Any new owners with inexperience to share?

Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    05-12-17 09:45 AM
    I'd be surprised if it didn't work.
    05-12-17 12:41 PM
    Any new owners with inexperience to share?

Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    It works perfectly. (If you call Android Auto perfect). Google Assistance on AA works amazing compared to Apple Car Play Siri but Android Auto really needs to work on their user interface.
    MatthiasHannover and salbass like this.
    05-13-17 09:33 AM
    I'd be surprised if it didn't work.
    Hear hear.

Everyone, please understand that this is an Android device. Of course it works with things like Android Auto, and apps from the Play store, etc.

It is, first and foremost, an Android device. In the context of that, the fact that it says Blackberry on the back and has a PKB does not change anything.
    1122334455667788 likes this.
    05-13-17 11:08 AM
    Hear hear.

Everyone, please understand that this is an Android device. Of course it works with things like Android Auto, and apps from the Play store, etc.

It is, first and foremost, an Android device. In the context of that, the fact that it says Blackberry on the back and has a PKB does not change anything.
    Yes, but I was never able to get Android Auto working on my Priv, it works great on my KeyOne though.
    Hoorli and Frederik Benoist like this.
    05-13-17 03:12 PM
    I read from a reviewer that there is a lag when plugging the K1 to your car before Android Auto loads. Anyone having that issue?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-17 01:22 AM
    I have a BlackBerry KeyONE and am plugging it into a Mercedes 2017 GLE AND a Mercedes 2017 GLA 250 and Android Auto does not work on either of these cars.

I am able to go through the setup wizard but once the wizard completes I see either a blank screen on the mercedes screen or I see just the bottom Nav of android auto on the screen. Pressing Navi, Media does nothing on the dashboard.

I am using the provided USB Type C cable, i also tried an Aukey cable and it does not work either. I also purchased a Google USB Type C to Type A cable and this does not work either.

I did have a Samsung Galaxy S6 running Andriod 6.0.1 and it did work on this car.
    My friend has a Google Pixel phone and it works perfectly on the GLA 250.

I wonder if the 2017 GLE is not compatible with Android 7.1.1

I did confirm that Mercedes has a 'patch' for the 2017 GLE for Android Auto. That is being installed by factory next week, will update my post once that is done.
    Last edited by Mike Benadiba; 06-28-17 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Updated with new testing info
    06-05-17 07:29 PM
    I have a 2017 Audi A4. android auto doesn't come up when I plug in my KeyOne. Any suggestions?
    06-11-17 10:20 AM
    I have a 2017 Audi A4. android auto doesn't come up when I plug in my KeyOne. Any suggestions?
    Is AA enabled in your cars settings? I had to do enable it on my Sync 3 system first.
    Marcin Dabrowsky likes this.
    06-18-17 02:36 PM
    It does work however on two phone calls 5 minutes into the call it rebooted the Keyone. Also Google music works 25% of the time else I get an error that Android Auto wasn't able to load the app. Agree the user interface is pretty plain but I do enjoy the navigation. Android seems to have put only minimal effort into it. Seems a recurring theme with Android, basic things that have been in iPhone for years you have to use a third party app to get like voice mail downloads. If I keep my Keyone it will be largely due to my wanting to go back to Android. I had reception issues but overcame them at home with a LTE extender.
    06-19-17 11:28 AM
    Yes, but I was never able to get Android Auto working on my Priv, it works great on my KeyOne though.
    Clearly, it's a Blackberry adapted (format/security) Android device.

I believe all Android functions the same on this device as w any other Android device.
    06-19-17 12:49 PM
    To get my Priv to work, I had to put it in developer mode and enable USB debugging. I'm hoping the KeyOne doesn't have the same issues
    06-26-17 02:59 PM
    Mine is plug and play in my Sync 3 Ford. however the experience is a hot mess. It's so laggy it's barely usable.
    06-26-17 04:11 PM
    works great in my 2017 Ford Explorer Platinum with Sync 3. I do have the Google Play error occasionally and need to reboot to get it working this happened on my S8 plus too. A software update can fix it.
    06-26-17 05:49 PM
    Hmm.. I have the Keyone and coming from an LG G6 the android auto features are SUPER slow or the phone processes things super super super slow.

I've factory reset and I've soft reset the phone but spotify constantly fails (I have to soft reset every time for it to work), voice doesn't work well (when I say something like Message so-and-so on whatsapp it tells me that contact doesn't exist but it's thinking for several seconds that sometimes I feel like it's frozen and I have to end the thinking and re-ask the question), and maps takes forever to load (very very laggy).

I have a brand new Hyundai Tuscon 2017 top of the line. Again the G6 had no issues and worked beautifully. Still love my keyone (still have G6 but refuse to change from keyone). Wouldn't trade it but I wish it was better with Auto... Could be my unit? But everything else is butter smooth.
    06-30-17 06:25 AM
    Any luck with your '17 A4? I have the same. My iPhone works great with Apple Car Play -- plug in and go, with Siri on the steering wheel. Plugging in the KeyOne shows 'Blackberry-Blackberry' on my connections screen but the tick box is greyed out. I've tested with Android Auto app running and not; with the iPhone unplugged from the car; with Bluetooth on and off; and with Developer Mode/USB Debugging on and off...
    07-05-17 10:20 PM
    Works great in 2014 Lincoln MKZ with sync, I plugged in with usb and used it through Bluetooth. However I found it pointless and deleted it after a week and a half.
    07-05-17 10:29 PM
    Any luck with your '17 A4? I have the same. My iPhone works great with Apple Car Play -- plug in and go, with Siri on the steering wheel. Plugging in the KeyOne shows 'Blackberry-Blackberry' on my connections screen but the tick box is greyed out. I've tested with Android Auto app running and not; with the iPhone unplugged from the car; with Bluetooth on and off; and with Developer Mode/USB Debugging on and off...
    I have the exact same problem/situation. I called blackberry mobile support, but they had no idea what the issue was. No Android Auto with the KeyOne in Audi it seems... phone is also lagging heavily, I'm starting to question my purchase...
    07-06-17 10:31 PM
    I took my Mercedes GLE 2017 in and it has all patches. The dealership said there must be a problem with my BlackBerry KEYone as it is not working in the GLE. They said they've never seen an android phone not work with android auto in the Mercedes Benz.

So no Android Auto for keyone on Mercedes Benz 2017. Anyone else having this problem?
    07-26-17 12:30 PM
    Waze is now on Android Auto, finally. I will test it today. Android Auto still working for me, but it is very slow these days, works fine with no slowdown on my pixel. Will see if it can handle waze today, will be almost a deal breaker for me if it doesn't work.
    07-26-17 01:02 PM
    Doesn't seem like the KeyOne has the processing power to run Waze on Android Auto, tried 5 times today with no luck. Worked awesome on the Pixel, would pull up Waze but couldn't ever load the map on the KeyOne. Disappointing, if anyone gets it working, let me know.
    07-26-17 11:40 PM
    I cannot get Android Auto to work on my 2017 Q7
    07-28-17 01:20 AM
    I have a BlackBerry KeyONE and am plugging it into a Mercedes 2017 GLE AND a Mercedes 2017 GLA 250 and Android Auto does not work on either of these cars.

I am able to go through the setup wizard but once the wizard completes I see either a blank screen on the mercedes screen or I see just the bottom Nav of android auto on the screen. Pressing Navi, Media does nothing on the dashboard.

I am using the provided USB Type C cable, i also tried an Aukey cable and it does not work either. I also purchased a Google USB Type C to Type A cable and this does not work either.

I did have a Samsung Galaxy S6 running Andriod 6.0.1 and it did work on this car.
    My friend has a Google Pixel phone and it works perfectly on the GLA 250.

I wonder if the 2017 GLE is not compatible with Android 7.1.1

I did confirm that Mercedes has a 'patch' for the 2017 GLE for Android Auto. That is being installed by factory next week, will update my post once that is done.
    hi, did it all work in the end? I just picked up my 2018 gla250 and its not working, thanks
    11-29-17 10:36 PM
    Unfortunately not. still does not work on my GLE550e 2017.
    It just isnt supported.
    11-29-17 10:45 PM
    works fine on my Kia Sportage.
    11-29-17 11:34 PM
46 12