Hello BB lovers. My finding on battery of KEYONE.

Day 1 - Only 3g & 2g
    10pm wire unplugged - 100% charged
    Next day 7am - 87%
    Worked throughout the morning, with whatsapp, calls, screen being on.
    2pm - 60%
    Then the further day is light as compared to morning, but still the phone being used.
    6:30pm - 37%
    8:45pm - 27%
    00:30 - 12%
    Thats the time i went to bed and put the phone on charge.

Day 2 - 4g & 3g
    7am - 100% charged
    Went to drop the kids to school, used maps, used youtube for 30mins, further morning at work with screen being used, calls, whatsapp continous.
    Had meeting between 2:30pm - 5:30pm so the phone was quiet.
    6pm - 50%
    9:30pm - 37%

So i survived my day with 4g & 3g.

Thats wow......What say guys...

Please share your findings.
    WT44, footnote and anon(10250369) like this.
    05-31-17 12:31 PM
    What was your screen-on time? I can barely get 5 hours with my current phone.
    05-31-17 01:01 PM

Day 1 - Only 3g & 2g
    Next day 7am - 87%
    2pm - 60%
    Then the further day is light as compared to morning, but still the phone being used.

Day 2 - 4g & 3g
    7am - 100% charged
    Went to drop the kids to school, used maps, used youtube for 30mins, further morning at work with screen being used, calls, whatsapp continous.
    6pm - 50%

How much screen time do you get on a full charge?
    05-31-17 01:02 PM
    Here is mine
    Attached Thumbnails KEYONE Battery - Super Insights!-6111.jpg  
    WT44 likes this.
    05-31-17 01:03 PM
    I have my screen brightness under half way, around the 30% mark. That will help battery.

The power app give you tips about what's draining your battery
    05-31-17 02:35 PM

Day 1 - Only 3g & 2g
    Next day 7am - 87%
    2pm - 60%

Day 2 - 4g & 3g
    7am - 100% charged
    6pm - 50%

Correct me anyone if I'm wrong but is this not comparable battery life to the Passport? Not saying it's not impressive, just trying to justify my move if I do from my Passport.

I would love to see a controlled comparison between the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and the Moto Z with a Mophie juice pack battery Mod.
    In the Moto Z is a 2600 mAh + 3150 mAh battery Mod = equaling 5750 mAh of total battery. Now I have a friend who uses his Moto Z constantly and he says that just the phone by itself he gets 6hrs roughly of use. Wish someone with the battery Mod would chime in and let us know what that's like.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 07:24 PM
    Correct me anyone if I'm wrong but is this not comparable battery life to the Passport? Not saying it's not impressive, just trying to justify my move if I do from my Passport.

I would love to see a controlled comparison between the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and the Moto Z with a Mophie juice pack battery Mod.
    In the Moto Z is a 2600 mAh + 3150 mAh battery Mod = equaling 5750 mAh of total battery. Now I have a friend who uses his Moto Z constantly and he says that just the phone by itself he gets 6hrs roughly of use. Wish someone with the battery Mod would chime in and let us know what that's like.

Posted via CB10
    I got 7 hours sot + 24 hours of idle with 15% left on the first day
    05-31-17 07:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    What battery Mod is he using because I have the battery mod and it only has 2220mAh of battery power. I know there are different versions of the Moto Z droid phones. I myself have the Moto Z Force Droid with a 3400mAh battery. I can easily get 8 plus hours on screen on time with the combined two. Just casually using my Moto Z for just texts, emails, and calls I went 2 days before I had to charge it
    05-31-17 08:39 PM
    What battery Mod is he using because I have the battery mod and it only has 2220mAh of battery power. I know there are different versions of the Moto Z droid phones. I myself have the Moto Z Force Droid with a 3400mAh battery. I can easily get 8 plus hours on screen on time with the combined two. Just casually using my Moto Z for just texts, emails, and calls I went 2 days before I had to charge it
    He does not have a battery Mod but would like to hear from people who do. The mod with 3150mAh is the Mophie Juice Pack.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 05-31-17 at 09:34 PM.
    05-31-17 09:10 PM
    Don't know about the passport, but I find the battery also just to be great, instead of "incredible". Looks like many people make the same observation, although some people really seem to get really impressive results.

I just like to invite any KEYone owners again to do a benchmark so that we can really compare battery times:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...hmark-1109757/
    06-01-17 01:25 AM
    Today's usage.
    Attached Thumbnails KEYONE Battery - Super Insights!-861.jpg  
    06-01-17 04:06 AM
    Today's usage
    Attached Thumbnails KEYONE Battery - Super Insights!-860.jpg  
    06-01-17 04:06 AM
    It's almost 12 hours of moderate use and I'm at 57%... I work 12 hours and my PRIV just barely makes it with moderate use.. I used Web browser, YouTube, Spotify, little bit of snapchat and Instagram whatsapp BBM etc... so far battery life is great
    06-01-17 04:28 AM
    Don't know about the passport, but I find the battery also just to be great, instead of "incredible". Looks like many people make the same observation, although some people really seem to get really impressive results.

I just like to invite any KEYone owners again to do a benchmark so that we can really compare battery times:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...hmark-1109757/
    This happens with every new phone that BlackBerry releases. You get people stating that the battery life is mind blowing, when in fact it's just good. Even with a crappy phone like the Z10, people were posting ridiculous battery claims and that phones battery was garbage. I'm sure the KEYOne is good but based on what I've seen I get similar if not better battery life from the iPhone 7 Plus and similar on my my one plus 3T.

Don't pay attention to what people post. People love to say I'm a "Heavy user" when In fact that doesn't mean anything. Their heavy usage might be someone else's moderate usage. It's all dependent on how each person uses their phone.
    06-01-17 08:55 AM
    Maybe it is just my BlackBerry KEYone, however, the Battery screen accessible via the pull-down status bar has More Settings and Done half cut-off at the bottom of the screen. Anyone else?
    06-01-17 09:12 AM
    Normal Charge Vs Boost Charge?
    The boost charge really works...But is there a negative side to using it often?

Also suppose my phone remains with 25 or 30% by the end of the day.
    Should i even charge it overnight or wait till next mid morning to reach below 10% for my next phone charge.

Share insights...
    Thanks.
    06-10-17 12:42 PM
    Your numbers seem to be running down a bit fast compared to mine. I'm surprised you are running all the way down in the course of a day, as I only seem to get about half way. Of course, usage varies. I'm on my second 48 hour test cycle this week (hopefully some good data to share tomorrow).
    06-10-17 12:53 PM
    I am on 4g/3g/2g mode and my Wifi is switched on all the time.
    I didnt charge last night and currently at 12noon my phone is at 14%

Advise people on boost charge or normal mode??
    06-11-17 02:36 AM
    I had the Z10, Z30, Passport and dteck60. none of them would make it through the day without charging. With the Keyone, I don't bother taking the charger to work. I use my phone for work, get home in the evening's and more than 50% battery
    06-11-17 02:52 AM
    Normal Charge Vs Boost Charge?
    The boost charge really works...But is there a negative side to using it often?

Also suppose my phone remains with 25 or 30% by the end of the day.
    Should i even charge it overnight or wait till next mid morning to reach below 10% for my next phone charge.

Share insights...
    Thanks.
    Hi, I would advise to charge at 25-30%, remember these are Lithium Batteries, that whole practice of letting it die died out with the Nokia 5110 etc... in the early 2000s with their Nickel–Metal Hydride batteries. Lithium Batteries like to stay charged up, letting them die and recharging it can cause long term damage if done constantly vs. Plugging it in at 5%.

Don't be scared to let it die but don't let it happen too often either, maybe once or twice a month let it completely drain.
    anon(10250369) likes this.
    06-11-17 03:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have a moto Z play droid. No battery mod.

Last edited by kbz1960; 06-11-17 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Add info
    06-11-17 06:40 AM
    Wow that is super amazing and Thank you . I am seriously looking at the Moto Z Play in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-11-17 06:56 AM