Guys,

Thoughts on this one please; over the last 24 hours my beloved KeyOne has suddenly started running the battery down very quickly. this is in the order of 50% in 2 hours. I have done all the usual reboots, checked services etc and can find nothing significant. Similarly I am not using the device any more than usual, running any new apps nor operating in any different location.

Any thoughts?

Richard
    07-08-19 09:04 AM
    Guys,

Thoughts on this one please; over the last 24 hours my beloved KeyOne has suddenly started running the battery down very quickly. this is in the order of 50% in 2 hours. I have done all the usual reboots, checked services etc and can find nothing significant. Similarly I am not using the device any more than usual, running any new apps nor operating in any different location.

Any thoughts?

Richard
    Have you checked app usage in your battery settings? Also the 3 dot on upper right of that page has option to check full device usage.
    07-08-19 09:12 AM
    Yes I would think there's a bad app in there.

I guess you can also try clearing the cache for the Google Play Services app.
    07-08-19 09:38 AM
    Thanks guys, "been there, done that". No change, but have noticed the device is now running hot, although everything is working as it should.
    07-08-19 10:10 AM
    Thanks guys, "been there, done that". No change, but have noticed the device is now running hot, although everything is working as it should.
    Are you one of those affected by the cell service outages that have hit Europe and North America? Have you had dropped calls, etc? It may be that your device is working overtime trying to find a connection.
    07-08-19 11:44 AM
    No not cell issues. have killed all non-essential apps and phone is starting to cool down. Will let it run for a while then reboot and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    07-08-19 02:47 PM
    try letting it go all the way down to 0, then wait 4 hours or so and then charge all the way up to 100. I had a similar issue. doing this seemed to re-calibrate the battery meter

Although the high temp is telling of processor load.
    07-08-19 03:06 PM
    is your phone trying to update? My phone has done that twice in the past, both times an incomplete update seemed to be the culprit.
    07-08-19 10:36 PM
    Sometimes a glitch in an app, or even the device itself will present itself. Most of the time, I find a reboot of the phone will help reset the problem. I've seen it in computers and phones over the years. Once, a problem in my ex-wife's phone blew thru 8 gigs if data and battery like you wouldn't imagine, in a short amount of time.
    07-09-19 10:24 AM
    The biggest power hog is the camera app (no matter if you use the stock or other app.)
    After use close the camera with the 'clear all' function.
    Otherwise the camera will continue to draw power even if not used.

Also go to the Power Center and close down non essential apps.
    07-09-19 08:04 PM