Ok, two months into using the keyone daily (from a priv) and I must say this is the best balanced phone with respect to price, processing power and ease of use.

Yes there are many that spew negative comments about the phone but I believe a large portion of those comments can be disregarded as either from trolls or armchair reviewers who have never even seen or touched the keyone in person.

For a mid-ranged processor, the phone works very well for me. All apps open quick and are responsive. I don't play games so can't comment there. Unlike my PRIV, this phone runs maps and other social media apps with no drama. No heat issues and definitely no lag.

The physical keypad is fantastic! No complains. The button press and feedback is positive and precise.

People complain about the screen and how it's not as good as the priv or other phones in the same price range. Well they are correct... but that is not to say the keyone screen is terrible. Use the keyone daily and see if the lesser screen of the keyone is an issue. I dare say it is not. Besides, with tremendous battery life, the phone works longer meaning you can actually use the screen versus those other phones that are either out of charge or close to. What's the point of a higher resolution screen when you have no power left to use it.

Camera is more than adequate. It's really good for a camera phone. If you need a better photo, use an actual camera. I don't care what phone manufacturer claims, no phone will take a photo as good as a cheaper point and shoot. It's about sensor size and cmon, phone sensors are tiny.

The cost of the phone is good IMO. It's half the price of an iPhone x and since most people change their phones in 2 year cycles, this means for the price of an iPhone x, you can change your phone twice!

Bottom line, I'm happy with the keyone and encourage those on the fence to try one. You won't regret it.
    Adam Frix, FF22 and phuoc like this.
    01-12-18 05:25 PM
    I agree with you completely. I just got a Motion (changed carriers and couldn't resist getting one for $0.00 down), I'm not knocking the Motion, it's a great phone, but I have had to go back to the KeyOne. I just can't use a virtual keyboard after using the physical one. For video and gaming I'm sure the Motion might be a bit better screen and processor wise, but since I don't do either of those things, the K1 's for me. I was planning on keeping the Motion and selling the K1 but have changed my mind.
    01-12-18 05:46 PM
    I agree with you completely. I just got a Motion (changed carriers and couldn't resist getting one for $0.00 down), I'm not knocking the Motion, it's a great phone, but I have had to go back to the KeyOne. I just can't use a virtual keyboard after using the physical one. For video and gaming I'm sure the Motion might be a bit better screen and processor wise, but since I don't do either of those things, the K1 's for me. I was planning on keeping the Motion and selling the K1 but have changed my mind.
    Who has the Motion for ZERO down?
    01-12-18 08:21 PM
    I am starting to have some lag but not frequently. Overall, it's solid phone. A brilliant All-Rounder (minus games).
    01-13-18 02:53 AM
    Who has the Motion for ZERO down?
    Both Bell and Telus have the Motion and KeyOne available for $0.00 down on a two year plan. It’s on their websites. I live in British Columbia Canada, so can’t speak for other places.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-13-18 10:45 AM
    Well to be honest. Keyone is the best phone I have ever used. I just want BlackBerry Mobile to correct one-two issues so that the experience is even better.
    1. Uneven keyboard lighting.
    2. On-screen android buttons.
    3. OLED/AMOLED display (even less power consumption)
    4. Release a roadmap. So that we know there will be keyone successor and a motion successor every year. No surprises that would upset the fans.

Any additional features to the above listed will be icing on top.
    1. Dual or better speaker
    2. Better DAC
    3. Wireless charging
    4. Make the keyboard chin silver also.
    5. Make the silver available for the better configuration also. Just add a new choice for the premium.
    01-13-18 11:36 AM
    All good points to make a good phone even better.

I'm split on the wireless charging thing. The QC3 is so fast and the battery lasts to long I don't really think we are missing much with wireless charging.
    01-13-18 12:24 PM
    The KEYone Is a great phone for me for everything except 1) email and messaging and 2) downloaded music. My Z10 and Passport are much better at those two functions.

Unfortunately, those two functions comprise 90% of my work, so the KEYone hasn't yet earned a place as my daily driver. However, that's simply because I don't need many Android apps, and BlackBerry's Hub is still better on BB10 than Android (for the limited communications it supports.)

But I couldn't be happier with my KEYone, and I agree it's features and specs are a great balance.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    01-13-18 12:36 PM
    All good points to make a good phone even better.

I'm split on the wireless charging thing. The QC3 is so fast and the battery lasts to long I don't really think we are missing much with wireless charging.
    I agree but the feature is included with all the new cars. Even though I don't have a car with wireless charging I think the idea is nice.
    01-13-18 01:14 PM
    I agree but the feature is included with all the new cars. Even though I don't have a car with wireless charging I think the idea is nice.
    True it's intriguing the feature is now avail in new cars. Wonder how they get around compatibility issues with apple and Android phones using seemingly different chargers.
    01-13-18 03:21 PM