Long time lover of blackberry. Had two two keyone, got one for the wife. Broke my keyone, picked up what I thought was a temporary s8.. used it for a week. Got new keyone... after two days of use went to s8 again. If blackberry built a extremely high end device (with keyboard) that could compete with s8.. I'd buy in a heart beat..
    ardakca and cwalt2166 like this.
    12-09-17 02:45 PM
    Have owned my new KeyOne since November. absolutely zero defects with the hardware.
    Bee Gee and ch1nchilla like this.
    12-09-17 02:51 PM
    Enjoy the S8, it's a nice device. I used a S8+ and a Note 8 but found them way too invasive... It seems like everything I did, Samsung wanted to butt in and "help" me make things smoother, until I finally sent it back. It was way too annoying.
    Midnightflyer likes this.
    12-09-17 03:40 PM
    Long time lover of blackberry. Had two two keyone, got one for the wife. Broke my keyone, picked up what I thought was a temporary s8.. used it for a week. Got new keyone... after two days of use went to s8 again. If blackberry built a extremely high end device (with keyboard) that could compete with s8.. I'd buy in a heart beat..
    I used the S8 for 3 months. Horrible battery life, Horrible fingerprint scanner placement. I couldn't get used to it to the point where I disabled the password/PIN completely, it's horrendous. Then that annoying Bixby Button. The remapping apps no longer work and you can only disable it but not to assign it to anything else. Major fail! I hate seeing buttons in my face that have no function.

then when it comes to typing, I type a lot of stuff on Whatsapp, I found myself getting irritated by constantly having to correct what I type. I guess I suck at using virtual keyboards but now I'm in heaving typing on the KeyOne knowing that every letter I type is what I intended to type. Nothing beats a physical keyboard. sometimes it's not only about the specs like processor speed and camera but about the overall pleasure of using a device

See you and enjoy your Bixby
    12-09-17 04:30 PM
    don't get me wrong. The typing was oodles better. not even a comparison. I agree the Bixby button is crap. the battery life is crap. . . give it a week and I'll probably change again with my wife.
    Byrese and Snappy Phoenix like this.
    12-09-17 04:33 PM
    There is a physical keyboard attachment for the S8...but it looks really bad and there's no backlighting. But hey beats typing on glass I guess
    12-09-17 04:37 PM
    don't get me wrong. The typing was oodles better. not even a comparison. I agree the Bixby button is crap. the battery life is crap. . . give it a week and I'll probably change again with my wife.
    Battery life alone is enough to keep me on the KEYone. Considering performance is very good, typing experience is superior.
    12-09-17 04:56 PM
    Only thing is if they did do this which I wouldn't mind is that the battery life wouldn't be as good then we would get into the whole mess of having to worry about our phones dying midway thru our day and if we're busy working that's the last thing we would need. What would be nice though is if they can make one with like 6gb of ram then we'd be talking here.
    TCM01 and Snappy Phoenix like this.
    12-09-17 05:05 PM
    I've been with BB for all my career smartphone life, then last year switched to a S7 Edge (not much different than the S8), sorry, but it felt like a downgrade. Apart from the excellent Samsung display, the rest of the phone was disappointing. lousy battery life (relatively speaking), lousy keyboard, and Im not a fan of the samsung software. The BB is so much nicer and cleaner. I still have the S7 around the house as a back up, but much happier with my BE K1 as my daily driver.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    12-09-17 05:14 PM
    and back to the KEYone soon...
    12-09-17 06:50 PM
    12-09-17 07:06 PM
    get a keyone black edition
    12-09-17 07:20 PM
    I tho k the only think I like better about the Samsung is the screen.. at the end of today, I'm missing my black keyone keyboard
    12-09-17 08:17 PM
    Thanks for letting us know!
    12-09-17 08:41 PM
    I tho k the only think I like better about the Samsung is the screen.. at the end of today, I'm missing my black keyone keyboard
    Same experience here. I have iPhone 6, S7 and Keyone Black.

The keyone is my daily driver with the other two as spares.

To be fair though, Samsung's advantage is in the screen and camera, and iPhone has great integration with my Macbook Pro.

For everything else that I use daily, Keyone wins hands down.
    Byrese likes this.
    12-09-17 10:05 PM
    I used to have the Galaxy S8+. great phone. you'll be happy. it was great having a high end processor. kind of wished Keyone did too.

got the Keyone because I missed having a phone that last the full day with my use. also having the familiar keyboard was nice.

everything is a trade off but enjoy the phone!
    FF22 and Bbnivende like this.
    12-09-17 10:20 PM
    I completely understand, OP. I love my Key1 but it lags and stutters more than I'd like. A high end BB with physical keys would be the ish.
    Byrese likes this.
    12-10-17 12:15 AM
    S8 plus with BlackBerry suite / keyboard, 3500 ma battery and flagship specs. Coming from a priv I'm a happy camper.
    12-10-17 01:25 AM
    if we could have blackberry software and samsung hardware ,we could get close to a perfect phone but how many people will pay the price
    12-10-17 12:10 PM
    if we could have blackberry software and samsung hardware ,we could get close to a perfect phone but how many people will pay the price
    Samsung hardware? Perfect phone?

Just another slab
    12-10-17 01:29 PM
    that's true. but I bet a lot of people who have moved on to higher end phones would love that BB keyboard. .. Like myself.
    12-10-17 02:13 PM
    I completely understand, OP. I love my Key1 but it lags and stutters more than I'd like. A high end BB with physical keys would be the ish.
    I don't know why they just don't make one. Wait, I just remembered...their market is basically enterprise for the most part now so I guess they don't have to go high end. Still, I agree it would be the ish and might help get BB back in a strong consumer position.
    12-10-17 09:29 PM
    Well said^^^ Now lets close this thread.
    ch1nchilla likes this.
    12-10-17 10:24 PM
    Good choice dude! BlackBerry is dead in the water anyway. I can see its floating and decomposing corpse in the river. Best to leave!
    lol. i love it when the clueless respond.
    12-11-17 10:04 AM
    Interesting that in the GSMArena battery test the S8 had a slightly higher rating than the Keyone. Maybe an early model .
    12-11-17 11:22 AM
30 12