Which is stronger out of the 2. The keyone frame to me feels cheaper, and not as strong. Prior to buying the key one i thought the frame was stainless steel. Is the keyone frame cheaper to save costs, or is the anodized frame just as durable. Your thoughts?
    08-14-17 09:40 PM
    The KeyOne would be a brick at its size with a stainless steel frame like the Classic. The KeyOne's frame is also full aluminum all-around, whereas the Classic's bottom portion was plastic. I like the KeyOne's frame a lot, although I do miss that tank-like stainless steel on the Classic.
    08-14-17 10:09 PM
    the KEYone frame reminds me of my MacBook Pro a lot. it feels light but strong. loved the Classic's frame too though. like xenolock said, I also like that the frame of the KEYone is the same material completely, unlike the Classic with its bottom part being plastic.
    08-14-17 10:55 PM
    Isn't the top section of the KEYone plastic?
    08-14-17 11:41 PM
    The Keyone is made of pretty low quality materials. The metal used is very weak and bends easily.

The classic (and other BB devices) had an actual frame made of high end metal.

Don't be fooled, the Keyone is low end Chinese garbage.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    08-15-17 01:20 AM
    The Keyone is made of pretty low quality materials. The metal used is very weak and bends easily.

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to throw my KEYone into the trash. Best phone I've ever had but now I know better.
    Matt_V1, nglfmark, yyz321 and 2 others like this.
    08-15-17 01:57 AM
    Regarding the classic, the plastic at the bottom didn't bother me much, because it's out of view almost. But I just hope the aluminium used on the keyone is durable enough and won't be susceptible to scratches and dents. My classic frame is going strong after 2.5 years, but damage has been shown on the bottom plastic part, this happened after I stopped using the leather case and a lot of drops.
    08-15-17 01:58 AM
    The KeyOne would be a brick at its size with a stainless steel frame like the Classic. The KeyOne's frame is also full aluminum all-around, whereas the Classic's bottom portion was plastic. I like the KeyOne's frame a lot, although I do miss that tank-like stainless steel on the Classic.
    Top part of the K1 frame is plastic, the whole silver top. The lower part actually consists of several section joining by plastic bracket in order to allow for better signal reception. The lower sections are rounded like the iPhone 6 when it came out with the famous bendgate.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-17 02:29 AM
    Regarding the classic, the plastic at the bottom didn't bother me much, because it's out of view almost. But I just hope the aluminium used on the keyone is durable enough and won't be susceptible to scratches and dents. My classic frame is going strong after 2.5 years, but damage has been shown on the bottom plastic part, this happened after I stopped using the leather case and a lot of drops.
    Simply put, if you drop an unprotected KEYᵒⁿᵉ onto a floor there is going to be the possibility of a scratch or dent on the aluminum. If you are worried about that an inexpensive $5 clear gel case should ease your worry.
    08-15-17 02:33 AM
    I thought the top part might have been stainless steel. It resembles the frame section of the classic.
    08-15-17 05:04 AM

While one can argue that the materials may not be as durable as past BB's like the Classic, I definitely wouldn't go as far to say that, give the phone a break, if...it has properly glued screen that is
    08-15-17 05:46 AM
    the mechanical integrity of unit is depend upon overall design and material selection, not just a frame...there are aluminum (e.g. 7xxx series) strong enough (you don't want to be too rigid and strong that transmit the energy to rest of the internal parts...) as protection for the drop test (K1 passed drop test in order to get on to the carrier table). remember, the energy occur during the drop, need to be either dissipated controlly or absorbed enough to prevent damage.... just compare the frame material is very silly (sorry guys). it like to say the car made with thick old grade steel is stronger than the TWB (tailor welded blank) thin high end steel that can act as control deformed upon impact...(not mention that TWB is weight much less...and provide better passager protection during crash - you see nowadays, the car assident death is much less because the proper selection of materials - combination of the materials). IMHO.
    yyz321 and BigBadWulf like this.
    08-15-17 08:00 AM
    So wrong!!!
    08-15-17 08:21 AM
    Which device, the Classic or the Key one get better reception? Is the antenna issue noted for the Key one on YouTube something noticeable or was that something particular to that users unit?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-17 09:01 AM

Comments like these is why I stopped coming to these forums after I got my KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

Won't be back until new device rumors surface.
    SK122387 likes this.
    08-15-17 09:29 AM
    Comments like these is why I stopped coming to these forums after I got my KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

Won't be back until new device rumors surface.
    Because your feelings were hurt or something?

Listen, it's ok to like trash. I like trash things too. I know they're or good, but i enjoy them.

But I admit they're terrible. We're all big boys here. If your feelings are hurt because of your phone...
    08-15-17 12:16 PM
    Because your feelings were hurt or something?

Listen, it's ok to like trash. I like trash things too. I know they're or good, but i enjoy them.

But I admit they're terrible. We're all big boys here. If your feelings are hurt because of your phone...
    No my feelings weren't hurt and aren't hurt by comments about my device or technology in general. I felt your comment gave zero value to the conversation like many other comments on these forums which is why I have checked them less and less since I got my KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Just my opinion about your comments and some others. My feelers are good, thanks for asking.
    slagman5 and SK122387 like this.
    08-15-17 12:27 PM

LULZ
    slagman5 likes this.
    08-15-17 01:23 PM
    Which device, the Classic or the Key one get better reception? Is the antenna issue noted for the Key one on YouTube something noticeable or was that something particular to that users unit?

Posted via CB10
    I think the BlackBerry Classic got a bit better reception, but it's hard to tell because that would be a Verizon vs Sprint (K1) comparison. I have never totally lost signal with the KeyOne, and mine doesn't seem to have the 'KeyOne antennagate' problem. Hard to tell, but I'd guess that the Classic/Q10/Z30/Passport all are a bit stronger.
    08-15-17 01:31 PM

You're obviously not an engineer. Just because aluminum is generally weaker than stainless, it doesn't make it any higher or lower end metal -- it all comes down to the intended application.

Haven't you heard? The engineers decided to use aluminum since it has higher thermal heat conductivity than stainless and they wrapped whatever they could around the outside (without interfering with radio signals) to act as a passive heat exchanger (think radiator for car or air conditioning). What does this mean? To make your CPU run cooler and prevent premature wear on critical components such as the tranducers, relays, motherboard soldering, and battery.
    allsportsfan and BigBadWulf like this.
    08-15-17 05:09 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I'm going to throw my KEYone into the trash. Best phone I've ever had but now I know better.
    I'm glad you understand.........................LOL
    08-15-17 05:14 PM
    Which is stronger out of the 2. The keyone frame to me feels cheaper, and not as strong. Prior to buying the key one i thought the frame was stainless steel. Is the keyone frame cheaper to save costs, or is the anodized frame just as durable. Your thoughts?
    Most phones are made of the lightest thing they can. Stainless Steel is expensive and adds weight. If you like the phone jump in, but I would wait as it is still going through a rocky launch and shakeout period.
    08-15-17 05:16 PM
    Most phones are made of the lightest thing they can. Stainless Steel is expensive and adds weight. If you like the phone jump in, but I would wait as it is still going through a rocky launch and shakeout period.
    The OP already owns the KEYone. Stop the dramatics. Have we seen any reports of units with screens popping out since the middle of June (manufacture date).... Shakeout is done.
    SK122387 likes this.
    08-15-17 05:56 PM
    The OP already owns the KEYone. Stop the dramatics. Have we seen any reports of units with screens popping out since the middle of June (manufacture date).... Shakeout is done.
    What are you talking about? I would assume any issues that are discussed is dramatics. Sorry the phone is perfect, no issues. Works great.
    08-15-17 06:05 PM
    I got the phone already. Going to call service centre though about a squeaky key, annoying me. I wouldn't mind more weight to this phone, but I'm glad it weighs more than the other recent phones, doesn't feel as cheap.
    08-15-17 06:23 PM
45 12