Just wanted to know if this phone is as bad as some make out. I am in UK and would love to buy this phone, but if all the issues are as bad as some say, is it worth taking a chance? Would love an honest answer, no fanboy or hater bs, just the facts. Hope Blackberry Mobile is viewing this, don't want the hassle of getting the phone, finding a problem & trying to sort it out with Blackberry Mobile.
    08-17-17 08:19 AM
    You could ask if it's as good as some people say as well. I say it is.
    08-17-17 08:22 AM
    I am a fanboy but I'm not a rabid, blind one.

I have come from an iphone six and the move to keyone has been an incredibly positive experience.

If the iPhone 8 is as good as I think it's going to be, I might be tempted back but for now im loving this phone.
    rarsen and techvisor like this.
    08-17-17 08:28 AM
    It's not a bad device at all its just not up to Todays devices. Most complaints are user error and the screen lift. If you need a physical keyboard then get it if not move on to another device.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-17-17 08:29 AM
    Just wanted to know if this phone is as bad as some make out. I am in UK and would love to buy this phone, but if all the issues are as bad as some say, is it worth taking a chance? Would love an honest answer, no fanboy or hater bs, just the facts. Hope Blackberry Mobile is viewing this, don't want the hassle of getting the phone, finding a problem & trying to sort it out with Blackberry Mobile.
    It's a good phone with some issues. I'd wait a couple months just to make sure you get one without the screen lift issue or the bad reception issue
    08-17-17 08:36 AM
    It's not a bad device at all its just not up to Todays devices. Most complaints are user error and the screen lift. If you need a physical keyboard then get it if not move on to another device.
    I don't think it's a fair characterization to say that it's not up to today's devices. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ just offers a different set of features which includes a physical keyboard and an extremely long battery life. It's not a question of better or worse, just a different set of priorities.
    Mercuryuser, FF22 and DolemiteDONS like this.
    08-17-17 08:38 AM
    I don't think it's a fair characterization to say that it's not up to today's devices. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ just offers a different set of features which includes a physical keyboard and an extremely long battery life. It's not a question of better or worse, just a different set of priorities.
    Most higher end devices run much better than the keyone does by far. There is no comparison at all unfortunately BlackBerry keep the 2015 internals instead of today's.
    pinkvikchick likes this.
    08-17-17 08:41 AM
    Most higher end devices run much better than the keyone does by far. There is no comparison at all unfortunately BlackBerry keep the 2015 internals instead of today's.
    Everything in the KEYᵒⁿᵉ was current at launch time. It was just a question of different priorities.
    08-17-17 08:46 AM
    it's a great device
    08-17-17 08:48 AM
    Thanks for the replies, think I will hold off for a couple of months. I will be keeping an eye on this and other threads to see how it goes. I use 2 phones, so will get one over the next month or so and check back to see how BB KeyOne goes.
    08-17-17 08:50 AM
    My first BlackBerry so I'm no fanboy. I've had Samsung, HTC, iPhone , Sony and Moto previously. I wanted something different and I'm very pleased with choice. It has a 2015 processor with 2017 software for a reason - battery life. Bought mine in CWH UK five weeks ago and I've had no issues at all. It's as fast as I need it to be and I use it for everything that I've needed before phone calls - messaging - social media - YouTube - camera - calendar - surfing - flipboard etc etc - it's been faultless.
    FF22, DolemiteDONS and Dve3-Fl like this.
    08-17-17 08:58 AM
    I highly recommend you get one especially as the screen issue is pretty much behind, leaving no real dealbreaker with the KEYone. I'm really glad I sold my S7 which had some battery degradation already and took the plunge (even though I lightly taped mine since it might be a pre-fix model). Wouldn't think about going back to an all slab device now (Priv exempted).
    The specs while I can see why they bother some, it's more than satisfactory for me. I'll trade the few milliseconds of lag/app restart for a 1.5/2 day battery life any day, so very happy about the 625 + 3500 mAh they used.

For reference, I wouldn't call myself a fanboy, as the last BB I owned prior was a Bold 9900 back in 2012.
    08-17-17 09:07 AM
    Everything in the KEYᵒⁿᵉ was current at launch time. It was just a question of different priorities.
    Exactly.
    08-17-17 09:30 AM
    Sadly, it's a great device - for me at least.
    08-17-17 09:38 AM
    it is fast
    The charging is fast
    It feels like a toy
    It looks like a toy
    The display is sub-par
    There is no qi charge
    There is only one loudspeaker
    Volume output is OK
    Split screen feature is poor on small display
    The PKB is about the same as Priv but the inability to slide away becoming a slab is a detriment

conclusion: KEYᵒⁿᵉ is a toy

recommendation: make Priv2 with better functionality and updated OS ...better device by far
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    08-17-17 09:51 AM
    it is fast
    The charging is fast
    It feels like a toy
    It looks like a toy
    The display is sub-par
    There is no qi charge
    Volume output is OK
    The PKB is about the same as Priv but the inability to slide away becoming a slab is a detriment

recommendation: make Priv2 with better functionality and updated OS ...better device by far
    Feels like a toy, looks like a toy? Blackberry forums are very strange. Some of these reviews are so out there...very entertaining though
    rarsen likes this.
    08-17-17 09:54 AM
    it is fast
    The charging is fast
    It feels like a toy
    It looks like a toy
    The display is sub-par
    There is no qi charge
    Volume output is OK

LULZ
    08-17-17 10:08 AM
    My comment is from experience relayed. Your comment is pure schadenfreude ...
    08-17-17 10:15 AM
    I have used blackBerries since the torch and curve. I find it a great device, with a great keyboard, fast enough to do what I do on a phone, and I personally have found it to be solid. PS, I do not use a case, and no problems so far.
    08-17-17 10:16 AM
    It has a 2015 processor with 2017 software for a reason - battery life.
    The 625 SoC was announced in Feb 2016, and would have been released in phones after that date. So it's not a 2015 processor.
    08-17-17 11:00 AM
    I am a casual phone user i.e. not hooked on texting, emailing, etc. I use it for convenience to call home when shopping, search for products and prices when out, play music when walking with dogs. My evaluation is that the KEYone is okay, but not great. I find the antenna is poor for reception on the few calls I make--always breaking up. I find the placement of the mute on the convenience key almost a deal breaker as it is so annoying. And I find the keys way too small for a senior user. It just isn't as nicely designed as the Classic. My phone works well except for the antenna issues and I have had no problems, but will I stick with it? Probably not as it is just missing something somehow. I loved my Classic from the first moment and still love it, but the KEYone is just ho hum to me. I had hoped I would love it, and I just find it average. I always showed everyone my Classic and bragged about it, and I haven't done this once with KEYone.
    08-17-17 11:17 AM
    I am very happy with my KEYone. It does what I need it to do. No problems since I got it.
    08-17-17 11:20 AM
    I'll put it this way, I have both the Keyone and S8+. I rarely if ever see lag on my keyone, but on my Samsung I still see touchwiz (launcher) lag, despite the revamp. I also see other little stutters on my S8+. It has the specs, but not the optimization like a Pixel or IOS device. The keyone is pretty stock Android, so it has less to deal with. I love my s8+ for video and media though. I also LOVE Samsung Pay. tldr both are great with pros and cons.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-17-17 11:45 AM
    Keyone is a really good phone. They are only going to get better. everything works on my phone. only complaint i had was the bluetooth connection with my car and it is now fixed with the latest update
    08-17-17 11:45 AM
    I am a casual phone user i.e. not hooked on texting, emailing, etc. I use it for convenience to call home when shopping, search for products and prices when out, play music when walking with dogs. My evaluation is that the KEYone is okay, but not great. I find the antenna is poor for reception on the few calls I make--always breaking up. I find the placement of the mute on the convenience key almost a deal breaker as it is so annoying. And I find the keys way too small for a senior user. It just isn't as nicely designed as the Classic. My phone works well except for the antenna issues and I have had no problems, but will I stick with it? Probably not as it is just missing something somehow. I loved my Classic from the first moment and still love it, but the KEYone is just ho hum to me. I had hoped I would love it, and I just find it average. I always showed everyone my Classic and bragged about it, and I haven't done this once with KEYone.
    This^^^^^^^^^
    08-17-17 11:52 AM
47 12