Hi guys, how do you feel about the auto brightness function on your KEYone.

Does anyone of you feel that the auto brightness dimming level on KEYone is slightly different with other phones eg. Samsung s8?

I feel that the Adjustment of dimming the brightness is too much for me even I'm not in a very dark area.

Apple, Samsung and other phone will dim the screen slowly without a huge big jump but I notice it's not the same case in KEYone.

Anyone have the same problem like me and any solution for it?

Hopefully TCL can fix this issue
    03-04-18 07:43 AM
    I agree the auto brightness is not ideal. The max dim has a huge jump. Additionally I noticed when closing an app, the screen blinks (sets brightness to 100%, probably related to the power center advanced settings).
    This reminded me the perfection of custom auto brightness level settings: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-J3IM4k3AJd...4-22-21-58.png

I am not aware of any known solution or workaround. The steps of auto brightness are not configurable.
    03-04-18 08:14 AM
    I also agree the auto brightness feature of KEYone is not smooth, it jump to much when it is changed.
    03-04-18 08:35 AM
    I think this should be a software issue which can be fixed by BlackBerry team.. Perhaps 🤔 hopefully they can read this lol
    03-04-18 08:44 AM
    I disabled it. Found it to be useless.
    Soapm likes this.
    03-04-18 10:03 AM
    Just as my eyes are struggling to make out some detail on the screen, adaptive brightness dims it. So, I showed it who's boss.
    Soapm likes this.
    03-04-18 12:33 PM
    Yea. It's not the best. The display also seems too bright in certain instances (in a dark room).
    03-05-18 12:31 AM
    Adaptive brightness learns from you just drop down the toll bar menu above and adjust the slider to your preferred lighting and your Blackberry should remember your preferred setting for those light conditions.
    This works quite well on my keyone with adaptive brightness switched on.
    skybluenova and FF22 like this.
    03-05-18 01:03 AM
    I disable mine.
    FF22 and Soapm like this.
    03-05-18 10:00 AM
    Hi guys, how do you feel about the auto brightness function on your KEYone.

Does anyone of you feel that the auto brightness dimming level on KEYone is slightly different with other phones eg. Samsung s8?

I feel that the Adjustment of dimming the brightness is too much for me even I'm not in a very dark area.

Apple, Samsung and other phone will dim the screen slowly without a huge big jump but I notice it's not the same case in KEYone.

Anyone have the same problem like me and any solution for it?

Hopefully TCL can fix this issue

Yea, same thoughts. Maybe they could fix it, after all it would be a software fix.
    03-05-18 02:55 PM
    Since I use Tasker for other things anyway, I created several Tasker profiles using the Light Level state to set the screen brightness.
    03-05-18 04:01 PM
    It is useless
    03-05-18 04:07 PM
    Mine its absolutely fine, even more comfortable than the auto brightness with blue filter on the galaxy note 5. When in the dark, I can keep using the keyone for hours with out any incomfort.

Only if im changing environment from light to dark when using for media consumption, the auto brightness didnt work and I have to get out of the app for it to work.
    03-05-18 04:18 PM
    Auto bright needs to be set while it's turned off. Get somewhere that closely matches your most common lighting usage situation. Turn Auto OFF, set for the level you like, then turn Auto back ON.
    Most people try and adjust it with it turned ON, that doesn't work too good.
    While the stock auto bright does work OK, it's far from great.
    Velis does work great, you can adjust the speed of brightness change and a whole lot of other settings to adjust
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uto.brightness
    Not sure if there is paid version to get rid of the 'in app purchases', but once you get it set, and stop playing with it, thats not a problem.
    03-05-18 08:02 PM
    Yep, mine is off. It's easier to swipe down and set it the way you want whatever the conditions
    03-05-18 09:36 PM
    Yep, mine is off. It's easier to swipe down and set it the way you want whatever the conditions
    I've yet to find a reason to change my brightness???
    03-05-18 10:54 PM