I got the phone already. Going to call service centre though about a squeaky key, annoying me.
    Relax, a few of mine were a little squeaky at first, too. My R key still squeaks after a week if I hit it diagonally instead of straight down. The keyboard will loosen up a little.
    08-15-17 06:26 PM
    well, like a dummy, I bought the anker magnetic car phone Air Conditioner vent mounted holder, promoted on crackberry, so I figured it would work, but didn't think abt it enough. Do this is not magnetic.
    08-15-17 06:35 PM
    I have been using my Classic probably for a year and a half now and its solid steel frame inspires confidence in the durability of the device like no other device can. The KEYone just seems strong enough, but I bet it would fail miserably against the Classic in a bend test.

Does anyone actually know if there are any bend test videos of the Classic?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-17 08:53 PM
    Well here's someone trying to bend the Q10:

I'd imagine the Classic would have a similar result. The KEYone on the other hand...

Posted via CB10
    08-15-17 08:56 PM
    Which is stronger out of the 2. The keyone frame to me feels cheaper, and not as strong. Prior to buying the key one i thought the frame was stainless steel. Is the keyone frame cheaper to save costs, or is the anodized frame just as durable. Your thoughts?
    The frame of the KEYone is milled out of aluminum, while the Classic is a stamped sheet of stainless steel. I'll put it in perspective in an area I'm very familiar with. Imagine the difference between an AK (what people simply call an "AK47" without realizing an actual AK47 is a very specific weapon and not at all what all of these AK style rifles are that we see) with a stamped steel receiver and a milled receiver. One is a cheaply made gun that is made to be cheap, while the other is actually of somewhat decent quality and worksmanship...

Stamped = cheap
    Milled = quality

And in case the AK is a bad example since they are not exactly precision made instruments, AR15 receivers are also made out of milled aluminum. So if it can take the heat and vibrations from fully automatic fire from 5.56mm, 7.62x39mm, and even 7.62x51mm rounds, then it's definitely more than durable enough to be used for my phone...
    08-16-17 12:58 AM
    Well here's someone trying to bend the Q10:

I'd imagine the Classic would have a similar result. The KEYone on the other hand...

Posted via CB10
    Uh, totally different people. The guy who does those videos would have bent that Q10 in half. Heck, I could bend the Q10 in half. I have taken so many apart I know what it's made of and it isn't that strong. This guy is either going easy on it to make it appear stronger than it is, or he needs to hit the gym...
    08-16-17 01:00 AM
    Thanks for the advice. I'm going to throw my KEYone into the trash. Best phone I've ever had but now I know better.
    LOL. Some people I still don't understand why they frequent these forums... I guess some of us have more time on our hands than others. I guess it's time for me to go to a forum for a phone I have absolutely no interest in getting and comment there every day, because you know, that makes me cool, lol.
    08-16-17 01:03 AM
    The Keyone is made of pretty low quality materials. The metal used is very weak and bends easily.

The classic (and other BB devices) had an actual frame made of high end metal.

Don't be fooled, the Keyone is low end Chinese garbage.
    It's weird, aluminum is worth more than stainless steel...
    stlabrat likes this.
    08-16-17 01:06 AM
    the mechanical integrity of unit is depend upon overall design and material selection, not just a frame...there are aluminum (e.g. 7xxx series) strong enough (you don't want to be too rigid and strong that transmit the energy to rest of the internal parts...) as protection for the drop test (K1 passed drop test in order to get on to the carrier table). remember, the energy occur during the drop, need to be either dissipated controlly or absorbed enough to prevent damage.... just compare the frame material is very silly (sorry guys). it like to say the car made with thick old grade steel is stronger than the TWB (tailor welded blank) thin high end steel that can act as control deformed upon impact...(not mention that TWB is weight much less...and provide better passager protection during crash - you see nowadays, the car assident death is much less because the proper selection of materials - combination of the materials). IMHO.
    Stop, logic has no place here, lol. (kidding with you man. :-) )
    stlabrat likes this.
    08-16-17 01:08 AM
    You're obviously not an engineer. Just because aluminum is generally weaker than stainless, it doesn't make it any higher or lower end metal -- it all comes down to the intended application.

Haven't you heard? The engineers decided to use aluminum since it has higher thermal heat conductivity than stainless and they wrapped whatever they could around the outside (without interfering with radio signals) to act as a passive heat exchanger (think radiator for car or air conditioning). What does this mean? To make your CPU run cooler and prevent premature wear on critical components such as the tranducers, relays, motherboard soldering, and battery.
    Really? Did the thought of him being an engineer really ever cross your mind? *raises eyebrow*
    08-16-17 01:10 AM

Don't be fooled, the Keyone is low end Chinese garbage.
    Yeah.

My iPhone 7 Plus and iPad Pro, both also made in China, are also pure Chinese garbage.
    08-16-17 01:13 AM
    well, like a dummy, I bought the anker magnetic car phone Air Conditioner vent mounted holder, promoted on crackberry, so I figured it would work, but didn't think abt it enough. Do this is not magnetic.
    Well, steel isn't magnetic either. Iron is. I think the magnetic holder has a piece that sticks to your phone that's actually magnetic doesn't it?
    08-16-17 01:13 AM
    Frankly, I am hugely disappointed by the frame. I tend to drop my phone once in a while and while I never had any real trouble with my Q10 and Passport (without any extra case) my KEYone already got major bruises after four weeks. The main problem is that the frame consists of five different parts. The two bottom parts are so short that they easily get bend. The edge of my right bottom frame part bends outward considerably now quite noticeably when holding the phone in the hand.

I always found the robust frames of my BBs one of their killer features. The KEYone leaves me with a bad feeling.
    08-16-17 01:30 AM
    since you drop so frequently, did you consider a heavy duty frame case? (like the four corner reinforced with rubber? the finger print scanner is in the front, so you can cover the back without problem.... just make sure it not going to interfere with your reception or NFC... not those metallic paint stuff).
    08-16-17 06:38 AM
    Frankly, I am hugely disappointed by the frame. I tend to drop my phone once in a while and while I never had any real trouble with my Q10 and Passport (without any extra case) my KEYone already got major bruises after four weeks. The main problem is that the frame consists of five different parts. The two bottom parts are so short that they easily get bend. The edge of my right bottom frame part bends outward considerably now quite noticeably when holding the phone in the hand.

I always found the robust frames of my BBs one of their killer features. The KEYone leaves me with a bad feeling.
    To me, ever since phone manufacturers replaced plastic screens with glass, that's when screen cracking issues began for everyone. Best is to have a phone with a plastic screen and add a plastic scratch protective film on top. That way it would not be necessary to add a case to the phone. I don't remember ever having to buy a case for my BB7 devices, and I dropped them many times with no problems.
    08-16-17 07:53 AM
    To me, ever since phone manufacturers replaced plastic screens with glass, that's when screen cracking issues began for everyone. Best is to have a phone with a plastic screen and add a plastic scratch protective film on top. That way it would not be necessary to add a case to the phone. I don't remember ever having to buy a case for my BB7 devices, and I dropped them many times with no problems.
    Plastic tends to discolor over time, especially when exposed to heat. Getting a good enough grade of plastic to not have this problem, have high optic value and be "tough" in thin sheets, probable isn't as economical as glass.

Transparent aluminium... that what we need
    08-16-17 08:54 AM

That's true about there being so many sections. From what I've heard, they did that specifically to have gaps in the metal frame in order for the metal to not block signal to the antenna. I think they should have gone the old fashion BlackBerry way of just making the bottom section plastic. That way the rest of it can be the metal and won't have that issue.
    08-16-17 08:57 AM
    Plastic tends to discolor over time, especially when exposed to heat. Getting a good enough grade of plastic to not have this problem, have high optic value and be "tough" in thin sheets, probable isn't as economical as glass.

Transparent aluminium... that what we need
    Even when brand new, plastic absorbs some of the light so the images through the screen would not look that good.
    08-16-17 08:58 AM
    Relax, a few of mine were a little squeaky at first, too. My R key still squeaks after a week if I hit it diagonally instead of straight down. The keyboard will loosen up a little.
    how are they now?
    09-21-17 11:32 AM
    how are they now?
    They are great. Loosened up slightly from new, feeling better than new. Almost no squeak at all now.
    09-21-17 02:45 PM
45 12