So I've been browsing around here and the Key2 forum, from what I heard is that people managed to get the Key2 to work on Verizon after the release of the Key2 LE. And now with the Key2 being sold out and BBM's incompetency reaching new heights, I wanted to see if anyone's gotten the BB100-7 model to work with Verizon. I know about CDMAless Activation, as that's how I had my U11 activated. And thats how Unihertz explained to everyone that the Titan will work. The KeyOne Black Edition has all the supported bands for Verizon's LTE, that is bands 2,4,13, so it's just a matter of seeing whether anyone else has done it or not and what issues they encountered.

I've seen a few people say that it's worked but nothing besides that, which is why I am asking. I don't want to jump the gun if it's a moot point.
    Last edited by KOAO; 08-05-19 at 05:16 PM.
    08-05-19 03:37 PM
    So I jumped the gun and everything, and I can confirm that despite having the same LTE Bands, the 100-7 KeyOne will NOT work on Verizon.
    08-08-19 03:11 PM
    So I jumped the gun and everything, and I can confirm that despite having the same LTE Bands, the 100-7 KeyOne will NOT work on Verizon.
    Thanks for confirming that for others...
    08-08-19 03:18 PM
    Does that mean Titan will also have issues on VZW since it’s not certified?
    08-08-19 09:18 PM
    Still love seeing posts re: use of the BBB100-7.

To my knowledge it is still not possible.

Closest we came CB members) was accessing special menus thru various apps from the play store but certain sectors of the device are locked where they are not in the key2, which allows such provisioning. Ultimately the user agent string for the BBB100-7 is not recognized by any US carriers. Hence the the device cannot be recognized and activated to use for Verizon voice and data services.
    08-09-19 12:27 AM
    Still love seeing posts re: use of the BBB100-7.

To my knowledge it is still not possible.

Closest we came CB members) was accessing special menus thru various apps from the play store but certain sectors of the device are locked where they are not in the key2, which allows such provisioning. Ultimately the user agent string for the BBB100-7 is not recognized by any US carriers. Hence the the device cannot be recognized and activated to use for Verizon voice and data services.
    It has the same bands, and hoped for a hail Mary. But, that is a perfect explanation of why the 64GB KeyOne didn't work.

If I could find a Key2, I'd buy it now. But, it's out of stock and doesn't look like they are going to restock either.
    08-09-19 01:49 AM
    Does that mean Titan will also have issues on VZW since it’s not certified?
    I would hope not, since people reported it working with their Atom. The company will refund if it doesn't work with Verizon.
    08-09-19 01:49 AM
    I would hope not, since people reported it working with their Atom. The company will refund if it doesn't work with Verizon.
    That's just a sales ploy that costs Titan nothing compared to paying for VZW certification. I would assume the company isn't paying to certify since that would be cost prohibitive. I expect to use on VZW that you'll have to switch the SIM from another VZW certified device like people do with the Key2 and Key2 LE now.
    08-09-19 06:47 AM
    That's just a sales ploy that costs Titan nothing compared to paying for VZW certification. I would assume the company isn't paying to certify since that would be cost prohibitive. I expect to use on VZW that you'll have to switch the SIM from another VZW certified device like people do with the Key2 and Key2 LE now.
    Yeah, that's exactly how it's expected to work. CDMAless activation and an active Sim.
    08-09-19 12:49 PM
    Yeah, that's exactly how it's expected to work. CDMAless activation and an active Sim.
    From different mainstream certified device and hope no automatic IMEI check. VZW always bugs me how they could later block device.

VZW loves unlocked hardware as long as you purchase from them.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-09-19 01:03 PM
    From different mainstream certified device and hope no automatic IMEI check. VZW always bugs me how they could later block device.

VZW loves unlocked hardware as long as you purchase from them.
    I would have assumed, with the LTE spectrum they won (I believe C Block) they should not be so strict with this. If the band's match then the device should work. But that's not the case at all.
    08-09-19 01:06 PM
    I would have assumed, with the LTE spectrum they won (I believe C Block) they should not be so strict with this. If the band's match then the device should work. But that's not the case at all.
    Even with CDMAless status VZW can’t shake the DNA and it’s accompanied behavior...

AT&T or T-Mobile both seem to offer the ability to drop a SIM in for basic and some enhanced features depending on the device.
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 08-09-19 at 01:54 PM.
    08-09-19 01:11 PM
    Even with CDMAless status VZW can’t shake the DNA and it’s accompanied behavior...
    There are some indications that 5G might allow them to revert back to pre net neutrality requirements.

The dream of one phone that works everywhere....
    portplayer likes this.
    08-09-19 01:16 PM
    As you may well know, because of the spectrum they won - VZW has to activate LTE data for any 4G LTE device under the stratosphere. But that doesn’t mean they have to provision IMS services for any of those devices unfortunately.
    08-11-19 07:12 PM