I don't think it's a fair characterization to say that it's not up to today's devices. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ just offers a different set of features which includes a physical keyboard and an extremely long battery life. It's not a question of better or worse, just a different set of priorities.
    Do you consider getting notifications a priority? I do, but it seems BlackBerry doesn't.
    08-17-17 11:54 AM
    I will add that I think it's a great device for me. I can tell you that the high end phones will load some items milliseconds before the Keyone but then they are about 200 more. Google Keyone speed comparisons there are a bunch of videos showing that it's on par with most phones. I for one have an iPhone 7 for work and there is no time I feel the need to use it over my Keyone.

I find I think that the Keyone is great at split screen and if you use office apps this phone is great. I have a priv and like this keyboard allot more.

if you look at an iPhone on paper it seems to pale in comparison to some of the flagship Android models but use one and the speed and it's ability to have allot of apps open for what its stats seems small memory and processor speed feel amazing. I feel the same way about the keyone it's stats on paper make it seem like it's a lower end phone but use it and you will see they have optimized it to run very smooth and all day as well.

Now if you are a gamer then this is not the phone to have the smaller screen and chipset will not be great but most people are not buying the Keyone to game on.

The upside is after work when most your flagship friends are hugging a wall to charge you will still have plenty of battery. I see this happen allot we will be out an most people are looking for an outlet and I am looking at 60% battery left and still doing all the same things they are.

One other thing that will make the phone seem really fast is every key on the phone can be programmed as a shortcut to you favorite app so when the guy next to you is scrolling to open the untapped app at the bottom of the list you just short press U and your app is open
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    08-17-17 12:02 PM
    The 625 SoC was announced in Feb 2016, and would have been released in phones after that date. So it's not a 2015 processor.
    Yes agreed terminatorx - I was just taking up on one of the earlier comments which implied it was outdated. As you say it's actually current or recent technology coupled with the latest software for efficiency reasons - and it delivers....
    08-17-17 12:13 PM
    Most higher end devices run much better than the keyone does by far. There is no comparison at all unfortunately BlackBerry keep the 2015 internals instead of today's.
    Keyone is NOT a high end device nor was ever meant to be a high end device otherwise it would $750 plus USD.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-17 12:29 PM
    Feels like a toy, looks like a toy? Blackberry forums are very strange. Some of these reviews are so out there...very entertaining though
    Indeed, the whole place is soooo strange.
    08-17-17 01:03 PM
    two cents: have owned iphone 4,5,6. android htc one, nextbit robin, one plus one, one plus two, windows phone via nokia 2015, s5 and s6 and all the old blackberrys....Keyone: best phone i've ever owned (and just had my screen fall off and replaced within 4 days). Phone is the best of many worlds. Battery life alone makes it a phone i'd choose over iphone and s8. feels high end to me.

of note: i dont use it for all that much media or gaming. it gets the job done for hbo while taking a break at work, five minute pocket gaming and facebooking. Heavy text user and emailer.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    08-17-17 01:20 PM
    It's good mid range phone with flagship price.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-17 01:46 PM
    It's good mid range phone with flagship price.

Posted via CB10
    Samsung S8: $900
    KEYᵒⁿᵉ: $550.

Everyone gets stuck on labels. The fact is everyone offers a different bundle of features at a price they feel makes it worth their while.
    Grabber5.0 and DolemiteDONS like this.
    08-17-17 01:52 PM
    Samsung S8: $900
    KEYᵒⁿᵉ: $550.

Everyone gets stuck on labels. The fact is everyone offers a different bundle of features at different price points.
    No, oneplus 5 is only $479.
    08-17-17 01:58 PM
    No, oneplus 5 is only $479.
    One could play that game forever. So what are the S8 / Pixel 2 / Note 8 / iPhone 7 according to your nomenclature? Flagship phones at double the price?
    terminatorx likes this.
    08-17-17 01:59 PM
    The keyboard and the battery life really make the Keyone and apple to a lot of those high end oranges. If a keyboard isn't that important to someone, i'm not sure it's the right phone for them.
    phuoc likes this.
    08-17-17 02:36 PM
    Just wanted to know if this phone is as bad as some make out. I am in UK and would love to buy this phone, but if all the issues are as bad as some say, is it worth taking a chance? Would love an honest answer, no fanboy or hater bs, just the facts. Hope Blackberry Mobile is viewing this, don't want the hassle of getting the phone, finding a problem & trying to sort it out with Blackberry Mobile.
    Phone is not bad at all, screen lift is a pain. The reception issues should be fixed. But unless you really need the keyboard. Then i would go with another phone, with the new I Phone 8 coming I would wait to take a look.
    phuoc likes this.
    08-17-17 02:47 PM
    I think a lot of this negativity towards the Keyone is that some people are not as anal as others, so to some ya its an ok phone but if your anal about your phone you probably would not like it compared to an apple or a samsung.
    08-17-17 02:59 PM
    I love mine.

Early EU version and I've had no issues. Reception seems no worse than the Priv or my Samsung work phone on the same network.
    08-17-17 03:08 PM
    The BlackBerry KEYone is not anywhere as bad as a few people on this forum claim.
    08-17-17 03:12 PM
    One could play that game forever. So what are the S8 / Pixel 2 / Note 8 / iPhone 7 according to your nomenclature? Flagship phones at double the price?
    Oneplus 5 $479 and HTC U11 $650. They're both top 5 flagship of 2017. I am just saying keyone is close to flagship territory. Even oneplus 5 is getting bashed by media for high price now.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    08-17-17 03:50 PM
    it's a great BlackBerry. it doesn't have some of the things like iris scanning, dual cameras, etc., but it has other benefits like the keyboard and great battery life.

I had the Classic and Passport SE just before the KEYone, and I like this phone more. its styling is unique too, more like the Passport SE's, but Iike it just as much.

would I recommend the KEYone for expansive gaming or watching a lot of movies? probably not. I play Candy Crush Soda Saga, use Uber, twitter, email, texting, Chrome, CNN, AP, Reuters and some solitaire and it's great for these uses. even for a YouTube video here and there, it'll do.
    08-17-17 03:53 PM
    Oneplus 5 $479 and HTC U11 $650. They're both top 5 flagship of 2017. I am just saying keyone is close to flagship territory. Even oneplus 5 is getting bashed by media for high price now.
    Just tell me who is offering a competitive bundle to what the KEYᵒⁿᵉ offers.

It's a question of what is valuable to you. I would use a KEYᵒⁿᵉ over an S8 at the same price, let alone at 40% less.
    08-17-17 03:53 PM
    I'll go even further and say that although everyone says that this is not the phone for heavy media and gaming, it is actually surprisingly VERY good at that imo. On paper sure maybe not, but for me it runs some of the heaviest games with barely any frame drops, completely playable. And back to the first point, wouldn't a phone be excellent for games/multimedia if it can actually do those things without quickly being charger dependant? What I'm saying is, would you rather be able to game/multimedia for 7 hours on a KEYone or 3 hours on an S8?
    08-17-17 04:02 PM
    I have been using mine for 3 weeks now I'm still transferring data from my old Samsung that was stored in memo I have not found anything wrong with it whatsoever battery life is excellent I have never been below 12 hours and I am a very heavy video user when I'm not using video and pushing upwards of 16 hours
    08-17-17 05:06 PM
    08-17-17 06:05 PM
    OP has had his question answered enough here, time to move along.
    08-17-17 09:25 PM
47 12