Just curious if anyone has gotten ATT's "HD Calling", otherwise known as VoLTE to work on their K1.

Although my K1 is capable of VoLTE, it is not working. When I log in to my ATT account, I have noticed that my phone is now listed as "unknown", and I have to wonder if that could be way HD calling is not working.

Does anyone else have any experience/information regarding ATT HD Calling/VoLTE?
    07-26-17 02:18 PM
    I am on AT&T and can't find it in my settings anywhere. I would never use it but yeah, it's not there anyway that I can see.
    07-26-17 02:47 PM
    Yup it is not there like the Google Pixel. If it's not an AT&T branded device then you won't get their enhanced features like VoLTE, WiFi calling, Advanced Texting, etc.
    07-26-17 05:37 PM
    Yup it is not there like the Google Pixel. If it's not an AT&T branded device then you won't get their enhanced features like VoLTE, WiFi calling, Advanced Texting, etc.
    You can access a menu.

At the dialpad, dial *#*#46368676#*#* then look for Phone Information... scroll down... you'll see that VoLTE is provisioned. Yet, it doesn't seem to work. So, the phone is capable, but the ATT network is not providing it. I might call ATT and inquire.
    07-26-17 05:56 PM
    You can access a menu.

At the dialpad, dial *#*#46368676#*#* then look for Phone Information... scroll down... you'll see that VoLTE is provisioned. Yet, it doesn't seem to work. So, the phone is capable, but the ATT network is not providing it. I might call ATT and inquire.
    Yes its there and the phone is capable and works for TMo customers but good luck a few people have tired and the CSR doesn't know what to do with an IMEI that's not provisioned for their network. A few have gotten their service in muck, mine almost did.
    Last edited by strikeIII; 07-26-17 at 06:17 PM.
    07-26-17 05:59 PM
    Yes its there and the phone is capable and works for TMo customers but good luck a few people have tired and the CSR doesn't know what to do with an IMEI that's not provisioned for their network. A few have gotten their service in muck, mine almost did.
    Before the June update, the Keyone on AT&T worked with VoLTE. Thereafter, the phone would drop to HSPA for a call. Since the HSPA is an old network, I started getting lots of dropped calls in the places where I dropped calls more than 5 years ago. AT&T branded phones with VoLTE activated would not drop calls in those same places. I called Blackberry Mobile to get a fix, but all I "received" as a response was an automated email telling me my case was closed, with no explanation. When I called in response, I was told the phone is functioning properly. Had to get rid of the phone. Too many dropped calls. Did the July update bring VoLTE back on AT&T? If this ever gets fixed, I would consider buying the KeyOne again.
    07-27-17 09:21 AM
    Before the June update, the Keyone on AT&T worked with VoLTE. Thereafter, the phone would drop to HSPA for a call. Since the HSPA is an old network, I started getting lots of dropped calls in the places where I dropped calls more than 5 years ago. AT&T branded phones with VoLTE activated would not drop calls in those same places. I called Blackberry Mobile to get a fix, but all I "received" as a response was an automated email telling me my case was closed, with no explanation. When I called in response, I was told the phone is functioning properly. Had to get rid of the phone. Too many dropped calls. Did the July update bring VoLTE back on AT&T? If this ever gets fixed, I would consider buying the KeyOne again.
    No July update yet. I heard it was pulled due to some bugs. I do remember the Advanced Calling section prior to the June update but is was blank when when used on AT&T. After the update it was gone. However, people who would use the K1 on T-Mobile the Advance Calling feature was still there but I believe it was moved to the phone settings. If you were to put a AT&T sim back in it would go away. So I still think it has to mainly do with AT&T and not the K1 that's probably why Blackberry support closed your case and stated the device is working as intended.
    07-27-17 09:47 AM
    Yep, no July update so no clue if it has changed, but the VOLTE was removed in the June update. Just one of the things you have to deal with using an unlocked phone on at&t, no wifi calling either which I miss even more.
    07-27-17 10:40 AM
    Yep, no July update so no clue if it has changed, but the VOLTE was removed in the June update. Just one of the things you have to deal with using an unlocked phone on at&t, no wifi calling either which I miss even more.
    07-27-17 10:40 AM
    No July update yet. I heard it was pulled due to some bugs. I do remember the Advanced Calling section prior to the June update but is was blank when when used on AT&T. After the update it was gone. However, people who would use the K1 on T-Mobile the Advance Calling feature was still there but I believe it was moved to the phone settings. If you were to put a AT&T sim back in it would go away. So I still think it has to mainly do with AT&T and not the K1 that's probably why Blackberry support closed your case and stated the device is working as intended.
    True, but there was a menu item for HD Voice. Without it, I'm relegated to a 5 to 10 year old non updated network. The difference in connection quality is significant. One would think TCL could work this out with AT&T. I'd switch to Verizon for the Keyone, but I'm concerned the same thing will happen when it gets an update.
    07-27-17 12:57 PM