Hi guys. Was just wondering if anyone else is having problems with their keyone back button? I have to sometimes press it 2/3/4 times before it responds. Can anyone help with this issue?

Thanks
    05-25-17 04:44 AM
    I would say it is a bit less responding sometimes, but not that bad as you are saying. It might not be the response itself, it is a bit worse in terms of reachibility and kind a small, so that might be the reason.
    05-25-17 04:49 AM
    You mean Android's back button?

In almost every Android device I owned it got "stuck" sometimes depending on the app you are into. It has to be something related to the OS or the app itself. Waze is an example of that behavior, especially if it is talking
    05-25-17 05:40 AM
    Hi guys. Was just wondering if anyone else is having problems with their keyone back button? I have to sometimes press it 2/3/4 times before it responds. Can anyone help with this issue?

Thanks
    same here, it's a matter of luck for it to work. that's the only thing I hate about the device
    05-25-17 06:52 AM
    You mean Android's back button?

In almost every Android device I owned it got "stuck" sometimes depending on the app you are into. It has to be something related to the OS or the app itself. Waze is an example of that behavior, especially if it is talking
    Not always. It's a capacitive button on the KEYone so he might actually have a hardware issue. I don't have a KEYone OP so I can't say if what you're experiencing is normal or not.
    05-25-17 07:15 AM
    Thanks guys.
    Yes Snappy Phoenix,so frustrating and its the only thing i hate aswell. Pay so much for it and does summat annoying like this
    05-25-17 07:17 AM
    Not always. It's a capacitive button on the KEYone so he might actually have a hardware issue. I don't have a KEYone OP so I can't say if what you're experiencing is normal or not.
    Thanks. I've contacted blackberry so lets see what they say
    05-25-17 07:17 AM
    Has there been a request submitted to BlackBerry for a command key for the back button? It seems to be something everyone wants and it's a very common button so I think its worth while if we were to complain in unison and I bet it would be any easy fix on their part.
    05-25-17 09:20 PM

Thanks
    More likely to be an Android app or OS response issue than a K1 hardware issue.
    05-25-17 09:40 PM
    Has there been a request submitted to BlackBerry for a command key for the back button? It seems to be something everyone wants and it's a very common button so I think its worth while if we were to complain in unison and I bet it would be any easy fix on their part.
    I assume it was made to BlackBerry Mobile,

I think a lot are having problems with the new lingo since TLC took over the hardware
    05-25-17 10:09 PM
    Hi, I have had my KeyOne for exactly one week and from the start the back button was iffy, but now it hardly responds at all and is so frustrating because I waited a long time for this phone and spent a lot of money on it to finally replace my six-year-old HTC Status. I have contacted my carrier and they said there are no known issues with the phone and to contact BlackBerry. Just wondering if anyone here already had an answer? I had to tap the button 23 times before it responded.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-17-17 06:39 PM
    My back button works every single time. You should not have to tap the button 23 times to get it to work. Bring your device to the point of purchase and have them do a DOA swap.
    07-17-17 09:48 PM
    Mine works but it did become "less" sensitive after the last most current update so I know it's def os! Cuz mine did work without any delays prior to the last security/bug patch!
    Also having a glass screen protector excaberated the issue as well made it worse! Removed it and now works like normal! I also read somewhere to install a back button app and that also works but just haven't done it yet with glass protector installed!
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 08-17-17 at 02:50 AM.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-18-17 01:46 AM
    I have contacted BlackBerry and am waiting to hear back. I made a terrible video before coffee in case anyone else is having the same problem and wants corroboration

Nathan Conley likes this.
    07-18-17 09:17 AM
    I can also confirm this is an issue for me and it became as acute as your video after the July update applied a few days ago. a restart of the phone has made things slightly better but the back button definitely has issues. if you are like me then the home and recent buttons work OK but not the back.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    07-22-17 10:50 AM
    Thanks. I've contacted blackberry so lets see what they say
    Might as well ask the man in the moon...

Posted via CB10
    07-22-17 11:09 AM

Thanks
    The last update I noticed reduced the sensitivity of the buttons! For me to the point I had to remove the glass screen protector! Has anyone also done this to improve sensitivity!? It works fine now but I have no screen protect on! In fact I have found that the touch sensitivity is what it should be now back to normal!
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 07-23-17 at 06:17 AM.
    07-22-17 11:10 AM
    Mine has the same problem, for some reason when you set it up on a table and tap the button with your index finger like you did in the video it almost never works properly. As soon as I pick it up and tap the button with my thumb then it works no problem. I think the actual press area is too small and it causes you to miss it with your index finger. Regardless those capacitive buttons are the single thing I hate the most from this phone, all three button are somewhat unresponsive, sometimes I press them once and it registers 2 taps, sometimes it doesn't register a tap at all.
    07-22-17 04:33 PM
    I am noticing less sensitivity/response in the other two buttons now as well, but the back button is the worst offender with about 10% chance of it working.
    07-22-17 11:09 PM
    I had to put it on the counter to take the video with my other hand, but it doesn't work regardless of if it's on a flat surface, in my hand, on my lap, if I'm using any of my fingers or thumbs. So disappointing.
    07-22-17 11:12 PM
    yes, it's annoying
    07-22-17 11:19 PM
    I wish they kept the classic hard buttons for this feature.

Seriously it makes me want to throw this ******* phone because of it..
    07-24-17 02:49 PM
    I wonder if people with this issue are using a black-bordered glass screen protector.

I applied one, and after about a day, my back button behavior was similar to the behavior I'm reading about in this thread- as well as the video posted.
    I was so frustrated that I remove the protector and things went back to normal. However, the lack of protection prompted me to reapply the screen protector and Find A Remedy.

The Solution for me came in the form of an app called Back Button (no root). It's straight forward and simple to use. Now I have the protection I desire (with the screen protector) and the ability to hit the back button (using the back button on the screen overlay).

This won't be acceptable for all but it works for me. Again, my back button is only unresponsive because I applied a screen protector.
    07-24-17 06:32 PM
    My back button works every single time. You should not have to tap the button 23 times to get it to work. Bring your device to the point of purchase and have them do a DOA swap.
    So does mine.
    07-25-17 12:14 AM

Thanks
    Huge issues right after the most recent update! However I removed my glass screen protector and alls well now! The responsivenss of the soft keys especially the back key is doing what is should!
    The screen is corning glass 4 and has coatings to protect from finger prints and did some research on this! Sometimes with these types of screens another layer on top may affect the sensitivity of the responsiveness. We're talking fractions of a mm but now my screen is bare! Corning glass 4 is scratch and break proof so doesn't need any further protection!
    With the glass screen protectors installed, it really affected the "back" key the worst it seems. However the other two keys seemed fine but yes with the screen bare it's just better and no issue actually.
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 10-30-17 at 09:57 AM.
    07-25-17 04:27 AM
74 123