Had this phone for little over a month. With 1 hour and 32 minutes of screen on time, phone is now at 68%. I've noticed battery has seriously degraded over the past month.

So much for the awesome battery life.....

And yeah I don't care about all of you claiming awesome battery life. Doesn't help my case.
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone battery degraded-27823.jpg  
    mm2061 likes this.
    07-21-17 03:00 PM
    Had this phone for little over a month. With 1 hour and 32 minutes of screen on time, phone is now at 68%. I've noticed battery has seriously degraded over the past month.

And yeah I don't care about all of you claiming awesome battery life. Doesn't help my case.
    Maybe it's the os? I doubt the battery would degrade within a month unless it's defective.

Sounds more likely it's a system thing - maybe try a factory reset.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    07-21-17 03:16 PM
    Did you possibly install several apps in this time? Maybe some of them are running in the background.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    07-21-17 03:20 PM
    More than likely additional apps downloaded . Nothing has changed with android apps , regardless if you are using them on an android OS or sideloading them on bb10. Android apps are battery pigs
    07-21-17 03:23 PM
    Like others have said, apps likely the cause. try uninstalling starting with the most recent then see. For me FB was especially bad.
    07-21-17 03:27 PM
    Sounds like a rogue app is running a muck or you have a defective battery.

What apps have you installed this past month?
    07-21-17 03:43 PM
    Also, heat is the enemy when charging your battery. it shouldn't get hot while charging.
    07-21-17 03:44 PM
    Android apps are battery pigs
    Actually only poorly programmed Android apps are battery pigs. And two of those are e.g. Facebook and Snapchat.
    Wezard likes this.
    07-21-17 04:30 PM
    Actually only poorly programmed Android apps are battery pigs. And two of those are e.g. Facebook and Snapchat.
    Snapchat runs great on newer, higher end hardware, any using a 14nm or smaller SoC e.g. Qualcomm Snapdragon 820, 821, 835 and Samsung Exynos 7420, 8890, 8895 shouldn't see much problem or heat with Snapchat.

But Facebook remains lowkey resource intensive. It will not make the phone heat up, but it seems to have a tendency to sit in the background and keep the CPU going at higher clocks for longer, I believe this is to make it faster to launch.
    07-21-17 04:39 PM
    Facebook is continually watching what you do and sending it to Zuckerpig.... as does Messenger. There is plenty of evidence it roots around in the process list among other things. You pay both in what you thought was privacy AND battery life.
    anon(8679041) and Wezard like this.
    07-21-17 06:53 PM
    Facebook is continually watching what you do and sending it to Zuckerpig.... as does Messenger. There is plenty of evidence it roots around in the process list among other things. You pay both in what you thought was privacy AND battery life.
    This is true. On my S7...Facebook, Facebook Apps, Instagram, and WhatsAp are pre-loaded as system apps and are constantly using resources in the background...even if I haven't set them up at all! I ended up installing a paid bloatware removal tool to deactivate them, along with the rest of the Samsung bloatware I had no use for.
    07-21-17 07:27 PM
    it shouldn't matter - while it's plausible - its irrelevant - im guessing they had the same apps installed before the update when battery life was hard to kill - and after the update battery has gone to basic

I can concur I have experienced poor battery life compared to when I first got it with MORe apps installed - I literally have one app on this phone and disabled a lot of stuff anyways the point is battery life has changed with the latest update and don't get me started on no notification shouldnt have to keep apps in recent memory aka open just to get notifications this update was trash and not even the July update cures it it seems people have issues still....crap
    07-21-17 11:19 PM

I also have the phone for over a month and for me the battery seems to be getting better and better, less drain with more SOT. either way even with the issue you are experiencing the battery still holds much better than an iPhone or many other android devices out there ))
    07-22-17 01:54 AM
    try to verify that there aren't any apps ghosting in the background as with Android that's a huge battery drain!
    07-22-17 11:17 AM