I'm honestly not being flip, but what determines what a "Flagship is?
    Is it the features, the top of the line specifications or the asking price.
    Or does the Flagship moniker justify the asking price.
    Because there were other Mid-range devices by other manufacturers announced at MWC with similar specs, but at a lower price point. Nokia has entered the Android market with the Nokia 6. And there's more with the Moto G5, G6 to the Huawei P10, with similar or better specs with the same or higher pricing, but they'll be financed through a carrier.
    These are a wide range of phones with similar specs or better, competing for the same customers. So again, why not maximize the sales potential in a crowded market with a good device at a competitive price?
    Price it to sell" NOW", not 2-6 months from now when it goes on sale.

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    02-27-17 01:12 PM
    It all boils down to Keyboard, lots of other options that are cheaper with the same SD625 but none of them have a Keyboard. If Keyboard isn`t a priority then lots of options out there.
    02-27-17 01:19 PM
    I'm honestly not being flip, but what determines what a "Flagship is?...
    It all depends who you ask, and for some people "Flagship" status seems to be a main requirement.
    02-27-17 01:27 PM
    It all boils down to Keyboard, lots of other options that are cheaper with the same SD625 but none of them have a Keyboard. If Keyboard isn`t a priority then lots of options out there.
    That's goes to the point of maximizing sales success potential by not relying on one major benefit. Because, similar to what your saying; there are those who might appreciate the benefits of the Keyone, but the PBK might not be one of them. And the difference in the Price Point between one device and the Keyone might be the deal breaker.
    It looks to be a good product, but who other than the BlackBerry Faithful, will take a chance on device produced by a company with so much uncertainty.
    I have the PPSE and as much as I love it, I know not every Man Lives By the Keyboard Alone. So pricing does matters in such a competitive industry, if you truly want to sell units .

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    02-27-17 02:39 PM
    A flagship is literally what device you want to pin your reputation on. It's the manufacturer's proudest achievement, and how they want to represent the brand.
    rttstr likes this.
    02-27-17 02:45 PM
    That's goes to the point of maximizing sales success potential by not relying on one major benefit. Because, similar to what your saying; there are those who might appreciate the benefits of the Keyone, but the PBK might not be one of them. And the difference in the Price Point between one device and the Keyone might be the deal breaker.
    It looks to be a good product, but who other than the BlackBerry Faithful, will take a chance on device produced by a company with so much uncertainty.
    I have the PPSE and as much as I love it, I know not every Man Lives By the Keyboard Alone. So pricing does matters in such a competitive industry, if you truly want to sell units .

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    It's name is KEYone, but what other benefits does it have that someone would want that's not the Keyboard? Like anyone buying this is buying for the keyboard, if they ain't interested in that there will be future devices.
    02-27-17 04:06 PM