Does anyone know if we've reached the 2 year end of support for patches / updates on the KeyOne?
    04-21-19 08:11 AM
    Does anyone know if we've reached the 2 year end of support for patches / updates on the KeyOne?
    Are patches/updates two years or three years on KEYone and later devices?
    04-21-19 08:17 AM
    BBMo devices are part of the Android Recommended Program, which requires at least one letter upgrade and three years of security patches.

I guess we'll see soon enough if BBMo intends to hold to that commitment.
    Grungni likes this.
    04-21-19 08:30 AM
    Thanks folks. I thought they committed to 2 years.
    04-21-19 08:47 AM
    BBMo devices are part of the Android Recommended Program, which requires at least one letter upgrade and three years of security patches.

They've already whiffed the letter upgrade (just ask BBB100-3/Indonesia BBB100-7 users), so it remains to be seen if three years of security patches is similarly fragmented.
    04-21-19 12:24 PM
    They've already whiffed the letter upgrade (just ask BBB100-3/Indonesia BBB100-7 users), so it remains to be seen if three years of security patches is similarly fragmented.
    Well, Verizon, Optiemus and BB PT Merah Putih sure have anyway.
    bh7171 likes this.
    04-21-19 12:37 PM
    What I do know is DTEK is showing up as red for my Feb 5 security patch.
    04-21-19 12:42 PM
    mines fine
    04-21-19 12:50 PM

I am expecting the 3 years of security updates since it was part of the Recommended Program. I have an unlocked device (silver KEYone).
    04-22-19 07:57 PM
    If BBMo were committed to three years.... their marketing for the KEY2 and KEy2 LE should have reflected that "change". Sadly I don't even see a two year commitment in their listings, much less talk of three years.

Still a chance it's just Roger's that has made a mistake or just cutting their own update costs...
    04-23-19 07:28 AM
    I'm focused on Hub functionality at present moreso than security updating.

In order to restore call logs and SMS logs in a contemporaneous format as before, I was compelled to downgrade the Hub services and Hub apps (inbox, hub+Services, tasks, calendar, contacts, notes) on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

**added: I found device search needs to be rolled back to August 2018 version on AppMirror... and don't forget to uncheck auto-update for that on GooglePlay too...

What I would care to know is whether this Beta series is a move to restore that functionality and to what extent it succeeds (or not).

That said, I will await some info in that regard.
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 04-26-19 at 03:00 PM.
    04-23-19 01:25 PM
    I'm focused on Hub functionality at present moreso than security updating.

In order to restore call logs and SMS logs in a contemporaneous format as before, I was compelled to downgrade the Hub services and Hub apps (all 5) on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

What I would care to know is whether this Beta series is a move to restore that functionality and to what extent it succeeds (or not).

That said, I will await some info in that regard.
    That functionality can't and won't be added back ever.
    04-23-19 02:03 PM
    Someone else said that the call logs had been added back in the new beta... I don't know.

SMS/MMS is another issue... all depends on if Google changes.
    04-23-19 02:24 PM
    I wonder if the -039 KEYone 4/64 will see anymore updates?
    04-23-19 02:29 PM
    Someone else said that the call logs had been added back in the new beta... I don't know.

SMS/MMS is another issue... all depends on if Google changes.
    Other devices may be brought up to par with the BlackBerry devices, but that's as far as it goes. Unless Google changes its mind it will remain as it is.
    04-23-19 02:31 PM
    I wonder if the -039 KEYone 4/64 will see anymore updates?
    At this point I think a lot of people are wondering.... Hope Bla1ze get's an answer soon.
    04-24-19 07:37 AM
    In that case, and given the likelihood Hub items will be embedded in the next update, I will stay frozen in the present for that array of apps (hub+ apps & hub services, contacts, calendar, tasks, inbox, notes) to which I have today added BlackBerry Keyboard to avoid loss of 3rd language capability.

Life in the tunnel...
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 04-24-19 at 01:11 PM.
    Soapm likes this.
    04-24-19 12:44 PM
    In that case, and given the likelihood Hub items will be embedded in the next update, I will stay frozen in the present for that array of apps (hub+ apps & hub services, contacts, calendar, tasks, inbox, notes) to which I have today added BlackBerry Keyboard to avoid loss of 3rd language capability.

Life in the tunnel...
    Never notice the rain when you live in a tunnel, I thank you for my tunnel...
    04-25-19 06:43 AM
    i still got security updates. Do you have any clues for Andoird Pie update?
    04-28-19 06:38 AM