Did this really need a thread? The cover just snaps back into place.
    rx8er likes this.
    06-25-17 10:15 AM
    I used to have a Z10 and I remember the back cover would snap off for access to the battery. I never had a problem with that. I guess I'll just treat this issue the same.
    06-25-17 11:23 AM
    mine doesn't 'just snap back into place' there is an edge that is easily grabbed that will pull the cover.
    06-25-17 11:29 AM
    Fair enough.

Just noting that it is a non removeable battery. As per the other devices BlackBerry has made in the past with said feature, you typically needed to use a pry tool.

What's the point of making a black plate for the customer to remove at will? It's not even common practise to replace a battery until much much into the future by then people get new phones and you don't typically do it yourself, it can be dangerous.

You can also replace the battery on any other phone. You get a technician to do it for you loll

So another comment about how TCL has purpose built this phone for us to take apart easily for our own repairs. Ok.

They should add that in their marketing materials I guess lolll
    It's not a defect. It's a feature! LMAO!
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-25-17 08:38 PM
    And it also evidently separates without intention lol
    06-25-17 08:50 PM
    I think the Classic had a small amount of glue as well as clipping into place.

Maybe with this phone the gap between the cover and the battery isn't suitable for glue?

it should make battery replacement very easy if it unclips like this!
    06-26-17 12:06 PM
    I think the Classic had a small amount of glue as well as clipping into place.

Maybe with this phone the gap between the cover and the battery isn't suitable for glue?

it should make battery replacement very easy if it unclips like this!
    Oh yeah. With the massive amount of KEYone replacement batteries out there this should be no problem...
    06-26-17 12:12 PM
    with TCL making it, best known in the US for ultra cheap Walmart burners, I am not shocked they would manufacture it via snap together parts less labor intensive than proper adhesives. those tabs might become increasingly incompetent after many cycles in and out. people... buy cases! when is the fire sale?
    06-26-17 12:26 PM
    Oh yeah. With the massive amount of KEYone replacement batteries out there this should be no problem...
    The whole thing is Chinese or Asian produced; batteries will show up on ebay at some point...
    06-26-17 12:28 PM
    I have acquired some knowledge here... if the snaps were made to repeatedly go in and out, no problem, but if not, they may weaken or break... I guess the replacement back plates may show up on ebay as well

Interestingly, the day I received my passport upon opening the cover for insertion of the Sim and memory card I found a tiny piece of plastic and determined that it was one of the clips that had already broken off the very first use. That being said, the cover of the Sim and memory card area on the passport has remained closed competently throughout its use since launch when I received it. I have no complaint about it but on one occasion saw a replacement for this cover on eBay and purchased it and have it in my desk for future use just in case. Belt and suspenders.
    Last edited by charogne; 06-26-17 at 03:07 PM.
    06-26-17 12:30 PM
    So we got screens coming off
    Back covers falling out
    Sim card trays with loose caps....

Who wants to guess what's next? LOL
    06-26-17 01:27 PM
    Have had my Keyone for three weeks. The back cover is starting to come off. How long is this phone supposed to last?

Posted via CB10
    In case helpful to anyone, mine did the same - i've had for less than a month - photo attached (I hope). KEYone back cover separating-20171007_113335.jpg

I just got off the phone with blackberry - they are doing the advance exchange (sending out new phone and then I send back mine in; if out of warranty, get charged $550) b/c I can't bear to be away from my phone to do regular repair. Seems easy enough but it is certainly frustrating since I had the screen fall off and already went through the advance warranty last month... Also, I found it extremely ridiculous that if they determine it's out of warranty, they keep the old phone and charge you $550 - why can't they send me back my out of warranty phone?? Seems like they would be incentivized to determine phone is out of warranty - then they get to charge me for the new one and resell my old one once fixed as a refurb. Oh well - can't live w/o the keyboard, so such is life
    10-07-17 01:42 PM
    I actually had a pretty hard time getting the back cover on. I finally figured out a way to approach it that seems to work every time. You have to start with the metal ring around the camera glass, and get it to slide under the edge of the part of the case covered the top of the phone. This is much harder than it looks. After trying for a couple of hours this is what I figured out. If you start by shifting the back cover a few millimeters to the right while trying to get the left side of the ring ring under the very small lip on the phone casing. If you can get that ring under that lip you actually slide the entire back cover back to the left again a few millimeters to where everything is lined up again. Then all of the clips just push back in.

Just thought I would share in case no one posted this yet. It will definitely save someone a lot of frustration when trying to get that camera lens ring underneath the edge of the phone casing.
    10-27-17 03:23 AM
    the back started separating after about a month. Rogers replaced it.
    10-27-17 06:16 AM
    In case helpful to anyone, mine did the same - i've had for less than a month - photo attached (I hope). Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171007_113335.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	430389

I just got off the phone with blackberry - they are doing the advance exchange (sending out new phone and then I send back mine in; if out of warranty, get charged $550) b/c I can't bear to be away from my phone to do regular repair. Seems easy enough but it is certainly frustrating since I had the screen fall off and already went through the advance warranty last month... Also, I found it extremely ridiculous that if they determine it's out of warranty, they keep the old phone and charge you $550 - why can't they send me back my out of warranty phone?? Seems like they would be incentivized to determine phone is out of warranty - then they get to charge me for the new one and resell my old one once fixed as a refurb. Oh well - can't live w/o the keyboard, so such is life
    That's what mine looks...other than the fact my phone is black.
    05-18-18 05:05 PM
    Have had my Keyone for three weeks. The back cover is starting to come off. How long is this phone supposed to last?

Posted via CB10
    Mine is doung this too. It's chinese junk
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-19-18 10:12 AM
    So, I love this phone... best phone from a performance and functionality standpoint, that i have ever had... and now the "But". Shortly after getting it a year a go, I suffered from screen separation. Good news though, with all the problems, BB replaced it quite quickly. Since then, no problems with the screen. Now though, and this started about 2 months a go and like what has been reported here, the cover on the back sometimes pops free in places. I have to firmly press down and it clicks back into place. This happens so often now that each time I pick up the phone each day, I have to check it. Problem now is... the other day i had to press back in part of the edge... and the edge actually chipped away!! So now I have a chip in the back cover right near the power button.

Anyway, thought I would share it here. It's been less than a year since my phone was replaced for the screen... starting warranty process again, hopefully BB will help me out... maybe Bell? Ugh, hate having to do this. Hopefully Key2 had better quality control.
    06-10-18 10:45 AM
    So, I love this phone... best phone from a performance and functionality standpoint, that i have ever had... and now the "But". Shortly after getting it a year a go, I suffered from screen separation. Good news though, with all the problems, BB replaced it quite quickly. Since then, no problems with the screen. Now though, and this started about 2 months a go and like what has been reported here, the cover on the back sometimes pops free in places. I have to firmly press down and it clicks back into place. This happens so often now that each time I pick up the phone each day, I have to check it. Problem now is... the other day i had to press back in part of the edge... and the edge actually chipped away!! So now I have a chip in the back cover right near the power button.

Anyway, thought I would share it here. It's been less than a year since my phone was replaced for the screen... starting warranty process again, hopefully BB will help me out... maybe Bell? Ugh, hate having to do this. Hopefully Key2 had better quality control.
    You could go it alone:

https://www.etradesupply.com/blackbe...o-grade-s.html

Someone posted that link. I don't know anything about it. Or throw a thin case on it now or to prevent it from happening to a new one.
    06-10-18 12:25 PM
    I had my BB key 1 for about 6 month. I am a huge BB fan eversince as I am a complet enthusiast of the physical keyboard. So this is my first BB where I experienced the following: Back cover started to separate it is due to a few falls from my pocket in sittin position or pulling off the charger cable dragging the phone with itself. You can push it back but eventually it will get off and dust starts going in between the cracks. The phone crashes a few times if I have more apps open, never had this before even on my BB10 was running smoots till the end, it just became a bit slow. Over all I still like it and will give a try to the BB Key 2 but this is a little bit disappointing. As the previous generations were massive and you could drop it from any height it would survive.
    06-11-18 08:33 AM

Follow up... spoke to BB via facebook, they kind of wanted to help me out but involved sending my phone to them for minimum of 10 days with no guarentees... this after finding out that i was still under warranty from the screen pop recall. Decided to call Bell and see what 30 yrs of loyalty would get me. My buyout on key1 was $250... they brought that down to $70 and offered me a new unit only to find they no longer carry it. Solution was to get the BB Motion and upgrade to Key2 in a year. Took the offer... but noooo... a year without my physical keyboard! Ah well, the Motion looks like a good phone though... should receive today or tomorrow. The kicker, they don't even want the key1 back.
    06-13-18 10:00 AM
    Follow up... spoke to BB via facebook, they kind of wanted to help me out but involved sending my phone to them for minimum of 10 days with no guarentees... this after finding out that i was still under warranty from the screen pop recall. Decided to call Bell and see what 30 yrs of loyalty would get me. My buyout on key1 was $250... they brought that down to $70 and offered me a new unit only to find they no longer carry it. Solution was to get the BB Motion and upgrade to Key2 in a year. Took the offer... but noooo... a year without my physical keyboard! Ah well, the Motion looks like a good phone though... should receive today or tomorrow. The kicker, they don't even want the key1 back.
    Again, you could just purchase the back posted about above and be done with it - a keyboard phone, a virtual phone - a complete set!
    06-13-18 11:41 AM
    Has anyone ordered the replacement back yet?
    roughly how long did it take to ship and it did it fit into the phone easy?
    06-13-18 03:16 PM
    Has anyone ordered the replacement back yet?
    roughly how long did it take to ship and it did it fit into the phone easy?
    I didn't order a new back cover but I did take the original completely off to do a screen repair. Putting it back on involves a certain way of doing it or you'll never get it back on properly!

You have to start at the very top left corner just beside the camera lens. Hold it at a bit of an angle and push in the corner all the while turning the cover slightly to get the lens cover in the top cover. You then proceed across the rest of the top. Once the top of the cover is in the rest is easy snapping down the sides and bottom.

If you don't get the top lined up properly you'll never get the tabs on the side or bottom to clip in. Took me several tries and a bit of cursing!
    06-13-18 03:31 PM
    I didn't order a new back cover but I did take the original completely off to do a screen repair. Putting it back on involves a certain way of doing it or you'll never get it back on properly!

You have to start at the very top left corner just beside the camera lens. Hold it at a bit of an angle and push in the corner all the while turning the cover slightly to get the lens cover in the top cover. You then proceed across the rest of the top. Once the top of the cover is in the rest is easy snapping down the sides and bottom.

If you don't get the top lined up properly you'll never get the tabs on the side or bottom to clip in. Took me several tries and a bit of cursing!
    Yep, I had done it won't time like an ***** and took the back off and Crack the plastic over the lens. Thankfully you don't see the Crack line when taking pictures.

So the phone dropped a few times and on the right side the back cover is lifting. It's very minimal but my hands feel it when holding the phone and it's driving me mental!

I want to replace it quick before it begins to open more and become a pain in the but.
    06-13-18 03:34 PM
    Has anybody contacted BlackBerry Mobile about this actually? Do they offer anything?
    06-13-18 03:51 PM
60 123