that is despite me selecting the charge and data option.
    05-01-17 06:52 PM
    I would totally do this but when I connect my KEYone to my computer no external drives appear, that is despite me selecting the charge and data option.
    What OS on your computer? And have you enabled the transfer methods by swiping from the top?

KEYone is the best BlackBerry ever BUT...-usb_options_in_android_marshmallow__options.jpg
    05-01-17 06:52 PM
    Wow, your OP was like you had no clue or that you were too lazy to research yourself. Sorry we all tried to help. Go back to Crapple and BB10 or actually get off your arse and read the manual.
    Thanks, off to read my manual. Lol.
    05-01-17 06:53 PM
    What OS on your computer? And have you enabled the transfer methods by swiping from the top?
    I'm running the latest Mac, also the transfer methods from the top don't do anything. I select transfer files and nothing happens.
    05-01-17 06:58 PM
    I'm running the latest Mac, also the transfer methods from the top don't do anything. I select transfer files and nothing happens.
    Then you limited your options (Note how the issues you're having all revolve around Apple lol) as noted on the link I gave you earlier for transferring music.

https://www.android.com/filetransfer/

Once that is installed, the swipe down options will actually do something and you'll be able to transfer files to the internal memory as well as any SD Card you may have installed.
    05-01-17 06:59 PM
    Thanks, off to read my manual. Lol.
    Yes, Since apparently Google Search is a challenge
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 05-01-17 at 07:20 PM.
    05-01-17 07:02 PM
    The only downside of switching to Android is setting up my home screen again where with IOS backup, you simply restore and it puts you device exactly as the last time you did a backup.
    No, it works fine for Android as well. Version 6, anyway. Everything is where it belongs.

Now, many prefs and all your passwords need to be reset when you restore from Google's cloud backup. That's where a manufacturer-specific desktop program comes in. LG's software quite literally restores it perfectly; after restore, it's 100% usable. That's why I wish TCL provided a desktop software package.
    bakron1 likes this.
    05-01-17 07:06 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USB_options_in_Android_Marshmallow__options.jpg 
Views:	536 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	422300
    Maybe silly question, but...

If I select MTP for example, will it stop charging the phone? What about I want to transfer files AND photos at the same time I plug it in? Will selecting MTP block all others?

Questions from a BB10 user, never had Android so apologies if the question comes across stupid.

Posted via CB10
    brian4591 likes this.
    05-02-17 07:03 AM
    This isn't a stab at Apple but rather factual: Macs are designed to work seamlessly with other Apple products, but they don't necessarily offer the simplest way to connect and sync devices from other manufacturers.

Android, usually does... the challenges you are facing are not specific to the KEYone. You might find good solutions from other Mac users who don't also use iPhones (a small minority, I'm sure).

Regardless, there is a way to do what you want. It's just not how you are used to doing it in the past.
    05-02-17 08:32 AM

If I select MTP for example, will it stop charging the phone? What about I want to transfer files AND photos at the same time I plug it in? Will selecting MTP block all others?

Questions from a BB10 user, never had Android so apologies if the question comes across stupid.

Posted via CB10
    No. It will still charge, but it will allow you to transfer files.
    05-02-17 08:49 AM

If you select File Transfer, it should still keep charging. You can verify this by looking for the lightening bolt inside the battery icon at the top of your screen.

With MTP it is just like having a USB drive connected. You need to locate the folder with the files you want to transfer and then drag and drop them to copy them.
    05-02-17 08:57 AM
    iTunes: How to get your iTunes music onto Android | Android Central
    iPhoto: Ditch it, switch to Google Photos and change your life forever by not being tied to iPhoto.
    Exactly. Stop trying to get an Apple system to work on your Google system... Google has their own version of it, you'll just have to switch to it...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-02-17 09:16 AM
    I would disagree that Android is unusable. At times it can be confusing but that is due to a lack of familiarity.

I came from a Passport to a Priv. When I first tried a Priv at the store, it was very frustrating. Even something as simple as the three navigation buttons was confusing; the triangle, the circle and the square. Each seems to do the same thing, but they are very different.

I contacted a friend who develops and is a techie who migrated from BlackBerry to Android. He helped me a lot. What I came to realize is that Android reminds me of the old BBOS and the freedom to customize. Gradually thru trial and error and the guidance of my friend, I was able to gain proficiency pretty quickly.

Now I am comfortable in BlackDroid land and will not be returning to BB10. I like the apps that work like they are supposed to without all the work around, I like the customization, I love the BlackBerry Suite of apps. When I periodically go back to my Passport, it feels so limited.

I am not denigrating the bb10 OS. I loved it's power and security, but the disadvantage is some apps I needed for work and for personal use just would not work or would work in a limited way.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-02-17 09:33 AM
29 12